PDA

View Full Version : MSU Breaking New Broadcasting Ground

Really Clark?
11-18-2016, 12:27 PM
Very cool for our university.

https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2016/11/18/msu-video-department-makes-history-with-sec-network-broadcast/

Political Hack
11-18-2016, 12:49 PM
When I read that, this is what I heard: "Every baseball and basketball game should be streamed online. There are no more excuses."

Cooterpoot
11-18-2016, 01:22 PM
I watched it. Always good to come back from 2 sets down to beat UM.

Really Clark?
11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
When I read that, this is what I heard: "Every baseball and basketball game should be streamed online. There are no more excuses."

True. I was also wondering how we can use this to generate revenue for the non-revenue sports to help the athletic department and really expand the educational department for the university as well. Broaden our broadcast, communications, engineering, etc.

Outside Dawg
11-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Maybe I missed it, but are we the first on sec network, or just the first time msu did this?

Gutter Cobreh
11-18-2016, 02:58 PM

How dare we be the first to do this and what about all those lowly ESPN tech crews that will hit the unemployment line now that we have shown everyone how this can be done? We're the China of the SEC with the way we're stealing jobs and putting people out of work. Travesty****

iPat09
11-18-2016, 03:15 PM
Other schools have been on SEC Network when it comes to broadcasting. State had to build a whole new control room before they could do it. Everything, all the cameras and equipment in the control room, had to be up to ESPN's standards. I spent a few years on the crew as a camera guy and we streamed everything except for football that happened on campus. And really, there is no difference between streaming and on tv from a production side. It pretty much came down to having to wait for a new control room when finally having people within the university putting a product on tv. So no, State isn't first in any of this. Far from it in fact.

RocketDawg
11-18-2016, 05:49 PM
ESPN could save even more money by doing what they did last year ... not even have the announcers on site, but sitting in a room in Orlando watching television ... especially for relatively minor sports like volleyball.

msbulldog
11-18-2016, 06:45 PM
ESPN could save even more money by doing what they did last year ... not even have the announcers on site, but sitting in a room in Orlando watching television ... especially for relatively minor sports like volleyball.

Good for minor sports, but they need boots on the ground for background research and interviews for major sports.