PDA

View Full Version : How much fun is next week going to be?

Coach34
09-02-2013, 06:49 PM
1. Dak finally gets a start and we will hammer Alcorn
2. QB controversy talk erupts errywhere
3. Mullen stays tight-lipped about who will play
4. Ellis Johnson is pissed cause he has to prepare for 2 different QB's
5. Mullen remains hardheaded-starts Russell- and we look like shit vs Auburn

All Hell breaks loose

Political Hack
09-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Mullen stays hard headed and starts the best QB and all hell breaks loose.

civildawg
09-02-2013, 07:18 PM
That is exactly what will happen. We lose to auburn we are looking at 4 wins

Coach34
09-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Mullen stays hard headed and starts the best QB and all hell breaks loose.

After Saturday, it's debatable if he is the best QB- but based on his body of work- I'll give it to you. Problem is- he is not the best fit.

With our WR's- the best possible thing for us to do is ground and pound-keep the clock moving, and then hit some plays in the passing game. We need to get back to 09-2010 numbers when we ran the ball 60-65% of the time. Especially with the improvement we have on D

I seen it dawg
09-02-2013, 07:34 PM
If TR has a conclusion and thats probably the case, then he might not be right the whole year. It will definitely test his stones if he is cleared to play and gets thrown into the fire. Does he continue to audible and check down for fear of getting hit in the head or does he let it rip?

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-02-2013, 07:34 PM
I am a little surprised at how hot *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* seat appears to be already. I am happy that our fan base is not putting up with as much shit as they used to. He really needs to ditch any allegiances to Russell. If we had run a ground and pound against OK State and kept that defense fresh we could have very well held them to 14 and won that game.

Political Hack
09-02-2013, 07:38 PM
if he's got cobwebs he doesn't need to play.

I agree Dak fits the offense... the old offense... we don't run the read option much anymore. They changed it all and even he's running the same plays as Russell now. So, we changed the offense to fit Russell and are now playing a running QB in Tyler's offense. We'll see if it gets changed this week.

msstate7
09-02-2013, 07:45 PM

I agree Dak fits the offense... the old offense... we don't run the read option much anymore. They changed it all and even he's running the same plays as Russell now. So, we changed the offense to fit Russell and are now playing a running QB in Tyler's offense. We'll see if it gets changed this week.

I hope we add several wrinkles if we don't change it. We need to run zone read and option football if for no other reason than to make auburn prepare for it

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2013, 07:47 PM

I think we run the same offense, but it just depends on what plays are called.

Dak will run the same offense as Russell. Russell ran the read a few times Saturday, but when Dak is at QB it will just be called much more often. Same offense doesn't equal same play calling.

drunkernhelldawg
09-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I'd like to see that running percentage too. In every game at least while we're leading or within two scores.

Coach 57
09-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Hack I hope your ready for the old Relf-fense to be back because it's exactly what we are going to use. You'll see.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-03-2013, 07:33 AM
I would be thrilled with seeing that offense.

Dawgface
09-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Hack I hope your ready for the old Relf-fense to be back because it's exactly what we are going to use. You'll see.

Hope you are right.

SignalToNoise
09-03-2013, 07:48 AM
I would be thrilled with seeing that offense.

Quoted for truth.

DownwardDawg
09-03-2013, 09:04 AM

Please let this be true.

Jacksondevildog
09-03-2013, 09:04 AM
We have a QB controversy brewing and it could divide the team and fanbase. It's unfortunate and I've been expecting this to happen for a while.

MSUDawg4Life
09-03-2013, 09:28 AM

I doubt this is going to happen. Tyler is already hurt. The only QB we have to back up Dak is a true freshman. I seriously doubt the coaches are going to send Dak out there to run over people with so little depth at QB.

Dak is not that type of QB anyway. Dak is a pass-first QB with the ability to run. He is not a battering ram who can throw. Chris Relf played that way out of necessity because his running skills were more advanced than his passing skills.

The only QB we have coming up who may be in a Chris Relf mold is Nick Fitzgerald. All the rest are pass first QBs.

Coach34
09-03-2013, 09:31 AM
I doubt this is going to happen. Tyler is already hurt. The only QB we have to back up Dak is a true freshman. I seriously doubt the coaches are going to send Dak out there to run over people with so little depth at QB.

