PDA

View Full Version : Where's the excitement?

Coach 57
11-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Win or stay home. It's the clich? saying of our lifetime. We normally hear it as it pertains to the NBA playoffs but in this case it is true for this current campaign of the MSU bulldawgs tomorrow night.

The stage is set, I believe Mullen has put all the "eggs" (pun intended) in one basket! Senior night & a late kick off. Young men who've devoted themselves to this university who've bleed, sweat and cried both tears of joy & agony play their last game in front of (hopefully) a sold out crowd @ DWS tomorrow night for ALL THE MARBLES! Win & let's look into the basket to grab our egg back, lose and I assure you we lose the basket in an absolute blow out in Oxford!

It never ceases to amaze me the sheer ignorance of this fan base year after year. I've remained silent for most of this year purposely to watch these young men give their all, those motives be questioned, our fanbase fracture and splinter over losing games that, yes we SHOULD HAVE WON. But we have a chance to be bowl eligible after facing the worst & 2nd worst run defenses in our conference, which is our strength! If you really want to get down to brass tacks this season should've been over last week, but this inexperienced and young team fought hard for this school 2 weeks ago against a vaunted top 5 team. We didn't get the easy way out like OM did, we actually had to stop Trevor Knight.

And yet it all hangs in the balance for one final Saturday night in Starkville, MS where the 39759 SHOULD BE ROCKING! One thing I've realized about young players in my short career as a coach....young players feed off the crowd! So be there tomorrow night, scream your head off! Give credit to these kids who've sacrificed week after week to hone their craft but most importantly thank God for another day to draw breath to live. Kiss your wife, hug your kids, sleep well tomorrow night and get your butts up for church Sunday morning and tell em' Coach 57 sent me!

BeastMan
11-18-2016, 09:17 AM
Let me break this down. MSU matches up favorably with Arkansas and Ole Miss but we're talking about a team that lost to South Alabama, Kentucky, & BYU. We have a chance but let's not get out of hand.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm glad to see you posting again! I always liked reading your analysis. Post more!

BrunswickDawg
11-18-2016, 09:19 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/37Ez5CZ8P0jSM/giphy.gif

Barking 13
11-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Bluto: Who's with me? :cool:

maroonmania
11-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Well I'm headed to the game and reasonably optimistic to get a win. However, its a 10 times bigger hurdle for this MSU team to beat the Bears in Oxford than beating the Hogs in Starkville. So even IF we win Saturday the REAL hurdle to getting to a bowl game will be the game in Oxford. If Hugh Freeze has shown anything in his tenure its that he has his team ready for the Egg Bowl. Been quite a while since I've really seen our team be jacked and ready for the Egg Bowl.

Coach 57
11-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Beastman- I'm disappointed in you bro. "Let's not get out of hand"? Wow, I'm glad Houston didn't listen to you last night. I'm glad this team didn't listen to that 2 weeks ago Vs aTm.

We are built to beat BOTH of these teams! Neither team will be able to completely stop Fitz & Aeris Williams. When they load up Gray or Fred will have single coverage (based solely on numbers). Those two guys can take the top off of the defense on the back end. Our OL as banged up as they've been, they've progressively gotten better week after week with the exception of playing Bama. Are you guys so blinded by your emotions you can't see plain ole football? Wow. A lot of you guys say your "being real" but rather are being a "real turd" in the punch bowl.

Ari Gold
11-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Pretty simple
Play with the fire and passion and effort we did against Texas AM and USCe we win both games
Play like we did against Samford and Auburn.. It's 0-2

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Ill be there. Looking forward to it.

Hail State!

BeastMan
11-18-2016, 10:57 AM
I'll be at the game and I'm picking us to win. I have trust issues with this team and I feel pretty justified in saying that.

Turfdawg67
11-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Careful, there's a few "fans" on here that'll call you a sunshine pumper. No worries though, they only post on the game threads to bitch.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Beastman- I'm disappointed in you bro. "Let's not get out of hand"? Wow, I'm glad Houston didn't listen to you last night. I'm glad this team didn't listen to that 2 weeks ago Vs aTm.

We are built to beat BOTH of these teams! Neither team will be able to completely stop Fitz & Aeris Williams. When they load up Gray or Fred will have single coverage (based solely on numbers). Those two guys can take the top off of the defense on the back end. Our OL as banged up as they've been, they've progressively gotten better week after week with the exception of playing Bama. Are you guys so blinded by your emotions you can't see plain ole football? Wow. A lot of you guys say your "being real" but rather are being a "real turd" in the punch bowl.

I'll be there. I don't see us stopping Arkansas though.

BeastMan
11-18-2016, 11:45 AM

They're the 2nd worst rushing D in the SEC. We'all be able to move the ball. The other side is Austin Allen is 3rd in the SEC in passing yards and 4th in QBR. Our passing defense is 117th in the nation.

BeastMan
11-18-2016, 11:45 AM

They're the 2nd worst rushing D in the SEC. We'all be able to move the ball. The other side is Austin Allen is 3rd in the SEC in passing yards and 4th in QBR. Our passing defense is 117th in the nation.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 11:55 AM

There most impressive game was probably only losing to Bama 49-30. They beat UF by 21 and beat Ole Miss. Then on the other side they get killed by AU and LSU.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:02 PM
There most impressive game was probably only losing to Bama 49-30. They beat UF by 21 and beat Ole Miss. Then on the other side they get killed by AU and LSU.

