PDA

View Full Version : Fire Sirmon tonight

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Nm

messageboardsuperhero
11-19-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm done. All things considered, this is the worst defensive performance I've ever seen from an MSU team. Senior night, bowl game on the line, playing a mediocre team, etc. This game is a fireable offense.

Saltydog
11-19-2016, 08:22 PM
w/it.

Vandelay Industries
11-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Was just about to say Orgeron will be looking for a job

starkvegasdawg
AR has 400 yards of offense already.

Cooterpoot
I wouldn't let that mother fr in the locker room at half.

RezDog7
11-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Was just about to say Orgeron will be looking for a job

Please no to O. Hire Mason

TUSK
11-19-2016, 08:30 PM
I have not seen a play of this game (msu/arkie), and I'm "impeded" for the moment....

Cliff's Notes, please (2 sentences, max)

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 08:32 PM
I have not seen a play of this game (msu/arkie), and I'm "impeded" for the moment....

Cliff's Notes, please (2 sentences, max)

38-14 Arkansas

I've seen Highschool teams play better Defense.

DogsofAnarchy
11-19-2016, 08:36 PM
I have not missed a game in over 30 years and I just left early. That's the worst coaching I have ever seen and the worst effort I've ever witnessed.

QUOTE=EngDawg;653355]Nm[/QUOTE]

Vandelay Industries
11-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Mason over O no doubt

Cooterpoot
11-19-2016, 08:38 PM
A fing peg legged midget retard could kick better than fing graves

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 08:43 PM
38-14 Arkansas

I've seen Junior Highschool teams play better Defense.

FIFY

WSOPdawg
11-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Mason over O no doubt

Either are an improvement.

parabrave
11-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Helll hire someone who wants to be here.

RocketDawg
11-19-2016, 08:52 PM
I also left early and am now in my hotel in Columbus. Was about freezing ... I'll blame it on the blood thinner I am taking because it's really not all that cold.

I don't think I've ever seen a defense so ill-prepared.

For what it's worth, Alabama is only ahead 14-3 early in the 3rd and Chattanooga is moving the ball pretty well. Have checked on the Bears yet ... no SEC Network in the hotel ... gonna have to do WatchESPN on my computer.

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 08:52 PM
455 yards total offense for Arkansas IN ONE HALF.

RocketDawg
11-19-2016, 08:53 PM
455 yards total offense for Arkansas IN ONE HALF.

>900 yard pace. Has any team ever had over 1000? Arkansas may tonight.

Activated Alpha
11-19-2016, 08:54 PM
If Mason can beat Ole miss, he might be there a little longer. However Strong might be available at the end of the year

lastmajordog
11-19-2016, 08:58 PM
10-7 bearsharks 13 mins left in first half. Freshman God send 8 for 12 for about 100 i think. Announcers are in love with him I think.....

RezDog7
11-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Our players look like they are trying to play patty cake instead of tackle.

TNDawg35
11-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Mark my words, Mullen has something up his sleeve and has checked out on us... He could give 2 shits about us right now fellas. Our best back had 5 carries on the WORST run defense in the SEC... or is that those dickheads up north.... hell it doesnt matter, he wont see the 17in ball next wk either... Good ridence *******... Cohens clean house tonight you intense bastard you...

Why does Randy Quiad in Major League having his meltdown come to mind right now???

Sacrifice
11-19-2016, 10:07 PM
This is the worst coached MSU defense I've ever seen! Sirmon makes Chris Wilson look like F-in Buddy Ryan

bulldawg28
11-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Mark my words, Mullen has something up his sleeve and has checked out on us... He could give 2 shits about us right now fellas. Our best back had 5 carries on the WORST run defense in the SEC... or is that those dickheads up north.... hell it doesnt matter, he wont see the 17in ball next wk either... Good ridence *******... Cohens clean house tonight you intense bastard you...

Why does Randy Quiad in Major League having his meltdown come to mind right now???

Dude we're scoring almost every drive. Mullen doesn't coach defense.

TNDawg35
11-19-2016, 10:12 PM

Keep telling yourself that. We have had damn near the same defensive philosphy for 8 yrs... minor shit has changed, but damn near the same...

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 10:13 PM

Exactly, fire Sirmon NOW. Give Mullen another year or two because he has proven he can win here

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 10:14 PM
If a child gets behind the wheel of a car and crashes, you don't blame the child. You blame the adult that gave the child the keys to the car.
In other words Dan hired this dumbass

Reason2succeed
11-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Not saying that Sirmon is the defensive genius they were making him out to be at the beginning of the season BUT a lot has to do with the fact that our corners are not SEC caliber. Lockdown corners make almost anyone look like a mastermind on defense.

