PDA

View Full Version : From McCready's Podcast This Morning......

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Stole this from the other board, but it's worth spreading

"The NCAA will meet with Barney Farrar on Tuesday..... I'm 99.9% sure it's only about the recruitment of a MSU player(LB from Brookhaven)"
He then begins complaining about the NCAA giving immunity to players from other schools, and says he wouldn't be surprised if "the gloves came off around the country" lol.

Neal rambles about the recruitment of LB from Brookhaven, reminds everyone how dirty, dirty CFB recruiting is. Wonders how this MSU LB has such a nice vehicle, and says..
"I am certain he took money from at least 3 schools... his dad is in jail so how did he get this nice vehicle??" <--He actually said this. Referenced his father being in jail.

"When this investigation is over.. it will make all fans who are invested in college football reconsider why they care so much because the sport is governed by the NCAA who lacks common sense and has a massive agenda." <--- this is pure gold.

"OM fans are telling me not to worry, it's going to get cleared up.... But I'm not certain this will get cleared up." <--You could hear his voice shaking as he said this. It was great.

Again, it's like they just believe they deserve preferential treatment. It's like they think they are much bigger & more powerful than they are. Like somehow them being put on probation will cause things to change nationally. They way over estimate themselves. All that will happen nationally when Ole Miss gets slammed is 98% of college football fans around the country will say, "Sounds about right. I knew there was no way they could get all those 17ing players."

It's clear that the Ole Miss' attitude from the get go was, "the NCAA is powerless." & now that the NCAA is calling that bluff, they simply can't handle it.

The only thing I DO agree with McCready on is college football recruiting does make me question why I care about a sport that was decided 60 years ago. Alabama has the number 1 recruiting class in the country this year & won't be slowing down anytime soon & that alone makes it high likely that the other 6 teams in the SEC West are playing for absolutely nothing for a long time. I'm firm believer that sports in general shouldn't work that way. That's about all me and McCready see eye to eye on.

KB21
11-17-2016, 03:45 PM
With Alabama, we can take solace in the fact that Nick Saban will not be there forever. I knew when he took that job that it was over for the rest of the west. They are a couple of fluke plays of winning the west every year he has been there but his first.

Not only are they the best at recruiting, but Saban and his staff are the best at developing that talent.

Really Clark?
11-17-2016, 03:50 PM
He forgets that one of Freeze's recruiting blunders was actually going to talk to Leo's dad while in jail and how Yancy was lauding how this puts him on another level of a recruiting genius...until they all realize it completely backfired and pissed the family off.

Again, this is just a smokescreen to deflect from their troubles to alleged that we are the culprits. Nobody is put on administrative leave for just having an upcoming interview by the NCAA over questions from one recruit. Barney and the NCAA have already talked and this is about them confronting him over multiple conflicting statements with several athletes, including Tunsil.

Jarius
11-17-2016, 04:02 PM
These morons will believe anything. They had 8 level 1 violations with coaches named in them and no one got fired, but now they are putting people on "admin leave" for "precaution". What a bunch of asshats.

TrapGame
11-17-2016, 04:08 PM
When this investigation is over?

We've come full circle. From there is no investigation to please God make it stop.

Oh, I love it.

Johnson85
11-17-2016, 04:19 PM
It's clear that the Ole Miss' attitude from the get go was, "the NCAA is powerless." & now that the NCAA is calling that bluff, they simply can't handle it.

Ole Miss's attitude was not that the NCAA is powerless. They saw that the NCAA had Auburn dead to rights and gave them a pass. And to be clear, Ole Miss knew that the NCAA heard Newton on a voicemail confirming the amount of money from Auburn. I'm not sure if Ole Miss were delusional enough to think they were on Auburn's level, or if they just thought the SEC would protect any SEC school from the NCAA, but I think that's when they made the decision to put their recruiting on steroids.

thf24
11-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Ole Miss's attitude was not that the NCAA is powerless. They saw that the NCAA had Auburn dead to rights and gave them a pass. And to be clear, Ole Miss knew that the NCAA heard Newton on a voicemail confirming the amount of money from Auburn. I'm not sure if Ole Miss were delusional enough to think they were on Auburn's level, or if they just thought the SEC would protect any SEC school from the NCAA, but I think that's when they made the decision to put their recruiting on steroids.

Another factor they failed to consider is that the NCAA was hobbled from recent botches during the Cam year, and got its teeth back around the time OM doubled down.

LC Dawg
11-17-2016, 04:48 PM
his dad is in jail so how did he get this nice vehicle??" <--He actually said this. Referenced his father being in jail.

