Any tv?

Only ESPN3 (online)

msstate7
11-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Only ESPN3 (online)

Thanks

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 12:35 AM
We matchup decently with Boise State. Our biggest defensive liability will be IJ Ready as their PG is 6'7". I think we beat Boise State by 5-10 tomorrow and get back on track. Their bigs also had foul trouble. No 7'6" guys on their team. I also think College of Charleston will beat UCF. I think we made UCF look much much better then they are by how we defended Taco.

GTHOM
11-18-2016, 02:23 AM
We matchup decently with Boise State. Our biggest defensive liability will be IJ Ready as their PG is 6'7". I think we beat Boise State by 5-10 tomorrow and get back on track. Their bigs also had foul trouble. No 7'6" guys on their team. I also think College of Charleston will beat UCF. I think we made UCF look much much better then they are by how we defended Taco.

I agree with that but UCF made us look terrible thats concerning

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 02:36 AM
I agree with that but UCF made us look terrible thats concerning

We played man to man against a 7'6" kid and didn't even front and back him which basically meant that we had Holman backing him (big advantage UCF and good way to get players in foul trouble). Taco had 7" and 80 lbs on Holman. Not a smart way to defend them. Howland said if he had to do it over he would have defended Taco differently. Boise State doesn't have a dominant big man like UCF so we could go with our man to man and be okay.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 04:49 AM
We played man to man against a 7'6" kid and didn't even front and back him which basically meant that we had Holman backing him (big advantage UCF and good way to get players in foul trouble). Taco had 7" and 80 lbs on Holman. Not a smart way to defend them. Howland said if he had to do it over he would have defended Taco differently. Boise State doesn't have a dominant big man like UCF so we could go with our man to man and be okay.

Since when can Howland not make an adjustment during a game? UCF was in the bonus about 4 minutes into the game. It was very obvious we were in trouble right away.

msbulldog
11-18-2016, 07:06 AM
Howland did start doubling taco some in the 2nd half, man that dude is a load 7'6" 290 lbs.

shannondawg
11-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Well to our credit , we did pretty much hold our own the second half, lot better than the first half.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Howland did start doubling taco some in the 2nd half, man that dude is a load 7'6" 290 lbs.

And he turned the ball over 2/3 of times when we doubled him. But by that time it was too late. Should have zoned and doubled him to start the game. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Hopefully this game wakes them up to stop fouling. If we get our fouls under control, we will be a really good team.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Since when can Howland not make an adjustment during a game? UCF was in the bonus about 4 minutes into the game. It was very obvious we were in trouble right away.

Howland is a great coach and is one of the best coaches we have ever had regardless of sport but he didn't adjust to the mismatch until it was too late. Shit, we would still of had a chance had he switched to a zone when we were down 18-7. He didn't start doubling Taco until the second half. By that time, it was way too late.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Well to our credit , we did pretty much hold our own the second half, lot better than the first half.

Hopefully that was us adjusting and not them just slowing things down according to Richard Williams. I listened to 2nd half

confucius say
11-18-2016, 10:08 AM
College game, with new rules, has become much more like the NBA. 50% of our offensive possessions, at least in the immediate future, need to be Q coming off a screen up top and let him make decision to pull up, go to rim, or dish. He is best decision maker and best scorer right now.

Irondawg
11-18-2016, 10:39 AM
My problem with Howland saying that he would have done it differently is that about 3 min into the game it was pretty obvious that was going to be huge problem for us and that strategy wouldn't work. Maybe you can't draw up the double teams with a young team in a 90 second timeout, but you could have tried fronting him or suck it up and go to a zone for 5 minutes.

I'm starting to get a little concerned with Howland. I know we're young but some of the strategy is a bit concerning and when I watch I can't really tell what it is we're trying to do on both ends. I'm especially concerned on offense. I know we want to run more but our half court sets mosty involved passing it around the logos (which are past NBA 3-pt depth). Taking two dribbles, passing it to a guy who is also way or out or pump fakes and take 2 dribbles and then passes it back out. If we're going to go small we should look like the Warriors/Thunder/old Suns sets. We're setting ourselves up to HAVE to shoot the 3-ball really well to beat anybody.

