PDA

View Full Version : which one.?????

mic
09-02-2013, 07:25 PM
I haven't been thru ALL the post so this may have been discussed already if so then move on..
I was in Houston so Im sure the offense after the first 2 series was as bad on TV as it was in person. What ever reason we want to use play calling, execution, first game , ect... It was bad and something has to be done.
BUT we do know this offense with the personal and players we have can score and move the ball.

So here is my question.
1. Would you rather we lost the way we did. 21-3 (18 points) . Looking as good as we did on defense with one of the top over all offenses in the country. And sucked like we did on offense
2. Or lets say we lost 52- 34 (18 points).. And the defense looked terrible.. Couldn't stop them..

I will take #1.. but yes something has to be done about the offense

Im not saying we will 8 games. But I think if the offense can get back to what we KNOW we can do and the defense plays with the effort and passion it did Sat we are going to be ok..

Its just one game.. And a lot of big time teams had some issues Sat.
Bama struggled on offense. TCU moved the ball against LSU. UGA didn't come close to stopping Clemson. I didn't see Aub game but they had less than 100 yrds in the Air against Wash St. Uk lost to WKU. TA&M gives up 31 to Rice..

So lets pump the brakes a little. But if we lose to Aub and look bad again on offense then I will be the first to push the panic button...

CadaverDawg
09-02-2013, 07:31 PM
I agree completely. I actually came away happy because my main hope was for defensive improvement. I thought we would lose. And yes, Im pissed about the offense and particularly the play calling. But overall, I feel like we will get better on O, and the D was impressive....so it's nowhere near doom and gloom time or "fire Mullen" time. Our fan base overreacted big time over this one.

Hypnodawg
09-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I would feel good if we lost 17-21 or even 17-28. Losing 3-21 against one of the worst D's we will see all season has me pissed off. Something must change.

Farmdawg
09-02-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm just not sold that their defense was THAT terrible.....by all means our offense was horrible and blatantly obvious. Grundy did say I was his best defense in the 9 years he has been there. I bet their defense ends up better than expected by years end. And gosh I hope our offense ends up better than it started.

godlluB
09-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I know that defense wins championships. I know that you can't be successful in this conference without a great defense. But dammit, once, just once, I'd trade a great defense for an exciting offense. Even if our win/loss record didn't get better, I could use a couple of seasons of Fun 'n Gun, Air Raid, high octane offense instead three yards and a cloud of dust.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I know that defense wins championships. I know that you can't be successful in this conference without a great defense. But dammit, once, just once, I'd trade a great defense for an exciting offense. Even if our win/loss record didn't get better, I could use a couple of seasons of Fun 'n Gun, Air Raid, high octane offense instead three yards and a cloud of dust.

Then we need to fire Mullen and hire either Petrino or Hudspeth....because Danny Two Gloves will never have an exciting offense. Even in their Natty Championship years their offense was far from exciting. Percy Harvin was an exciting player, but nothing else was fun and exciting about that O.

I would rather get back to what we know can work....Great D and solid, physical, run first, offense. It worked for Sherrill, and it worked for Mullen early on.

Quaoarsking
09-02-2013, 09:24 PM
one of the worst D's we will see all season

I would argue that Alcorn State, Auburn, Troy, Bowling Green, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Ole Miss are equal or worse than Oklahoma State on defense.

At the very least, Auburn, Arkansas, and Kentucky had similar defensive stats to Oklahoma State last year, even though Oklahoma State played in a conference in which most teams put all their best players on offense.