That is some cheap shit right there. I know the cult is pissed off but they are getting too personal with our players and its pissing me off. No kid can control who his parents are and to bring this up is just being a dick. In addition to being a dick I'm sure McCready is also a ***** and would run like a little girl if he were ever face to face with Leo.
I hope he brings a lot of pain to the Rebels in the Egg Bowl.

Token Bammer
11-17-2016, 04:51 PM
McCready's a blowhard. I know he's spinning the truth to blame 8+ level 1 violations on State but I love watching him squirm.

tireddawg
11-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Neal is a panty sniffing, blowhard, pos, douchebag OM faithful

Token Bammer
11-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Neal is a panty sniffing, blowhard, pos, douchebag OM faithful

Yours was better.

ILOATHEBears
11-17-2016, 08:01 PM
That is some cheap shit right there. I know the cult is pissed off but they are getting too personal with our players and its pissing me off. No kid can control who his parents are and to bring this up is just being a dick. In addition to being a dick I'm sure McCready is also a ***** and would run like a little girl if he were ever face to face with Leo.
I hope he brings a lot of pain to the Rebels in the Egg Bowl.

To me what he said is at least insensitive towards a player and at the worst its racist saying Leo could not afford a nice vehicle. Remember when they called all MSU fans racist for questioning how tunsil afforded moving from a 40k home to a 200 k home in Oxford. These people will try any way they can to loop us into their impending sh!t storm that they caused. Thank the reverend and the Taco Bell

Spiderman
11-17-2016, 10:24 PM
He's not a fan.

Just ask him

DeputyDawg94
11-17-2016, 10:35 PM
He's not a fan.

Just ask him

Just imagine how pissed he would be if the NCAA were going after his real school.*** Like he said "I. AM. NOT. A. FAN!!!!!!! of OM"

DawgHouseUnited
11-17-2016, 10:53 PM
So OM put this guy on administrative leave for talking to the NCAA about how dirty another school allegedly is? Man they really do run a tight ship up there!***

yjnkdawg
11-17-2016, 11:42 PM

If OM thinks they are up there with the Bamas and Auburns in the eyes of the SEC Office, they are really delusional. Auburn was in the hunt for the BCS Championship, which they won . The SEC Office wasn't going to allow that run to get screwed up.

Todd4State
11-18-2016, 01:28 AM
Even though this investigation is more about Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Georgia, etc. turning Ole Miss in, they’re going to blame MSU. It’s what they do.

We win three Egg Bowls in a row and have a coach that run it in their face? They then blatantly cheat to beat us.

That causes them to be put on probation eventually which will hurt their program badly. So what are they going to do? Try to turn us in and attack us and our players like Leo Lewis.

What WE have to do at MSU from an administrative level is stand up to them when their accusations come. That’s why I wanted an experienced AD and at this point I just hope that Cohen will be able to stand up to them. But to be honest the way we have handled the Clarion-Ledger constantly shitting on us and the fact that Bracky Brett is still around and I assume our compliance department is still stuck in the 1990’s in concerning. Cohen needs to be gearing up for what’s about to come.

The good news is we don’t have a coach that is a lightning rod to the NCAA which made Ole Miss turning us in more successful and easy in the 2000’s as both of them wanted Jackie gone.

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2016, 07:34 AM
Even though this investigation is more about Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Georgia, etc. turning Ole Miss in, they’re going to blame MSU. It’s what they do.

New Geico commercial?

Dawgology
11-18-2016, 08:44 AM

We win three Egg Bowls in a row and have a coach that run it in their face? They then blatantly cheat to beat us.

That causes them to be put on probation eventually which will hurt their program badly. So what are they going to do? Try to turn us in and attack us and our players like Leo Lewis.

What WE have to do at MSU from an administrative level is stand up to them when their accusations come. That’s why I wanted an experienced AD and at this point I just hope that Cohen will be able to stand up to them. But to be honest the way we have handled the Clarion-Ledger constantly shitting on us and the fact that Bracky Brett is still around and I assume our compliance department is still stuck in the 1990’s in concerning. Cohen needs to be gearing up for what’s about to come.

The good news is we don’t have a coach that is a lightning rod to the NCAA which made Ole Miss turning us in more successful and easy in the 2000’s as both of them wanted Jackie gone.
They will try but they will fail. After they get hammered the NCAA will look at anything they report on another school as sour grapes and give it very little attention. MAYBE if Ole Miss had played ball since the investigation started but with the way they have handled this investigation and treated the NCAA has gone a long way to burn bridges for them. I think they are about to be left to wander in the wilderness for about a decade.

thf24
11-18-2016, 09:01 AM
The NCAA will meet with Barney Farrar on Tuesday.....

