PDA

View Full Version : It's Pretty Amazing to Me

Todd4State
11-16-2016, 08:34 PM
That on sixpackspeak one of the longest threads is about me. (Thanks Barney Farrar). It?s also amazing to me that some guy named Requiem for a Dawg decided to come here to Elite Dawgs and instead of engaging in a conversation like a normal person about Elih Marrero and how teams pitched him last season he screen grabs one of my posts, then posts it on Sixpack to tell people that he thinks I don?t know what I am talking about when it comes to baseball. Don't worry Coach they mentioned you a lot in the thread which is pretty random and devious at the same time I know.

I suppose I could name call and stoop to his level and would probably be justified in doing so. Even though I have never said anything bad about Sixpack or Dawgstudent who I consider a friend and have been friendly with HD6 over the years as well much less this Requiem guy. Or I could go over there and respond to his accusations. But I figure since he likes to read this board he can just read it here and screenshot it over on Sixpack if he wishes. Hopefully if he continues to engage this topic of conversation we can do so in an adult manner on this board and not stoop to the level of teenage girls that didn?t make the cheerleading squad.

To recap, he said I didn?t know what I was talking about because I said that Marrero would look opposite field and teams were pitching him away and thus often times popping out to left field. He says that if I am correct in my assertion that Marrero was going opposite field all the time it would be more effective to pitch him inside.

Here is my retort: It depends on the hitter and also the pitcher in terms of the scouting report and also whether the pitcher is trying to pitch to contact- which a lot of college pitchers are because there aren?t a ton of true power arms. So- Mr. Requiem I don?t think you are totally wrong but you also can?t pigeon hole hitters like that. Why? Because sometimes a hitter that is so conscious of hitting a pitch on the outer part of the plate will a lot of times just take an inside pitch. Wouldn?t that called a strike? Sure. Sometimes. Sometimes not. A lot of pitchers would rather just get a guy out on one pitch and then move on from there especially with how inconsistent college umpires are.

Would pitching a hitter that is very opposite field conscious inside work? Absolutely it would work in some cases. Again- it depends on scouting report and the hitter. So, again- Mr. Requiem you are not totally wrong. What I was talking about was how teams attacked Marrero last year and the results of that. If you think SEC coaches don't know baseball, and that you know more about baseball than them you are free to do so. What I was NOT saying was that was how you should always pitch a hitter that is outside conscious. But I?m pretty sure that?s how you took it and/or how you want others to take it.

We?re all Bulldogs no matter where we post. Hail State!

Your friend,

Todd4State

shoeless joe
11-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Not sure about the sixpack issue, but to address your thought on marrero...if a guy is looking to go oppo and the pitchers pitches him away them typically that would be in his wheel house, unless the hitter just wasn't very good.

I don't necessarily think he was tryin to always go oppo. I think sometimes he was gettin beat on a good FB out away and when tardy on the heat a batter typically pops up the other way. If a player is consistently hittin weak groundouts the other way then that tells me that their hands may be tryin to go with the pitch but their lower half is off balance or bailing out. And as well as I can remember his at bats last yr I feel that these explanations are pretty accurate as to what was going on.

Todd4State
11-16-2016, 09:10 PM
Not sure about the sixpack issue, but to address your thought on marrero...if a guy is looking to go oppo and the pitchers pitches him away them typically that would be in his wheel house, unless the hitter just wasn't very good.

I don't necessarily think he was tryin to always go oppo. I think sometimes he was gettin beat on a good FB out away and when tardy on the heat a batter typically pops up the other way. If a player is consistently hittin weak groundouts the other way then that tells me that their hands may be tryin to go with the pitch but their lower half is off balance or bailing out. And as well as I can remember his at bats last yr I feel that these explanations are pretty accurate as to what was going on.

I agree that he was definitely late a lot and that was causing him to fly out to the opposite field. It seemed to me like anything away from Marrero he was way late on and that's why he would pop out or ground out like you said. And if pitchers know that you are always late to a certain pitch in a certain they will throw you that same pitch in that same area over and over again.

At any rate, I respect the discussion and you being willing to discuss it like a man.

lamont
11-16-2016, 09:14 PM
I just checked out that thread of SPS

Anybody that pays attention knows I hate recruiting and hardly follow anymore. Ive asked people over and over to link info on recruits when they post because I have no idea wtf they are. DD34 posts alot about recruiting and loves it. Also, DD34 loves to write in paragraphs. I prefer to post in a couple of sentences and then be done. Its rare I get long-winded. Our posting styles are vastly different. And lastly, I had no idea there was an Inn at OM. DD34's posting about all that info was bigtime info I had never even heard of.