Dak is not that type of QB anyway. Dak is a pass-first QB with the ability to run. He is not a battering ram who can throw. Chris Relf played that way out of necessity because his running skills were more advanced than his passing skills.

The only QB we have coming up who may be in a Chris Relf mold is Nick Fitzgerald. All the rest are pass first QBs.

I'm gonna disagree. We have to do what is necessary to win. I dont expect Dak to have 15 carries vs Alcorn- but if he is still the QB vs Auburn- I expect Dak to have 15 carries. Dak can certainly throw the ball better than Relf, but he still has to use those legs to be the most effective he can be. If we have to play a true Freshman, then he has to play some.

Jacksondevildog
09-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Yet the only issue with Dak is when he comes in, he strictly runs the ball. Everybody on the continent knows hes keeping the ball. There's no creativity.

MSUDawg4Life
09-03-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm gonna disagree. We have to do what is necessary to win. I dont expect Dak to have 15 carries vs Alcorn- but if he is still the QB vs Auburn- I expect Dak to have 15 carries. Dak can certainly throw the ball better than Relf, but he still has to use those legs to be the most effective he can be. If we have to play a true Freshman, then he has to play some.

You would disagree with me if I said water is wet or fire is hot.

As far as Dak is concerned, I think the threat of running may be just as effective as him actually running. It'll open up the offense just the same.

Not only that, you have to think about who our OC is. If anybody is going to err on the side of caution, it's going to be Koenning.

I don't know how many times Dak is going to run, but I do think the coaches are going to be cautious.

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2013, 10:03 AM
We have a QB controversy brewing and it could divide the team and fan base. It's unfortunate and I've been expecting this to happen for a while.

I've been on #TeamDak from the beginning, and I really think if we beat AU, there will be no controversy.

RougeDawg
09-03-2013, 11:22 AM

He's had ****ing cobwebs since he played in Tuscaloosa last year. Hasn't been the same QB since. No way to argue that. He's gunshy and playing scared, of hits and of making mistakes. I've seen it happen to many a QB's and its happening to TR. I was off his bandwagon after I saw Dak bulldozing people early last year.

Tbonewannabe
09-03-2013, 11:35 AM
TR seems to only want to throw it to open receivers standing still. Dak seems to be willing to at least throw it downfield.

Barking 13
09-03-2013, 12:16 PM
can we put JRob, Perk, and Turtle in the backfield with him? Please?

SheltonChoked
09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
With our young wideouts, I think Dak is a better QB choice.

The run threat means more 1 on 1 coverage. Therefore, more chances to hit a big play.

I like the new receivers Wilson is a huge target and catches everything. Ross had the one big drop, but looked solid otherwise. ROJO and Morrow were dissapointing/horrible. Morrow will be benched as soon as Wilson learns what to do.

Coach34
09-03-2013, 12:48 PM
With our young wideouts, I think Dak is a better QB choice.

The run threat means more 1 on 1 coverage. Therefore, more chances to hit a big play.

I like the new receivers Wilson is a huge target and catches everything. Ross had the one big drop, but looked solid otherwise. ROJO and Morrow were dissapointing/horrible. Morrow will be benched as soon as Wilson learns what to do.

To build off your post- playing Dak will cause teams to play more man coverage because of numbers in the box- and this not only creates 1 on 1's- but it also simplifies the offense for the WR's. They dont have to worrying about adjusting to alot of different coverages- and will know what to do now. They will feel more comfortable out there on the field- giving them more confidence.

Political Hack
09-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it's a great idea to pull our single season passing leader for iur running QB who has a career long rush of 15 yards.

The best QB is always the 2nd string guy. I can never understand why fans do that (its not just here).

Coach34
09-03-2013, 12:55 PM
I think it's a great idea to pull our single season passing leader for iur running QB who has a career long rush of 15 yards.

The best QB is always the 2nd string guy. I can never understand why fans do that (its not just here).

Drew Bledsoe approves of this post

SheltonChoked
09-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Agreed.

And again. I LOVE the matchup of the 6'6" 22 lbs. Wilson vs anyone 1 on 1.