I'll give it a few more but my confidence in X & O ability is dwindling.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Peters gonna play tonight?

msstate7
11-18-2016, 12:53 PM
State -1

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Howland is a great coach and is one of the best coaches we have ever had regardless of sport but he didn't adjust to the mismatch until it was too late. Shit, we would still of had a chance had he switched to a zone when we were down 18-7. He didn't start doubling Taco until the second half. By that time, it was way too late.

I agree with this, yesterday was a bad game for Howland. He was molasses in changing the defense. I think him suspending Peters had an effect too. Anyone know what happened there?

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 01:09 PM
My problem with Howland saying that he would have done it differently is that about 3 min into the game it was pretty obvious that was going to be huge problem for us and that strategy wouldn't work.

It was more than obvious and with him suspending Peters I think yesterday was an example game from Howland. As in he was sending a message to his team. Atleast that's what I am hoping it was instead of him just being blind to needing to change the defense vs a Giant Tako.

maroonmania
11-18-2016, 01:23 PM
My problem with Howland saying that he would have done it differently is that about 3 min into the game it was pretty obvious that was going to be huge problem for us and that strategy wouldn't work. Maybe you can't draw up the double teams with a young team in a 90 second timeout, but you could have tried fronting him or suck it up and go to a zone for 5 minutes.

I'm starting to get a little concerned with Howland. I know we're young but some of the strategy is a bit concerning and when I watch I can't really tell what it is we're trying to do on both ends. I'm especially concerned on offense. I know we want to run more but our half court sets mosty involved passing it around the logos (which are past NBA 3-pt depth). Taking two dribbles, passing it to a guy who is also way or out or pump fakes and take 2 dribbles and then passes it back out. If we're going to go small we should look like the Warriors/Thunder/old Suns sets. We're setting ourselves up to HAVE to shoot the 3-ball really well to beat anybody.

I'll give it a few more but my confidence in X & O ability is dwindling.

I'm starting to get a little concerned with Howland as well. It shouldn't take a complete half or so for a coach that's been around the block as much as Howland to recognize that a certain defensive strategy on a particular player is not going to work. In fact, with the mismatch in size I'm not real sure why Howland went man on that guy from the outset. I know Howland much prefers man defense but you have to give your guys a chance to win even if it means playing a strategy you don't love.

KentuckyDawg13
11-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Yep. http://www.fanragsports.com/news/freshman-lamar-peters-will-return-suspension-friday-vs-boise-state/

We need IJ to quit shooting and pass more.

Peters gonna play tonight?

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Yep. http://www.fanragsports.com/news/freshman-lamar-peters-will-return-suspension-friday-vs-boise-state/

We need IJ to quit shooting and pass more.

15 total shots and 1/6 from three point line. We sure as shit do. If he can shoot more of the 15-17 foot shots we would be better off. He is good from that range.

Irondawg
11-18-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm starting to get a little concerned with Howland as well. It shouldn't take a complete half or so for a coach that's been around the block as much as Howland to recognize that a certain defensive strategy on a particular player is not going to work. In fact, with the mismatch in size I'm not real sure why Howland went man on that guy from the outset. I know Howland much prefers man defense but you have to give your guys a chance to win even if it means playing a strategy you don't love.

I don't have a problem with the man, but immediately move to trying to front him. I thought we should have tried to play more press defense and speed to game up as well

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 03:39 PM
I don't have a problem with the man, but immediately move to trying to front him. I thought we should have tried to play more press defense and speed to game up as well

The biggest problem is they spread us out playing man to man and created easy lanes to the basket along with having Taco there. That is why they had so many layups and dunks early. The only way for us to combat that is to play zone. 2/3 or 1-3-1 would have forced UCF to shoot from the perimeter and voila we beat them or at the very least would have made a game of it. Anytime we have Holman defending anyone's big that puts us at a disadvantage. He is going to have to teach them zone defense until we are bad asses at man to man. Until then, our defense will be like a sieve.

preachermatt83
11-18-2016, 03:59 PM

Cmon man. Concerned with Howland? I agree, play more zone and less man but dude, this team is the youngest team in America. It takes time.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Cmon man. Concerned with Howland? I agree, play more zone and less man but dude, this team is the youngest team in America. It takes time.

Missouri is super young too and they look much improved from last year, I can not say that about us right now. Missouri doesn't have a single player left over from the previous regime.

fishwater99
11-18-2016, 04:18 PM
15 total shots and 1/6 from three point line. We sure as shit do. If he can shoot more of the 15-17 foot shots we would be better off. He is good from that range.