DudyDawg
11-19-2016, 10:18 PM
All the "experts" on the board didn't want him gone earlier in the year bc of how many we've lost recently. Continuity and what not. The dudes best qualification was LINEBACKER COACH. Now he runs our defense. He needs to be gone and he should be sitting on the plane next to the dumb **** that hired him. How unqualified can you be. Good ole state

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 10:19 PM
If a child gets behind the wheel of a car and crashes, you don't blame the child. You blame the adult that gave the child the keys to the car.

Dan has also hired good D coordiators. If you eat enough apples, eventually you will get a rotten one.

HSVDawg
11-19-2016, 10:25 PM
All the "experts" on the board didn't want him gone earlier in the year bc of how many we've lost recently. Continuity and what not. The dudes best qualification was LINEBACKER COACH. Now he runs our defense. He needs to be gone and he should be sitting on the plane next to the dumb **** that hired him. How unqualified can you be. Good ole state

Exactly. No SEC West team should ever be relegated to hiring a first time DC. We are M-State.

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Dan has also hired good D coordiators. If you eat enough apples, eventually you will get a rotten one.

Dan's made a reputation for himself of being very difficult to work for. It is what it is. We'll have to continue to go the unproven young coach route as long as Danny boy is here

Red Sox Dawg
11-19-2016, 10:28 PM
If Sirmon had any pride at all he would offer his resignation tonight. I have never seen a State defense play scared and shy away from contact like this team. The defensive coaching this year has been a complete disaster.

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 10:33 PM
If Sirmon had any pride at all he would offer his resignation tonight. I have never seen a State defense play scared and shy away from contact like this team. The defensive coaching this year has been a complete disaster.
Really the lack of physicality on D started last year. Something happened and changed our culture. We are so soft and it's just continually gotten worse over the last year. I really don't know how to fix it.

TimberBeast
11-19-2016, 10:40 PM

Exactly

Bothrops
11-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Sirmon will probably quit. I eould

ElectroDawg
11-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Will State pony up and hire a legit defensive coordinator. An offensive coordinator is also on my wish list. If Mullen is dedicated to the program I don't mind him getting an extension but we have to make some staff changes.

Jarius
11-19-2016, 10:57 PM
I remember in the spring and in fall camp people raving about our defense. What happened? How was everyone so off? I'm not being an ass hole, I really want to know how everyone could be so wrong about the defense. Literally everyone on defense got worse.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2016, 11:00 PM
I remember in the spring and in fall camp people raving about our defense. What happened? How was everyone so off? I'm not being an ass hole, I really want to know how everyone could be so wrong about the defense. Literally everyone on defense got worse.

Not everyone. Sirmon talked a great game but I wasn't buying what he was selling. There were a couple of others too.

blacklistedbully
11-19-2016, 11:03 PM

Torbush
Williams
Sirmon

Only Diaz and Collins were decent, and Dan held both of them back.

preachermatt83
11-19-2016, 11:03 PM
Please no to O. Hire Mason

Mason is not going to be fired.

Jarius
11-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Not everyone. Sirmon talked a great game but I wasn't buying what he was selling. There were a couple of others too.

Obviously not everyone, but a good majority I feel like thought we would be salty on D. I went to 2 spring practices and our defense got after the offense. They flew around and made plays. Brandon Bryant looked like an All American. I thought we would struggle on offense but be in most games. I never saw this defense coming.

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Obviously not everyone, but a good majority I feel like thought we would be salty on D. I went to 2 spring practices and our defense got after the offense. They flew around and made plays. Brandon Bryant looked like an All American. I thought we would struggle on offense but be in most games. I never saw this defense coming.

It was the MSU media blowing smoke up our butts all offseason. BSR, Gene, Rosebowl, Paul, etc. that's where it started.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Really the lack of physicality on D started last year. Something happened and changed our culture. We are so soft and it's just continually gotten worse over the last year. I really don't know how to fix it.