Maybe I'm slow but this thought just occurred to me... why does the NCAA want to meet with Barney? If it's to give him a chance to defend himself, it's only a formality, because the NCAA should have been able to get everything they wanted/needed on him from the players they interviewed. Is it possible they're bringing him in to see if he wants to sing in exchange for a little immunity of his own?

Spiderman
11-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Maybe I'm slow but this thought just occurred to me... why does the NCAA want to meet with Barney? If it's to give him a chance to defend himself, it's only a formality, because the NCAA should have been able to get everything they wanted/needed on him from the players they interviewed. Is it possible they're bringing him in to see if he wants to sing in exchange for a little immunity of his own?

Barney gonna take one for the team, he will do all in his power to exonerate St. Hugh and others, shoulder the blame along with a few "rouge" boosters (HAHAHAHa, like they have any other kind) and will be well taken care of by other "non-rouge" boosters (HaHaHaHa) for life.

It's their draw to an inside straight......... their last ace in the hole.

msujan
11-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Ole Miss's attitude was not that the NCAA is powerless. They saw that the NCAA had Auburn dead to rights and gave them a pass. And to be clear, Ole Miss knew that the NCAA heard Newton on a voicemail confirming the amount of money from Auburn. I'm not sure if Ole Miss were delusional enough to think they were on Auburn's level, or if they just thought the SEC would protect any SEC school from the NCAA, but I think that's when they made the decision to put their recruiting on steroids..

So they went out and hired a preacher to be the de facto face of the program while they nefariously went about cheating behind the weak facade. The curtain has been pulled back, and the wizard is exposed. Not a pretty picture, and I'm beginning to think that Freezer was being used, although I think he bought in knowing that something would be happening in the background.

BulldogBear
11-18-2016, 09:28 AM

So they went out and hired a preacher to be the de facto face of the program while they nefariously went about cheating behind the weak facade. The curtain has been pulled back, and the wizard is exposed. Not a pretty picture, and I'm beginning to think that Freezer was being used, although I think he bought in knowing that something would be happening in the background.

At worst Freeze is a lying sack of cat (used) litter who needs to get saved (for real this time.) At best he's a stooge hired to be the okie dokie public face who really did believe that he was some awesome recruiter. The truth is of course probably somewhere in the middle. But that tells me has was not simply a stooge. He knew.

maroonmania
11-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Stole this from the other board, but it's worth spreading

"The NCAA will meet with Barney Farrar on Tuesday..... I'm 99.9% sure it's only about the recruitment of a MSU player(LB from Brookhaven)"
He then begins complaining about the NCAA giving immunity to players from other schools, and says he wouldn't be surprised if "the gloves came off around the country" lol.

Neal rambles about the recruitment of LB from Brookhaven, reminds everyone how dirty, dirty CFB recruiting is. Wonders how this MSU LB has such a nice vehicle, and says..
"I am certain he took money from at least 3 schools... his dad is in jail so how did he get this nice vehicle??" <--He actually said this. Referenced his father being in jail.

"When this investigation is over.. it will make all fans who are invested in college football reconsider why they care so much because the sport is governed by the NCAA who lacks common sense and has a massive agenda." <--- this is pure gold.

"OM fans are telling me not to worry, it's going to get cleared up.... But I'm not certain this will get cleared up." <--You could hear his voice shaking as he said this. It was great.

Again, it's like they just believe they deserve preferential treatment. It's like they think they are much bigger & more powerful than they are. Like somehow them being put on probation will cause things to change nationally. They way over estimate themselves. All that will happen nationally when Ole Miss gets slammed is 98% of college football fans around the country will say, "Sounds about right. I knew there was no way they could get all those 17ing players."

The only thing I DO agree with McCready on is college football recruiting does make me question why I care about a sport that was decided 60 years ago. Alabama has the number 1 recruiting class in the country this year & won't be slowing down anytime soon & that alone makes it high likely that the other 6 teams in the SEC West are playing for absolutely nothing for a long time. I'm firm believer that sports in general shouldn't work that way. That's about all me and McCready see eye to eye on.

These guys are almost comical. Reminds me of when someone on the highway gets pulled over for speeding and while the officer is writing out the ticket the driver spends the whole time complaining about other drivers he saw on the road that were speeding almost as much as him and asking why they aren't getting a ticket? If you are going to do the crime you have to be willing to do the time. And yes, there is a LOT of preferential treatment and selective punishment with the NCAA but who is surprised by that?

