PDA

View Full Version : Watching Ohio state

msstate7
11-19-2016, 12:27 PM
When they get to running the ball effectively, they always seem to go to the PA (off what looks like a zone read) and hit the slot receiver or te in the middle of the field. Really wish dan would use this play... it's very effective

rolodawg
11-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Didn't we used to run that with Lewis across the middle?

TUSK
11-19-2016, 12:42 PM
When they get to running the ball effectively, they always seem to go to the PA (off what looks like a zone read) and hit the slot receiver or te in the middle of the field. Really wish dan would use this play... it's very effective

Do you find OSU's OL "underwhelming"?

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 12:46 PM

Yep. I was just thinking that Bama's DL and LBs would destroy them ... as they are playing right now.

msstate7
11-19-2016, 12:51 PM

They're definitely young. If Ohio state gets in 3rd and longs, they won't be able to protect Barrett.

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 12:58 PM
They're definitely young. If Ohio state gets in 3rd and longs, they won't be able to protect Barrett.

Not too familiar with them but it seems like they have 1-Sr, 2-Jrs, 1-Soph, and 1-Fr going up against 3-Frs and 1 Soph. And they be getting whupped pretty good right now by those 3-Frs and 1-Soph.

msstate7
11-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Not too familiar with them but it seems like they have 1-Sr, 2-Jrs, 1-Soph, and 1-Fr going up against 3-Frs and 1 Soph. And they be getting whupped pretty good right now by those 3-Frs and 1-Soph.

I wouldn't get too carried away with 1 game. Here's their big10 rankings...

#1 rushing offense
#1 rushing yards per attempt
#3 sacks allowed
#1 TFL allowed

I consider those oline indicators.

They're also...

#1 scoring offense
#1 total offense
#4 passing offense

You don't have stats like that without a good oline. Now I watch them a lot and blitzes are a problem for them in passing situations.

TUSK
11-19-2016, 01:21 PM
"...And MDL wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer...."

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't get too carried away with 1 game. Here's their big10 rankings...

#1 rushing offense
#1 rushing yards per attempt
#3 sacks allowed
#1 TFL allowed

I consider those oline indicators.

They're also...

#1 scoring offense
#1 total offense
#4 passing offense

You don't have stats like that without a good oline. Now I watch them a lot and blitzes are a problem for them in passing situations.

Didn't know their stats. I did caveat my first post with "as they are playing right now".

msstate7
11-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Didn't know their stats. I did caveat my first post with "as they are playing right now".

Their oline is the weakest link of their team though... their weakness is stronger than our strength

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 01:26 PM
"...And MDL wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer...."

LOL ... you bastard ... rub it in. ****** I don't see even a young Skywalker on the near horizon.

msstate7
11-19-2016, 01:27 PM
LOL ... you bastard ... rub it in. ****** I don't see even a young Skywalker on the near horizon.

Herman at aTm or lsu

Fisher at lsu could be problematic for bama too

msstate7
11-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Lsu needs to get Herman as HC and retain aranda as DC. This would be formidable

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Herman at aTm or lsu

Fisher at lsu could be problematic for bama too

That would seem like a future-distant horizon to me.

ETA: Next year Bammer reloads a little on D while Hurts and their mostly young O has more experience and maturity.

msstate7
11-19-2016, 01:33 PM

Herman took over Houston and beat fsu in the orange bowl last season. He's beat Louisville and Oklahoma this year. Herman could be dangerous with lsu...

TUSK
11-19-2016, 01:34 PM

Ya know, if ya want, I could make some calls.... getcha moved up in the Assimilation Line....

#dontresist

TUSK
11-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Herman took over Houston and beat fsu in the orange bowl last season. He's beat Louisville and Oklahoma this year. Herman could be dangerous with lsu...

no doubt... there are several HCs that could make LSU an instant CFP contender...

they were just hamstrung with incompetence for a long time...

TUSK
11-19-2016, 01:42 PM

ETA: Next year Bammer reloads a little on D while Hurts and their mostly young O has more experience and maturity.

I know that sounds crazy, but the O will be much better and IF the D can have just a couple DLs and LBs live up to expectation and add depth, they'll be almost as good (overall).... the DL won't be as terrifying, however.

I had 2017 penciled in as "the year" mostly due to the schedule and youth.

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Ya know, if ya want, I could make some calls.... getcha moved up in the Assimilation Line....

#dontresist

Powerful it is, the Darkside ... Difficult resistance to its Vortex is.

Good & Evil ... there never is one without the other.

#neversurrender

dawgday166
11-19-2016, 01:52 PM
I know that sounds crazy, but the O will be much better and IF the D can have just a couple DLs and LBs live up to expectation and add depth, they'll be almost as good (overall).... the DL won't be as terrifying, however.

I had 2017 penciled in as "the year" mostly due to the schedule and youth.

Yea, I kinda realize this. It sucks haha. A Herman at LSU might give them a little bit of a scrap but the rest of the West is toast.

ETA: The slight hope is OSU isn't as young and Harbaugh is in his 3rd year at Michigan. Maybe Fisher or Dabo could possibly do something.