PDA

View Full Version : Basketball rule changes and fouls

JoseBrown
11-18-2016, 02:23 PM
This is a really interesting article discussing the rule changes and thoughts on keeping the 5-foul limit. Personally, I understand what they are doing and why, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm with
Dicky V here! If they're gonna call any type of contact, then they should increase the foul limit.

This guy compares it to the NBA by minutes and number of fouls being equal keeping the limit at five. The only thing he forgets is the rule changes he investigated and wrote about...

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/college-basketball-five-fouls-increase-six-fouls-fouled-out-matt-painter-dick-vitale/1ryeny2mtdpcj1b5itsomoduyu

"If they?re going to advocate two-hand touch football, we need six fouls,? Painter said, according to GoldandBlack.com. ?People don?t come to the game to watch people sit on the bench"

thf24
11-18-2016, 02:35 PM
Seems like a no-brainer to me. If you're going to call more fouls, you have to increase the limit. They should maybe increase the bonuses by 1-2 fouls as well.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 03:21 PM
if you've got an extra foul to play with, won't you just foul more? Or at least not worry about fouling as much.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 03:31 PM
if you've got an extra foul to play with, won't you just foul more? Or at least not worry about fouling as much.

Well if you are already worrying about fouling, you have already lost to begin with. Meaning you won't play aggressively but timid and that is what they are creating. If they keep these rules, good bye man to man defense.

JoseBrown
11-18-2016, 05:46 PM

Or say a Keglar picks up his second foul early. Instead of sitting on the bench the rest of the first half he can play offense and just watch what direction he's breathing on defense. The way they are calling it now too many good, or aggressive, players are gonna be riding the pine in the first half with two fouls much of the time. They say people aren't paying to watch contact on the court, well I contend people aren't paying to see good players pick up two quick fouls and not play at all.