As I've said previously, with the aggressive level of cheating UNM has been doing over the past several years, if they don't get punished then we should just go to a free for all system where you can offer whatever you want to a player. That would be much more fair than having some schools doing their best to follow rules and some schools going totally rogue on extra benefits.

thf24
11-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Barney gonna take one for the team, he will do all in his power to exonerate St. Hugh and others, shoulder the blame along with a few "rouge" boosters (HAHAHAHa, like they have any other kind) and will be well taken care of by other "non-rouge" boosters (HaHaHaHa) for life.

It's their draw to an inside straight......... their last ace in the hole.

Do you think it has a chance of working? Seems that, given the NCAA already has multiple coaches other than Barney pegged in the first NOA alone, this could backfire and just make things worse though contradictory statements.

Spiderman
11-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Do you think it has a chance of working? Seems that, given the NCAA already has multiple coaches other than Barney pegged in the first NOA alone, this could backfire and just make things worse though contradictory statements.

They know they are gonna lose some schollys, disassociate boosters ( which again doesn't mean shit or hurt either OM or the booster in any real way), and MAYBE a bowl ban.

As I have said all along, their main goal, once they were caught, was to save Freezus Christ.

Barney, and the other well compensated sacrificials, will take all blame and swear Hugh had no knowledge and that it was all their doing.

If Freeze goes down, the whole thing goes down.

They can't let that happen. Will it work? It has to, for them. As I said, it's their draw trying to hit an inside straight.

They are all in, with no other outs.

breazy
11-18-2016, 05:15 PM
How do you claim he knew nothing when he's specifically listed in the noa as having a booster with him while on a recruiting trip?

Spiderman
11-18-2016, 05:22 PM
How do you claim he knew nothing when he's specifically listed in the noa as having a booster with him while on a recruiting trip?

They already have the NOA on that, and for whatever reason, didn't charge a violation to Freeze personally.

msbulldog
11-18-2016, 05:45 PM
At worst Freeze is a lying sack of cat (used) litter who needs to get saved (for real this time.) At best he's a stooge hired to be the okie dokie public face who really did believe that he was some awesome recruiter. The truth is of course probably somewhere in the middle. But that tells me has was not simply a stooge. He knew.

He knew, he had recruits at his house with boosters. He hired all these coaches named in the allegations, he's been involved with all these coaches back to the Oregon days. How do you think Oregon was the top recruiter in the country at USC, which was at the time USC got in trouble over Reggie Bush. Freeze has orchestrated this mess.

Spiderman
11-18-2016, 08:02 PM
He knew, he had recruits at his house with boosters. He hired all these coaches named in the allegations, he's been involved with all these coaches back to the Oregon days. How do you think Oregon was the top recruiter in the country at USC, which was at the time USC got in trouble over Reggie Bush. Freeze has orchestrated this mess.

Yep, my opinion too.

All those saying Freeze is just a front and a guy they could control don't understand that Hugh is the head, and center of it all.

AGAIN, Freeze is no idiot. He's damn good at what he does.

blacklistedbully
11-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Spider, the problem with your theory is, Freeze is accountable under the new rules, whether they believe he knew or not.

Spiderman
11-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Spider, the problem with your theory is, Freeze is accountable under the new rules, whether they believe he knew or not.

Understand that, but they are gonna go with the hope that there was noway Freeze could have done anything about it because he was lied to by others. Only thing they can do. Like I said, they are hoping to hit an inside straight on the River.

Of course Rosey says on his show today, don't read much into all this... so there is that too.

But no matter what... what all need to realize is that OM's #1 priority is to save Freeze right now. Again, if he goes down, the whole thing does.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 12:06 AM

He wasn't being used. He was in on this crap from the ground floor.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2016, 12:08 AM
They already have the NOA on that, and for whatever reason, didn't charge a violation to Freeze personally.

Actually they did.

Todd4State
11-19-2016, 12:10 AM
Understand that, but they are gonna go with the hope that there was noway Freeze could have done anything about it because he was lied to by others. Only thing they can do. Like I said, they are hoping to hit an inside straight on the River.

Of course Rosey says on his show today, don't read much into all this... so there is that too.

But no matter what... what all need to realize is that OM's #1 priority is to save Freeze right now. Again, if he goes down, the whole thing does.

I have to believe that the NCAA knows that Freeze is orchestrating it by now. Didn't some player for Alabama that was interviewed talk about meeting Freeze and then Tuohy came in and laid out a plan for him?

As we've seen with Jackie if the NCAA wants your ass they'll get it.

Spiderman
11-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Actually they did.

His name was in the allegation, but the asst, Harris I think, was charged, not Freeze.