Coach 57
09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
It boils down to what is best for the team Hack. We have had this argument all off season. C34, Cadaver & I have all said before the season. We lost all of our WRs to graduation. So we have a cert young WR core...check. Let me give you this too. We have spread OLmen who are being asked (because we have an immobile 5yr QB) to be pro-set lineman. It's NOT WHAT COMPLIMENTS THEIR SKILL SET. We have a bevy of RBs who are hungry to tote the ball. We have a 5th yr QB who has a great arm but is basically the same QB from the Memphis game in 2010. He is failing to read BASIC coverages. He has "the keys to the car" (Mullen said). We put up more numbers offensively with Tyson Lee & Relf with a HARDER SCHEDULE than we did last yr. It is time to compliment the TEAM!!!! Physical running, TRUE ball control that does NOT put the defense in bad positions. We ARE BUILT FOR THIS STYLE OF FOOTBALL! Great punter, physical RBs, physical defense and a game manager at QB who can run. This is what Ok St did!

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Just because it's a common thing to bitch about, doesn't mean it isn't true sometimes.

RougeDawg
09-03-2013, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Coach 57;45813]It boils down to what is best for the team Hack. We have had this argument all off season. C34, Cadaver & I have all said before the season. /QUOTE]

Don't sell me short on this topic.

MadDawg
09-03-2013, 01:23 PM
define: fun

maroonmania
09-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Yet the only issue with Dak is when he comes in, he strictly runs the ball. Everybody on the continent knows hes keeping the ball. There's no creativity.

This is something Dak is going to have to grow out of somewhat. Dak loves the jab step and then back up to pass but what he seems to refuse to do is EVER pitch the ball on the option. I've watched him play all last year and last weekend and I've yet to ever see him pitch to the back on the option play. If he would do that it would probably go for a TD because the defense would be in shock.

aerodawg
09-03-2013, 01:42 PM
With our WR's- the best possible thing for us to do is ground and pound-keep the clock moving.

Am I the only one that saw our offensive line completely suck at run blocking? Perkins should be sat if we plan on doing this because he is like Dixon during his sophomore and junior year when all he did was tip toe to the line looking for the home run instead of taking what the defense gives him. Plus he falls over when someone breathes on him.

Ground and pound is good and all but not when your running back will be getting stuffed 80% of the time. I never really saw much from either QB last week because we played terribly pretty much from the time Russell took the first shot to the head that should have been a penalty. The offense didn't really look better to me with Dak in despite what he brings to the table.

I agree that Dak theoretically fits the system better, but I don't think our problem is that Russell doesn't fit the system. It is the strategy (playcalling) and execution of the system that is crappy as a whole. For Dak to be successful things will still have to change on that front.

Pollodawg
09-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Dak and the old Relf offense are the only hope we have to even have a decent offense this season.

Coach34
09-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Am I the only one that saw our offensive line completely suck at run blocking?

Ground and pound is good and all but not when your running back will be getting stuffed 80% of the time.

I agree that Dak theoretically fits the system better, but I don't think our problem is that Russell doesn't fit the system. It is the strategy (playcalling) and execution of the system that is crappy as a whole. For Dak to be successful things will still have to change on that front.

Plays that will be run with Dak at QB will help the OL as well. We can start getting some double teams at the point of attack to get some push that we arent/cant do when Russell is in there. Remember- having a mobile QB gives you an extra blocker- you dont have a QB handing off and then just standing back there watching

Coach 57
09-03-2013, 02:05 PM
@ aero: the use of Dak allows for more pulling and these guys "zone" blocking. What you saw Saturday was what it looks like when you TRY & use spread OLmen to run pro-set plays. It didn't work for Auburn last year & it isn't going to work now for us.

quickstrike2
09-03-2013, 02:31 PM
If a pocket passer isnt putting any points on the board, I dont see why we wouldnt scrap that and move on to a qb that can run. Even if the the scrambling qb isnt as good of a passer, the pocket passer is not scoring points. I do not get the argument of Dak cant throw so it won't be any better. My argument is Tyler cant score, so lets go dual threat and see what happens. We have seemed to consistently go three and out in the past 7 games when it mattered.