This is exactly what I have noticed. Our offense has gotten a little more physical after Fitz started running over guys and dragging them down field. They have seemed to feed off of it. The defense doesn't seem to have that guy. Richie Brown is softer now than he was 2 years ago. AJ or Nick James don't seem to have it either. Leo, Simmons, and Spencer are about the only ones I care show back up next year.

state66
11-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Weve had mullen for what 8 seasons now? Has he fired a single assistant? Les Koening? Or did he leave on his own for texas. Angelo Mirando had to be fired due to NCAA. Im not even sure hes ever fired someone in his career.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2016, 11:29 PM
It was the MSU media blowing smoke up our butts all offseason. BSR, Gene, Rosebowl, Paul, etc. that's where it started.

Yeah, this happens every summer. Just wait until August, 80% of this board will be predicting 8+ wins.

Bothrops
11-19-2016, 11:44 PM
I'll admit, I thought we'd be better with the players we had returning on D, based on experience. I don't think it's a talent deficit at all, rather, I think it's lack of motivation, leadership, strength & conditioning, game planning, weekly practice effort, game effort, accountability, staff chemistry, pride, coaching turnover, combined with an ineffective scheme.

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 11:47 PM

You can add C34 to that as well. It wasn't just your usual sunshine pumpers. It was everybody.

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 11:52 PM
You can add C34 to that as well. It wasn't just your usual sunshine pumpers. It was everybody.
I don't remember coach jerking off to Sirmon like the others I listed. I could be wrong though

EngDawg
11-19-2016, 11:55 PM
I don't remember coach jerking off to Sirmon like the others I listed. I could be wrong though

I think his actual quote went something like that the front seven would be ridiculously good, but the secondary was suspect.

BayouDawg
11-19-2016, 11:58 PM
I think his actual quote went something like that the front seven would be ridicouly good, but the secondary was suspect.

I thought our front 7 would be servicable. I think we all knew the secondary would be putrid. I just never expected such little effort out of a college level defense.

TrapGame
11-20-2016, 12:05 AM
I was one of those that thought Sirmon needed another year but after tonight I wouldn't give him another game. Torbush wasn't this bad.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:10 AM
I was one of those that thought Sirmon needed another year but after tonight I wouldn't give him another game. Torbush wasn't this bad.

If Croom could find a solid D coordinator (yes, I think Ellis Johnson was a solid d coordinator for several years) any idiot should be able to.

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 12:45 AM

Not me.

I posted many times people had no idea the radical change we were gonna undertake switching to a true 2 gap D.

I doubted we had the talent to run it, and we don't.

It's like moron Croom trying to run the WCO, pro version, with Omar.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:48 AM
Not me.

I posted many times people had no idea the radical change we were gonna undertake switching to a true 2 gap D.

I doubted we had the talent to run it, and we don't.

It's like moron Croom trying to run the WCO, pro version, with Omar.

This. I was very worried when I heard 3-4. I remembered how much UGA struggled their first year switching to a 3-4. It's just not a great college scheme, unless you're Bama.

Really Clark?
11-20-2016, 12:53 AM
This. I was very worried when I heard 3-4. I remembered how much UGA struggled their first year switching to a 3-4. It's just not a great college scheme, unless you're Bama.

I disagree with that. Wisconsin runs it well for a while now. Aranda coaches it well. You do have to wait out the transition. And I was concerned about it. What is most disappointing however is our LB play with the scheme.

Bucky Dog
11-20-2016, 12:55 AM
It's strength and conditioning to start with on D. We are slow and out of shape, and play with no intensity. Richie has done a lot in his career but this year, he is smaller, slower and doesn't seem to are as much.

I do want to say that with Sirmon we should give him another year of getting his players on the system, and we need to get better players. Dan needs to completely turn over the philosophy and play calling to Sirmon as well and we have to be more aggressive!

Spiderman
11-20-2016, 12:56 AM

That's why we look so slow. Confused and unsure players don't play fast and aggressive.

It's killed Ritchie

yjnkdawg
11-20-2016, 12:56 AM

I agree. It didn't just happen when Sirmon arrived. Last year, we had opposing receivers running wide open, lack of tackling, and lack of hitting, and pressure. Same old same old.

BayouDawg
11-20-2016, 12:57 AM
I disagree with that. Wisconsin runs it well for a while now. Aranda coaches it well. You do have to wait out the transition. And I was concerned about it. What is most disappointing however is our LB play with the scheme.

That's what I'm saying. If UGA had trouble transitioning to it with all their talent it was gonna be extra difficult for us. For a 3-4 to work in college you need an excellent experienced coordinator and time.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-20-2016, 12:17 PM
Sirmon has just been in over his head from the start. Mullen made the hire so is it a bad hire or just a flat lazy one from your Head coach?