PDA

View Full Version : Sam Hall calls state fans stupid

Apoplectic
11-16-2016, 10:55 PM
On Twitter for questioning why CL only repackages tsun cheating coverage from fan sites and ox eagle. Tell me again why there is not a daily reminder to boycott CL advertisers? That colored fish wrap can't die fast enough.

Todd4State
11-16-2016, 11:04 PM
We give these guys press passes and access why?

Apoplectic
11-16-2016, 11:12 PM
Time to trump this place up!! If u stab us in the back with the buffet spork we provide you then ur fired.

mparkerfd20
11-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Never heard of her.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2016, 11:21 PM
The day that rag shuts down I think I'm gonna mail them a congratulations card! I hate the CL

Jack Lambert
11-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Time to trump this place up!! If u stab us in the back with the buffet spork we provide you then ur fired.
My back is always against the wall facing out ward ready to take immediate action if necessary. I have the size and knowledge to do it.

One more thing. Who the hell is Sam Hall?

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Who the Sam hell is that?

ScoobaDawg
11-16-2016, 11:58 PM
It seems we have seen the extent of what the school will do concerning that joke of a paper. Keenum called them out, Cohen has taken some shots indirectly. But does not appear anything else will be done.

We as fans, have to continue to do our part. No linking to the CL. do not retweet anything they say. Do not follow them on twitter.
If you want to fight advertisers. Someone needs to make a weekly list FROM PRINT (not ONLINE) that continues to be updated. People local to the advertisers need to contact with any legitimate business and state you are taking your business to their rivals for now. Calling and saying you are boycotting when you aren't a customer will get a note taken that will never be read.

ScoobaDawg
11-17-2016, 12:34 AM
Alright for shits and giggles.. I checked out what was going on. Sam called some of the MSU twitter army out as idiots for tagging Kellenbuger asking if they were going to cover the story today . Sam replied they were idiots because Morales had posted his story 3 hours before (which is correct but still AFTER Oxford Eagle broke it and Coondawg sent out the first tweet to Kellenburger.)

The CL was scooped not only by a Fan site but also the local newspaper. It took 5 hours for the CL to post and over an hour after the Oxford Eagle posted their story.
If the tables were turned they would be retweeting everything another source broke if bad news. It's fact and horrible.

Here is the timeline. Neal of rebelgrove scoops the story this morning at 10:18am

https://s4.postimg.org/tkmuaypa5/rebelgrove_neal_time.jpg

Oxford Eagle reports it 4 hours later, crediting Rebelgrove. at 2:24pm

https://s21.postimg.org/w0bngrndz/eagle_timeline.jpg

Coondawgs original tweet and the replies beginning at 3:35pm

https://s14.postimg.org/q2vfa17w1/coondog_time.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/mj3ubunkh/thread_of_conndawg.jpg

CL posts story by Morales at 3:57pm

https://s14.postimg.org/qcrepzipd/moralles_tweet_time.jpg

and a timestamp of Sam Halls tweet. Sent at 7:50pm

https://s16.postimg.org/5owkkevhh/sam_hall_time.jpg

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2016, 07:05 AM
Isn't it about time for Courtney Cronin to weigh in from California to defend Killaburger??

I seen it dawg
11-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Who? **** that guy

msstate7
11-17-2016, 08:15 AM
I suppose Sam hall works for CL? If so, probably not very good idea to make very unprofessional comments like that on Twitter.

WinningIsRelentless
11-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Am I reading it wrong but isn't Sam the stupid one because the tweet was before the cl posted anything?

Dawgology
11-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Sam is one of the head guys at the CL, I think. It was once implied by an anonymous user on this board that when it comes to covering the Ole Miss cheating scandal everyone at the CL has to consider their jobs. Make of that what you will. That anonymous user replied only once to a thread about the lack of CL coverage of the NCAA investigation.

smootness
11-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Seems Sam Hall has no idea how Twitter works. Or time.

Yikes.

'R U dumb? That story was posted more than 3 hours ago!!1!!'...he says, in response to a tweet sent out more than 4 hours ago.