And beat pretty good by aTm

dawgfan016
11-18-2016, 12:02 PM
DWS is 39762 ***

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
And beat pretty good by aTm

Early in the year, at A&M, and Knight played the whole game, but yeah.

BeastMan
11-18-2016, 12:09 PM

That's brings up the other big thing with them. Typically, they are really good at home and struggle on the road.

gravedigger
11-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Win or stay home. It's the clich? saying of our lifetime. We normally hear it as it pertains to the NBA playoffs but in this case it is true for this current campaign of the MSU bulldawgs tomorrow night.

The stage is set, I believe Mullen has put all the "eggs" (pun intended) in one basket! Senior night & a late kick off. Young men who've devoted themselves to this university who've bleed, sweat and cried both tears of joy & agony play their last game in front of (hopefully) a sold out crowd @ DWS tomorrow night for ALL THE MARBLES! Win & let's look into the basket to grab our egg back, lose and I assure you we lose the basket in an absolute blow out in Oxford!

It never ceases to amaze me the sheer ignorance of this fan base year after year. I've remained silent for most of this year purposely to watch these young men give their all, those motives be questioned, our fanbase fracture and splinter over losing games that, yes we SHOULD HAVE WON. But we have a chance to be bowl eligible after facing the worst & 2nd worst run defenses in our conference, which is our strength! If you really want to get down to brass tacks this season should've been over last week, but this inexperienced and young team fought hard for this school 2 weeks ago against a vaunted top 5 team. We didn't get the easy way out like OM did, we actually had to stop Trevor Knight.

And yet it all hangs in the balance for one final Saturday night in Starkville, MS where the 39759 SHOULD BE ROCKING! One thing I've realized about young players in my short career as a coach....young players feed off the crowd! So be there tomorrow night, scream your head off! Give credit to these kids who've sacrificed week after week to hone their craft but most importantly thank God for another day to draw breath to live. Kiss your wife, hug your kids, sleep well tomorrow night and get your butts up for church Sunday morning and tell em' Coach 57 sent me!

This is a directional game. Get busy livin or get busy dying. And dying ant much of a livin boys.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:13 PM
That's brings up the other big thing with them. Typically, they are really good at home and struggle on the road.

They've played 1 true sec road game so far and lost 56-3 to auburn. They played a neutral site (in Texas though) vs aTm and lost 45-24.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Early in the year, at A&M, and Knight played the whole game, but yeah.

At AT&T stadium in Arlington, but in Texas

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 12:38 PM
At AT&T stadium in Arlington, but in Texas

I'm more impressed with their season than ours. Do you disagree?

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm more impressed with their season than ours. Do you disagree?

Is this a serious question? Hell yeah, I'd rather have their season, but only bc they took care of business in OOC and we didn't.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Is this a serious question? Hell yeah, I'd rather have their season, but only bc they took care of business in OOC and we didn't.

Sometimes I can't tell with you. Vegas has named us the favorite in this game, but I just don't see it.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Sometimes I can't tell with you. Vegas has named us the favorite in this game, but I just don't see it.

ESPN FPI has us at 53.6% chance of winning.

Oh and your predictor isn't always calibrated... remember your OM won't lose again after bama loss? Haha

HSVDawg
11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
I've remained silent for most of this year purposely to watch these young men give their all

And this is where I stopped reading. If you can honestly say you've been pleased with the effort of all of our players this year, then quite frankly you haven't been watching. We've had several guys that deserve a season long benching due to their lack of effort and one in particular who should have been kicked off the team by now.

That, in my opinion, is the answer to your question above of where the excitement has gone. It's one thing to lose games you shouldn't, lose games on the last play, and so forth. But it's another thing altogether to do all of the above while half-assing it. Fans don't want to spend time or money on supporting that, nor should they.

Coach 57
11-18-2016, 01:45 PM
And this is where I stopped reading. If you can honestly say you've been pleased with the effort of all of our players this year, then quite frankly you haven't been watching. We've had several guys that deserve a season long benching due to their lack of effort and one in particular who should have been kicked off the team by now.

That, in my opinion, is the answer to your question above of where the excitement has gone. It's one thing to lose games you shouldn't, lose games on the last play, and so forth. But it's another thing altogether to do all of the above while half-assing it. Fans don't want to spend time or money on supporting that, nor should they.

This team has struggled with finding leadership all year long. It's clearly evident. Young teams (like this one) are like peaks & valleys. They can't sustain the level of intensity from game to game without a leader who is purposeful in not telling to get fired up and telling them to be passionate but SHOWING them and they respond.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 01:51 PM
This team has struggled with finding leadership all year long. It's clearly evident. Young teams (like this one) are like peaks & valleys. They can't sustain the level of intensity from game to game without a leader who is purposeful in not telling to get fired up and telling them to be passionate but SHOWING them and they respond.

I think we've played hard and with intensity 5 times this year. We are 2-3 in those games. SC, LSU, UK, BYU, and A&M.

HSVDawg
11-18-2016, 01:55 PM

Whatever makes you feel better. This isn't Mullen's youngest team by a long shot and we never had guys flat out jogging and loafing around on critical plays like we've had this year. The worst part is that just about all of the most egregious offenders have been upperclassmen.