PDA

View Full Version : Just 2 weeks...

maroonmania
09-02-2013, 09:00 PM
and I think @Auburn will be possibly the most pivotal game of Mullen's HC career at MSU. First, after seeing OM and Ark this past weekend and then Aub I personally don't see any way for us to get to 6 wins without a win over Auburn. In the opening weekend, though they won, I would still say Auburn was the least impressive of the 3 between Aub, Ark and OM. Just don't see how we could lose to Auburn and then expect to win both @Ark and the Egg Bowl. Might win one or the other but very unlikely to win both. And I saw NOTHING out of our performance Saturday to give me ANY hope of beating AL, LSU, TA&M or SC. So if we lose @Auburn I see us going at best 5-7 and if we do that after the poor finish from last year I really believe Dan is going to start losing the support of a lot of the fanbase. In fact, if we go to the Plains and lose I could see this season spiraling to something even worse than 5-7. Don't look now but neither Troy nor Bowling Green are exactly cupcakes.

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Shameless bump because I'm interested in other opinions on this. Maybe someone can give me a rosier outlook.

CJDAWG85
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
The Auburn game will decide the fate of the season, baring a miracle upset... We have to leave that game, win or lose, leaving everything on the field...

PMDawg
09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
The Auburn game will decide the fate of the season, baring a miracle upset... We have to leave that game, win or lose, leaving everything on the field...

which is something we haven't done since 2010. Maybe even 2009.

Jacksondevildog
09-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Agreed. Big game.

Auburn will gash our DE's and run misdirection on us. We will be slow to adjust and will be down before we do adjust. We will not keep containment on the backside and play undisciplined. Think a longer version of OSU with the read option look. I just don't see us beating them at night at Auburn.

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Agreed. Big game.

Auburn will gash our DE's and run misdirection on us. We will be slow to adjust and will be down before we do adjust. We will not keep containment on the backside and play undisciplined. Think a longer version of OSU with the read option look. I just don't see us beating them at night at Auburn.

My only hope is that the OSU read option was something our players came in totally unprepared for and we had a lot of trouble (especially Autry) adjusting real time. On the other hand our coaches have seen plenty enough of Malzahn over the years to have a pretty good idea about what's coming.

Political Hack
09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Auburn, OM, BG, UK, Alcorn, and Troy are all must wins for CDM IMO.