WinningIsRelentless
11-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Someone with Twitter needs to call his dumb ass out

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-17-2016, 09:02 AM
I read Elitedawgs. I read 6 pack. I read Gene's page. Not ashamed to say it. But I proudly say I have not clicked on that piece of shit paper in close to 2 years now. They give me nothing that I can't find on the other 3 sites I read.

yjnkdawg
11-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Isn't it about time for Courtney Cronin to weigh in from California to defend Killaburger??

She's probably still crying and pouting about the election. Poor little thing.************

tireddawg
11-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Wow Sammy boy that was professional**

yjnkdawg
11-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Like I have said before I'm glad I dropped that piece of crap subscription a few years ago. I told the Sales Manager that I was cancelling due to the OM bias/ MSU negative reporting by the Sports Department. The reason I was talking to their Sales Manager was because the girl in the subscription department had never cancelled my subscription, when I had requested that it be cancelled. After I saw I was still being billed for it, I talked with the SM.

Activated Alpha
11-17-2016, 11:21 AM
So sure I'll get some flack for this, but I went on a few dates with Courtney Cronin a few years ago.....

confucius say
11-17-2016, 11:31 AM
And yet we have fans take up for articles in the CL that stated our AD search had "concluded" prior to multiple interviews for the AD job having been conducted...

yjnkdawg
11-17-2016, 12:13 PM
One thing about the CL. THey are persistent in giving us coverage. Negative that is. If this had been turned around, and it had been us, it would have probably been a full page story. They would have probably gotten that Nashville bunch to research and come up with some type of fictious violation that occurred when football first became a part of the Mississippi State athletic program.

MaroonFlounder
11-17-2016, 12:56 PM
So sure I'll get some flack for this, but I went on a few dates with Courtney Cronin a few years ago.....

She ain't bad lookin', but her brain is probably the size of a walnut.

MadDawg
11-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Someone needs to make a weekly list FROM PRINT (not ONLINE) that continues to be updated. People local to the advertisers need to contact with any legitimate business and state you are taking your business to their rivals for now. Calling and saying you are boycotting when you aren't a customer will get a note taken that will never be read.

I really like this idea. I would LOVE to know what companies advertise with that POS paper so I can stop supporting them. I don't know who they are because I dropped the CL years ago. I would be willing to help in this project because I do have access to the paper daily.

bulldawg28
11-17-2016, 01:12 PM

Did you hit it?

I seen it dawg
11-17-2016, 01:38 PM

Pics or it didn't happen

starkvegasdawg
11-17-2016, 02:06 PM
Did you hit it?

http://i.imgur.com/NeeW8CI.gif

Activated Alpha
11-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Hah made out but nothing sexual. She kept spinning that feminist shit to me

Boodawg
11-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Send that classless remark to the head guy, Nathan Edwards. He is fairly new and was hired to try to turn CL around. He's from Georgia. Supposedly he's good at turning papers around. I've met him a few times and he seems pretty nice and level headed. Maybe he'll listen and take some action. Wasn't there a few guys that got canned recently?

RocketDawg
11-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Isn't she a little ... heavy?

Activated Alpha
11-17-2016, 04:49 PM
I believe the gentle way is curvy. But yes, she was curvy

Jack Lambert
11-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Hah made out but nothing sexual. She kept spinning that feminist shit to me

Did she have a dick?

Apoplectic
11-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Send that classless remark to the head guy, Nathan Edwards. He is fairly new and was hired to try to turn CL around. He's from Georgia. Supposedly he's good at turning papers around. I've met him a few times and he seems pretty nice and level headed. Maybe he'll listen and take some action. Wasn't there a few guys that got canned recently?

Sam and the CL will go full NYT and admit they were told to bury the story and from this point on go full honest and truthful reporting.

Activated Alpha
11-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Hah if she did I wouldn't have gone on dates with her unless she's an exceptional tucker

msujan
11-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Can't wait to see the special section in Sunday's paper with a 3/4 page picture of the New One. It's even called by a MSU name: Blitz.