But oh well- if people want to lump us together- more power to them. They obviously keep reading- and thats the most important part. Thanks for your support of Elitedawgs guys.

shoeless joe
11-16-2016, 09:21 PM
I agree that he was definitely late a lot and that was causing him to fly out to the opposite field. It seemed to me like anything away from Marrero he was way late on and that's why he would pop out or ground out like you said. And if pitchers know that you are always late to a certain pitch in a certain they will throw you that same pitch in that same area over and over again.

At any rate, I respect the discussion and you being willing to discuss it like a man.

No doubt. They find a weakness and exploit it to get outs. Not sure if he was letting the ball get to deep or was just getting beat but he did not adjust as the season progressed. One thing is to get stronger and/or use his lower half more effectively. I still think he will be solid for us seein as how he was a true freshman in the SEC.

DeviousDawg
11-16-2016, 09:26 PM
I just checked out that thread of SPS

Anybody that pays attention knows I hate recruiting and hardly follow anymore. Ive asked people over and over to link info on recruits when they post because I have no idea wtf they are. DD34 posts alot about recruiting and loves it. Also, DD34 loves to write in paragraphs. I prefer to post in a couple of sentences and then be done. Its rare I get long-winded. Our posting styles are vastly different. And lastly, I had no idea there was an Inn at OM. DD34's posting about all that info was bigtime info I had never even heard of.

But oh well- if people want to lump us together- more power to them. They obviously keep reading- and thats the most important part. Thanks for your support of Elitedawgs guys.

Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man! Oh my God! Einhorn is a man??

The only reason people think we are one in the same is because I posted the Inn at Ole Miss bombshell either the day of or the day after C34's death. It's been funny to see the OM flock, SPS and even some here on ED post how they know for a fact C34=DD34. I have never even met C34/Random Poster/insert here. The only thing we have in common is the Dawgs.

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Don't sweat it. I saw the thread. My impression of the thread was more....... I can't believe the guy stalks you that much. I read this board a lot and didn't recall the ED thread in the screenshot. So he must read this board even more than I do. Which would be a hell of a lot.

DownwardDawg
11-16-2016, 09:54 PM
That on sixpackspeak one of the longest threads is about me. (Thanks Barney Farrar). It?s also amazing to me that some guy named Requiem for a Dawg decided to come here to Elite Dawgs and instead of engaging in a conversation like a normal person about Elih Marrero and how teams pitched him last season he screen grabs one of my posts, then posts it on Sixpack to tell people that he thinks I don?t know what I am talking about when it comes to baseball. Don't worry Coach they mentioned you a lot in the thread which is pretty random and devious at the same time I know.

I suppose I could name call and stoop to his level and would probably be justified in doing so. Even though I have never said anything bad about Sixpack or Dawgstudent who I consider a friend and have been friendly with HD6 over the years as well much less this Requiem guy. Or I could go over there and respond to his accusations. But I figure since he likes to read this board he can just read it here and screenshot it over on Sixpack if he wishes. Hopefully if he continues to engage this topic of conversation we can do so in an adult manner on this board and not stoop to the level of teenage girls that didn?t make the cheerleading squad.

To recap, he said I didn?t know what I was talking about because I said that Marrero would look opposite field and teams were pitching him away and thus often times popping out to left field. He says that if I am correct in my assertion that Marrero was going opposite field all the time it would be more effective to pitch him inside.

Here is my retort: It depends on the hitter and also the pitcher in terms of the scouting report and also whether the pitcher is trying to pitch to contact- which a lot of college pitchers are because there aren?t a ton of true power arms. So- Mr. Requiem I don?t think you are totally wrong but you also can?t pigeon hole hitters like that. Why? Because sometimes a hitter that is so conscious of hitting a pitch on the outer part of the plate will a lot of times just take an inside pitch. Wouldn?t that called a strike? Sure. Sometimes. Sometimes not. A lot of pitchers would rather just get a guy out on one pitch and then move on from there especially with how inconsistent college umpires are.

Would pitching a hitter that is very opposite field conscious inside work? Absolutely it would work in some cases. Again- it depends on scouting report and the hitter. So, again- Mr. Requiem you are not totally wrong. What I was talking about was how teams attacked Marrero last year and the results of that. If you think SEC coaches don't know baseball, and that you know more about baseball than them you are free to do so. What I was NOT saying was that was how you should always pitch a hitter that is outside conscious. But I?m pretty sure that?s how you took it and/or how you want others to take it.

We?re all Bulldogs no matter where we post. Hail State!

Your friend,

Todd4State

I see what you did there.