IJ hasn't seen a shot he doesn't think he can make, and he keeps shooting..

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 04:42 PM
Missouri is super young too and they look much improved from last year, I can not say that about us right now. Missouri doesn't have a single player left over from the previous regime.

Xavier is overrated. Lehigh almost beat them. I also think we see quite a few upsets early on as teams get used to the new foul rules.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2016, 04:44 PM

Trying to front a 7'6" kid with a 8'2" wingspan is asking to give up more dunks than playing behind him.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Trying to front a 7'6" kid with a 8'2" wingspan is asking to give up more dunks than playing behind him.

Shoulda double teamed him, shoulda played zone, shoulda started Herard and Datcher and let Holman and Kegler come in when Tako went out. Sub everytime he subbed. Should not have to be saying these things cause Howland should already know them. Yesterday was an embarrassment for Howland.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 05:06 PM

You don't only front him. You front and back him in the post because really all he can do is receive the pass and dunk it. When we did that, he turned the ball over most of the time. He is not that developed but he can certainly dominate if you allow him to get position down low and only go after him one on one.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 05:13 PM

Missouri laid a shit sandwhich today and lost by 15 to Davidson btw.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Missouri laid a shit sandwhich today and lost by 15 to Davidson btw.

Saw that, Davidson is a good program though so it's not like we'd be closer than 15 either. Howland needs to blow out Boise today.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Saw that, Davidson is a good program though so it's not like we'd be closer than 15 either. Howland needs to blow out Boise today.

You don't know that....

RocketDawg
11-18-2016, 05:35 PM

He could pretty much dunk the ball standing flatfooted. Amazingly tall person.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 05:39 PM
You don't know that....

Since 2004 Davidson hasn't had atleast 20 wins only twice. Both those came the two seasons directly following Steph Curry leaving early. Yea I am pretty confident Davidson would have no problems with us.

drummerdawg
11-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Defense will come in time. I just want to see us run the floor, drive to the basket and score some points. We haven't cracked 80 yet, and that's even including against Delta State.

JoseBrown
11-18-2016, 06:03 PM

That's exactly right. The only, and I mean only, way you can front him is to have so much pressure on the ball we would have fouled out 4 guards in the first half alone. If we would've fronted Taco he'd score every trip down, because we couldn't stop the pass in to him or alter it with the new fouls being called.

JoseBrown
11-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Shoulda double teamed him, shoulda played zone, shoulda started Herard and Datcher and let Holman and Kegler come in when Tako went out. Sub everytime he subbed. Should not have to be saying these things cause Howland should already know them. Yesterday was an embarrassment for Howland.

Howland did say after the game that he should've been doubling Taco early in the game. Maybe next time he'll think about it earlier than he did.

smootness
11-18-2016, 06:11 PM

This is Anderson's 3rd year. And they played one good game. They were flat atrocious last year.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 06:17 PM
They were flat atrocious last year.

Exactly! Everyone can see the immediate improvement with them. I can't say I see that with us so far besides the recruiting rankings.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 06:39 PM
If we don't foul like crazy these first two games, we aren't even having these conversations because both games would be blow outs in our favor.

preachermatt83
11-18-2016, 06:47 PM
What's everyone's best prediction for tonight? I say us by 5

drummerdawg
11-18-2016, 06:52 PM
If we don't foul like crazy these first two games, we aren't even having these conversations because both games would be blow outs in our favor.

Unfortunately that's part of the game, but every team plays by the same rules. To me it's not just the fouls that I'm concerned about. We look bad on offense. We're not aggressive driving the ball or rebounding.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately that's part of the game, but every team plays by the same rules. To me it's not just the fouls that I'm concerned about. We look bad on offense. We're not aggressive driving the ball or rebounding.

The fouls called in the first game had a lot to do with how we played then. Having 7 fouls to none difference yesterday in the first half got us out of rhythm then as well. It will all come down to our fouling. If we can keep that in check, we will be fine.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 06:58 PM

I think we win by 5 or 10 points. We need to get off to a good start and not foul. If we do that, I say we win comfortably.

drummerdawg
11-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Starting 5 tonight is Ready, Carter, Spoon, Kegler, and Holman.

