PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas game

GTHOM
11-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Maybe its just me but I figured to see a lot more excitement about this game. Its a must win for a bowl as you all know but we finally get a home night game. Should be a hell of an atmosphere and I think we've got a hell of a shot to win. Arky struggles against the run big time. As long as we dont give this one away I think its one we could take. What say you

basedog
11-17-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm betting the Hogs crowd the line and gamble Fitz want be effective passing.

We got to have a pass rush defense Saturday.

Special teams are my biggest concern.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm betting the Hogs crowd the line and gamble Fitz want be effective passing.

We got to have a pass rush defense Saturday.

Special teams are my biggest concern.

They are last in the SEC in rushing defense. My guess is if crowding the LOS worked, they would've already done it.

HUGE GAME SATURDAY, WE NEED A HUGE CROWD AND TO BE LOUD

Commercecomet24
11-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Arky defense is not good against the run or pass and that vaunted ol has sprung some leaks this year. Hope we can take advantage.

GTHOM
11-17-2016, 09:22 PM
They are beatable. One of my biggest concerns is no pass rush and them taking shots off play action

Commercecomet24
11-17-2016, 09:27 PM
They are beatable. One of my biggest concerns is no pass rush and them taking shots off play action

Me too! I'm not worried about them beating us with the run but Allen can be deadly throwing the ball. Only saving grace is he's been beat up bad this year and it's starting to show now. We got to get after him. If the defense from the AM game shows up we win by 2 tds, if the one from last week shows up it could be 51-50 either way. The pigs on their boards are scared to death Fitz is gonna run hog wild on them! We will find out soon

Bothrops
11-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Oddly enough, our D-line dominated them last year. It was by far their best performance of the year. Question is, can we do it again, after they've underperformed all season.

LC Dawg
11-17-2016, 11:08 PM
We need to score early and to take advantage of any breaks we get. It's been a bad year so far and anything negative early could take the crowd out of the game. I'll be there and I'll be loud.

preachermatt83
11-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Oddly enough, our D-line dominated them last year. It was by far their best performance of the year. Question is, can we do it again, after they've underperformed all season.

Ummm, didn't they score like 50+ points?

GTHOM
11-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Ummm, didn't they score like 50+ points?

We ran the Mullen defense. Not covering the tight end, never blitzed just sit back and take it

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2016, 05:49 AM
For whatever reason, this game never generates much excitement among our fans. I guess it is late in the year, opening weekend of gun season...all of the above.

As for "they are last against the run"

We ain't auburn LSU or Alabama. Maybe we do have some success but I'm not convinced that alone will win the game. It will take Graves making a pressure kick and the defense actually having a pulse too. Also no stupid penalties and turnovers.

Jack Lambert
11-18-2016, 10:32 AM
For whatever reason, this game never generates much excitement among our fans. I guess it is late in the year, opening weekend of gun season...all of the above.

We ain't auburn LSU or Alabama. Maybe we do have some success but I'm not convinced that alone will win the game. It will take Graves making a pressure kick and the defense actually having a pulse too. Also no stupid penalties and turnovers.

Williams averaged 5 yard per carry against Bama. We put more yards on Bama then five or six other teams that played Bama. We were on their side of the 50 six plus times.

Our rushing offense is better then many of the other teams that ran the ball down arkansas throats this season.

After watching Williams our O line is still not good but they are better then we thought. Williams is getting yardage. Some of the bad O line play in the past could be put on the running backs.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Williams averaged 5 yard per carry against Bama. We put more yards on Bama then five or six other teams that played Bama. We were on their side of the 50 six plus times.

Our rushing offense is better then many of the other teams that ran the ball down arkansas throats this season.

After watching Williams our O line is still not good but they are better then we thought. Williams is getting yardage. Some of the bad O line play in the past could be put on the running backs.

Thanks man. I needed to read that.

Also, I believe Allen is a little banged up. Hopefully that will slow him down a little tomorrow. Also a more aggressive defensive game plan would help.

I can't wait to get there tomorrow.

Bothrops
11-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Yeah, we had no pass defense.

jumbo
11-18-2016, 03:47 PM
For whatever reason, this game never generates much excitement among our fans.

We are always coming off a beat down by Bama and then have OM next week.

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Definitely Holloway and Shump didn't help the Oline. Holloway and his 0.2 yard after contact banging up inside and Shump who is our best fullback getting too many carries deflated the Oline. I think just like anything else, confidence was lacking until Aeris stepped up and got more carries.

basedog
11-18-2016, 06:08 PM
They are last in the SEC in rushing defense. My guess is if crowding the LOS worked, they would've already done it.

HUGE GAME SATURDAY, WE NEED A HUGE CROWD AND TO BE LOUD

Let's put it this way, IF the Hogs play the pass first we will kick their ass!

klong-dog
11-18-2016, 06:40 PM

We will have to make some plays. That means our receivers catching the 17ing ball. Ross needs to step it up and play big his final home game.

dawg27
11-18-2016, 08:35 PM

We are going to have to throw the ball some to win we not going to win running the ball 70 times.

missouridawg
11-18-2016, 09:50 PM

Huh? We gave up 50+ points last year...

dawg27
11-19-2016, 12:03 AM

Ya i scratch my head on that one we gave up 50 points, no a good d fense

Bothrops
11-19-2016, 03:05 AM

We absolutely had zero pass defense in the second half. We held them to 73 yds rushing.