PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

DownwardDawg
09-02-2013, 09:18 PM
We play soft. We're scared to hit somebody in the mouth. We look like a bunch of pussies out there. The 2010 team would embarrass this team. It would be a Gator bowl type beat down.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
There was no relentless effort, except from the D.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Yep. I said it from day one with Tyler Russell. He is a good solid QB, but he and Mullen's offense do not mesh. The timing of our best QB recruit ever and Dan Mullen's hiring, was terrible for both unfortunately. The physicality was gone as soon as Russell became starter. MSU is built to be a physical team, and that's how we will succeed in football. We have to be a smash mouth offense and smash mouth defense, and when Dak is in the game, we can do that.

I know everybody that loves Tyler is hating this, because I'm hating that some of us saw it coming. I wanted Tyler to be our Eli....but the truth is, we don't need Eli, we need Tebow. Sucks for Russell and for the fans and program.... but Relf, Dak, Williams, Staley, Fitzgerald, are easier for Mullen to gameplan around than Russell. It is what it is.

Our D is looking better, so Im hoping we will get back to hitting folks in the mouth this year. Our O can't hit anyone in the mouth because we run a finesse offense, with a finesse QB, and a finesse RB as our every down RB.