MCsMGs
11-18-2016, 07:12 PM
We get called for offensive foul, give the ball to BS only to have them clear Q out under basket and they call OOB on us.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Kegler is dumb. Really not intelligent at all. I can already tell he's going to drive me crazy for four years.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah, two offensive fouls called on Kegler. The second one should have been a no call. You can't start Holman at the Center because he doesn't want to post down low. You want to know why our offense is not working? That is it.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Kegler is dumb. Really not intelligent at all. I can already tell he's going to drive me crazy for four years.

You're an idiot.

MCsMGs
Another offensive foul on us(Kegler) that even the announcer calls BS on. I'm not the tin foil hat type, but this is ridiculous.

Cloak

About the same, I'll go with us by 8

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 07:17 PM
You're an idiot.

What's that make Kegler?

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Love that walk which they called a foul on us. I hate refs.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Q needs to take this game over.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Have Wright and Peters missed every shot they've taken this season?

msstate7
11-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Peters has a long way to go

msstate7
11-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Is strugg still hurt?

MCsMGs
11-18-2016, 07:31 PM
BS shooting free throws with 8:38 left in half.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:33 PM
BS shooting free throws with 8:38 left in half.

They have more fouls then we do.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Herard is doing better. Holman is shooting way too many threes.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Will there be more powerball tickets sold or miss state basketball fouls this month?

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Peters has a long way to go

They all do except Spoon. He is twice as good as everyone else on the team.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Is strugg still hurt?

Wondering this myself and if he's how has he not seen any minutes yet? Announcer just said Q has PG experience. Didn't I suggest that early today? Can't remember

msstate7
11-18-2016, 07:43 PM
We jack up 3s like the golden state warriors and hit them like my drunk uncle

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Holman is killing us this game. Jacking up threes and allowing easy buckets on the defensive end. He does not deserve to start at center.

preachermatt83
11-18-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm glad Q is good. If not these growing pains would be even harder

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Spoon is our entire team

msstate7
11-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Like carter doing that

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 07:52 PM
Holman is killing us this game. Jacking up threes and allowing easy buckets on the defensive end. He does not deserve to start at center.

Agree. Defensively, his man can move him wherever he wants.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 07:53 PM
We were fortunate Hutchinson spent most of the first half on the bench.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Decent half for us up 37-29 at halftime. Q took this game over and he will have to take all of our games over at least in the beginning to let these freshmen catch up.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:54 PM
We were fortunate Hutchinson spent most of the first half on the bench.

He would have had three fouls or four easy had BSU left him in. Q was abusing him.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 07:55 PM
You can see the talent in Peters, big upside with him. But man, he's got a long way to go. You can tell he's played very little PG in his career.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 07:59 PM
You can see the upside in all of these kids. We have actually done a good job of switching defenses in this game. I have seen zone, match up zone, and man to man. They have played much better today.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Spoon is our entire team

We are up by eight at halftime and all you can see is negative.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:06 PM
We are up by eight at halftime and all you can see is negative.

Not true, Datcher and Carter have impressed so far. Datcher needs to start over Holman.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:07 PM
I think Holman needs to be our sub at the stretch four off the bench. He isnt bad just not a center.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Not true, Datcher and Carter have impressed so far. Datcher needs to start over Holman.

I like datcher myself. I really like carter though. I think carter is gonna be a star

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:10 PM
college officials love blowing that damn whistle.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:11 PM
Spoon has GOAT potential

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Blow em out, pups.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:16 PM
49-33 now with the ball. Love how we have played tonight after last night!

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Blow em out, pups.

When Ready made the three pointer off the glass at the shot clock buzzer, you know luck is on our side.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:21 PM
I didn't even think carter would play this year, but he may be our 2nd best player this year.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:23 PM
ugh, why is holman dribbling up top?

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:23 PM
So 13 can reach in 4 times to cause a turnover no foul....

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:24 PM
The boi got skillz**

Not a fan myself

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:24 PM
I didn't even think carter would play this year, but he may be our 2nd best player this year.

I agree that Carter is our 2nd best player. At this point, I think Stapleton might be our 3rd best player. It's going to be hard for Wright to get on the floor when he returns.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Holman is Dang Hamilton 2.0

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Hey refs, blow the damn whistle on Boise!

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:26 PM

You didn't mention the jack ass on Boise who reached in four times and impeded Holman with no foul.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Norfolk st 15
Vandy 15

I'd feel a lot better about this season if that game stays tight and UCF wins vs Charleston

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Well... if that's serious, we gonna suck big time

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:30 PM
No foul I guess on Boise there. These refs are woefully inconsistent.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:31 PM
Well... if that's serious, we gonna suck big time

The ****ing Boise player did that but no foul....

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:32 PM
If you're going to call fouls call them. They stopped calling them and Boise has been able to reach in impede on defense and that is how they have been able to get back in this game.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Looks like we dodge a bullet as it's currently getting taped up. 3 games 2 injuries for Q.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Looks like we dodge a bullet as it's currently getting taped up. 3 games 2 injuries for Q.

Really dude?

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:37 PM
The key to having a strong defense under any coach, but especially Howland is having that Guard who can apply pressure on the ball. That last possession by Boise was a good example of why we aren't where we need to be defensively.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Really dude?

****ing relax Francis. I didn't post anything opinion related at all. Spoon who I just said has GOAT potential AND he's had two injuries in three games. Didn't say anything negative at all.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:38 PM
The key to having a strong defense under any coach, but especially Howland is having that Guard who can apply pressure on the ball. That last possession by Boise was a good example of why we aren't where we need to be defensively.

Hopefully Nick Spoon will be able to change that next year.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Austin is wearing Ready out.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Q is freaking great. If nick is as good as Q, we may need to add Jackson Velma's coach as an assistant. Pretty impressive to get a guy to the sec at such a high level.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Ready has been a pass first guy most of this game, but last 8 minutes he starts looking for his shot.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Q is freaking great. If nick is as good as Q, we may need to add Jackson Velma's coach as an assistant. Pretty impressive to get a guy to the sec at such a high level.

Howland compared him to Westbrook which is unreal. They lost last night somehow so that's a little bit of a head scratcher.

MCsMGs
11-18-2016, 08:43 PM
We are getting mauled by BS and no calls...

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Howland compared him to Westbrook which is unreal. They lost last night somehow so that's a little bit of a head scratcher.
What position is the youngest weatherspoon?

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:44 PM
We are getting mauled by BS and no calls...

Yep, it's bullshit.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:45 PM

Agreed Q is special

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:45 PM
What position is the youngest weatherspoon?

attacking PG all the way.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 08:46 PM
Do we play one more game in this tournament?

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:46 PM
attacking PG all the way.

I assume you're talking about nick, but I thought ifyouonlyknew said there was a 3rd weatherspoon

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:47 PM
Q, you can't help off of Duncan!! That's not smart b-ball.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Do you guys see what I'm talking about? Ready just can't let his guy blow by him like that.

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:50 PM
How can ready be so quick with the ball and seemingly so slow without the ball?

msstate7
11-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Do we get another game tomorrow?

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:54 PM
Great win after last night's debacle. 80-68.

msstate7
Not a good opponent, but good win

Dawg61

I'm guessing yes

MarketingBully

Get another game Sunday.

preachermatt83
11-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Much better performance

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 08:55 PM

Play UTEP at 2:30 on Sunday. They are a little better than Boise.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Not a good opponent, but good win

They have been a pesky team the last few years. Too early to tell on a lot of this stuff.

MCsMGs
11-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Game will be on Sunday

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Herard played his best game tonight. Had 7 boards and we outrebounded BSU 35-27. If we can keep improving every game like this we will be in great shape by SEC season.

preachermatt83
11-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Who do we play next?

preachermatt83
11-18-2016, 09:05 PM
Play UTEP at 2:30 on Sunday. They are a little better than Boise.

Just saw this. Ignore my last post.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Herard played his best game tonight. Had 7 boards and we outrebounded BSU 35-27. If we can keep improving every game like this we will be in great shape by SEC season.

Kegler also played his best game so far. Entire starting unit scored in double figures.

BayouDawg
11-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Very pleased with the effort tonight. The team looked a lot more deliberate with the offensive game plan and on defense i thought we moved our feet a lot better and boxed out a lot better. Also I love that Howland puts an emphasis on free throws. Last year we finished near the top of the SEC in free throw % and tonight we shot them really well. This team has great potential just gotta continue to grow.

chef dixon
11-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Holman is so much better than the way you guys talk about him.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2016, 09:18 PM

He played really well in the 2nd half after 3 bad halves.

Dawg61
11-18-2016, 09:21 PM

Only when he stays under the rim. When he starts camping the 3point line and doing crossover dribbles at the top of the key he's not nearly the same player. Under the basket he's nice.

MarketingBully
11-18-2016, 09:35 PM

If he plays the four I'm good with it. But last night and the first half on offense he was mainly playing on the perimeter which is not where you need him to be if he is at the five. His defense last night and in the first half was not good either simply because of his weight against bigger centers. He did better in the second half on defense and on offense he did better when he posted down low. He is getting better but if he plays the five he needs to post up down low. We don't need him jacking up threes at the five.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2016, 09:39 PM
I am just now reading this thread to see how the game went, and I see why people used to bash our football game threads for being overly negative haha. I love you guys, and appreciate the hell out of your passion for MSU sports. Never change.

Oh, and I wish someone paid me a nickel for every comment about bad officiating that marketingbully has made on EliteDawgs, haha. I'd be a damn Billionaire. Never change, marketing...do you. Excellent thread fellas. Made me anxious to get back to being more involved in overreacting game threads again in the very near future.

chef dixon
11-19-2016, 12:35 AM
If he plays the four I'm good with it. But last night and the first half on offense he was mainly playing on the perimeter which is not where you need him to be if he is at the five. His defense last night and in the first half was not good either simply because of his weight against bigger centers. He did better in the second half on defense and on offense he did better when he posted down low. He is getting better but if he plays the five he needs to post up down low. We don't need him jacking up threes at the five.

I understand its not what you want him doing when he's our big on the court, but our fans need to just get used to him taking some 3s. Its part of his game, and he's not terrible at it although he didn't hit tonight. What I saw though tonight is him going straight up to the basket dunking on people a couple of times which is something I haven't seen from an MSU player since Charles Rhodes. It was refreshing. He's much improved from last year and is only going to get better as the year goes on.

I don't know how you can watch our game tonight and not think anything but we are going to be really good and extremely deep for the foreseeable future. UCF is a solid team with a player that is probably a worst case scenario for a team so young. I like what I saw out of our team across the board tonight. I honestly can't remember a game in the last 4 years that we consistently scored buckets on the offensive end and cleaned up the glass on defense.

And I don't know what else needs to be said about Quinndary. The guy should be on the Wooden award watch list and is most likely (like dawg61 said) going to be the greatest player we've ever had at MSU.

MarketingBully
11-19-2016, 01:14 AM
I am just now reading this thread to see how the game went, and I see why people used to bash our football game threads for being overly negative haha. I love you guys, and appreciate the hell out of your passion for MSU sports. Never change.

Oh, and I wish someone paid me a nickel for every comment about bad officiating that marketingbully has made on EliteDawgs, haha. I'd be a damn Billionaire. Never change, marketing...do you. Excellent thread fellas. Made me anxious to get back to being more involved in overreacting game threads again in the very near future.

Haha, well if you saw the game you would see we were getting jobbed by the officials at that point in the game. :)

MarketingBully
11-19-2016, 01:18 AM
I understand its not what you want him doing when he's our big on the court, but our fans need to just get used to him taking some 3s. Its part of his game, and he's not terrible at it although he didn't hit tonight. What I saw though tonight is him going straight up to the basket dunking on people a couple of times which is something I haven't seen from an MSU player since Charles Rhodes. It was refreshing. He's much improved from last year and is only going to get better as the year goes on.

I don't know how you can watch our game tonight and not think anything but we are going to be really good and extremely deep for the foreseeable future. UCF is a solid team with a player that is probably a worst case scenario for a team so young. I like what I saw out of our team across the board tonight. I honestly can't remember a game in the last 4 years that we consistently scored buckets on the offensive end and cleaned up the glass on defense.

And I don't know what else needs to be said about Quinndary. The guy should be on the Wooden award watch list and is most likely (like dawg61 said) going to be the greatest player we've ever had at MSU.

Oh I agree Holman has improved quite a bit. My only gripe with Holman is when we play him out of position at the five he tends to still hang out around the perimeter even when our offense calls for four out one in. People were griping against UCF we had no flow on offense. Part of that no flow was Holman playing on the perimeter instead of posting up down low. In fact, I would have a three out two in offense and post up both Kegler and Holman more. Those guys will create mismatches down low and should be able to get easy buckets when we feed them.