Op4isabitch
09-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Do you think we can implement that so quickly? Who do we use as a FB? I'd love to see that O again.
Shuttle passes, QB draws, bubble screens....oh yeah bring it on!

aerodawg
09-03-2013, 06:06 PM
@ aero: the use of Dak allows for more pulling and these guys "zone" blocking. What you saw Saturday was what it looks like when you TRY & use spread OLmen to run pro-set plays. It didn't work for Auburn last year & it isn't going to work now for us.

This is part of what I mean. We could win a lot of games with either QB if we strategically did what fits them and our team best. It was stupid to line a guy up under center that has played Shotgun for his entire career from High School thru college, and 1 play in particular was a shining example when he tripped up.

There is no rule saying that you have to play prostyle with a guy that can't run particularly well. This is where we fail as a coaching staff. It is hurting our team by having these long developing pass plays instead of mixing in general quick aerial attack style pass plays. I feel that either of our quarterbacks can do this very well. Do people think that the Ok State, Mizz, Louisville, Texas Tech, and Arkansas always have one of the best quarterbacks in NCAA? The reality is that the systems they use makes them look amazingly better than they are in reality because they play to their strengths whether they have a dual threat guy or not.

Arkansas under Petrino is a prime example of how you can make the system work. The best thing is that we have a good stable of running backs to punish teams when they adjust to the quick pass plays. I had hoped to see more of this with our inexperienced wide receivers. A lot more running routes and less reading the defense as you will either outnumber them in passing game or in the box for the running game.

State82
09-03-2013, 06:52 PM
It boils down to what is best for the team Hack. We have had this argument all off season. C34, Cadaver & I have all said before the season. We lost all of our WRs to graduation. So we have a cert young WR core...check. Let me give you this too. We have spread OLmen who are being asked (because we have an immobile 5yr QB) to be pro-set lineman. It's NOT WHAT COMPLIMENTS THEIR SKILL SET. We have a bevy of RBs who are hungry to tote the ball. We have a 5th yr QB who has a great arm but is basically the same QB from the Memphis game in 2010. He is failing to read BASIC coverages. He has "the keys to the car" (Mullen said). We put up more numbers offensively with Tyson Lee & Relf with a HARDER SCHEDULE than we did last yr. It is time to compliment the TEAM!!!! Physical running, TRUE ball control that does NOT put the defense in bad positions. We ARE BUILT FOR THIS STYLE OF FOOTBALL! Great punter, physical RBs, physical defense and a game manager at QB who can run. This is what Ok St did!

This is money right here. Bravo. As the dude on the AT&T commercial says, "It's not complicated."

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2013, 06:55 PM
It boils down to what is best for the team Hack. We have had this argument all off season. C34, Cadaver & I have all said before the season.

Don't forget me! I've been on #TeamDak since the beginning, too.

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2013, 07:04 PM

Do you think we can implement that so quickly? Who do we use as a FB? I'd love to see that O again.
Shuttle passes, QB draws, bubble screens....oh yeah bring it on!

Not 57, but I'd use Christian Holmes. Or for a completely off-the-wall idea, move Milton. Honestly, we don't need a "FB" for that offense. An H-back would work just as well.

The biggest difference will be our zone read option game will be a TRUE option game with Dak. Right now, it's TR giving it to Perk/J-Rob 99% of the time without reading it or regardless of the read. With Dak, we'll go back to playing 11-on-11 with the mobile QB. He's not a burner, but he makes us way more physical and has enough speed to break it. It will also re-open our play-action passing game. Teams will have to respect the play fake with Dak, instead of dropping into coverage like they do with TR.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 07:06 PM

^Like^

We're going to screw around and waste a solid OLine, an incredible stable of backs, a good dual threat QB, and most importantly...a good defense, because we are too stubborn to make the changes that best fit our coach, system, and skill set. It is exactly what has concerned me from day one of the Russell era, and my biggest fear was that Mullen wouldn't/couldn't make the changes necessary to the offense to make Russell successful running it...and he hasn't. It's the reason I was scared to predict more than 5-6 wins at most this year.....and it is the same reason that had me arguing with folks on message boards everywhere about why Dak should start over Russell. If Russell had come out of high school in the Sherrill years, he would be a MSU legend with every passing record and win record possible. And to his credit, he has overcome the downfalls of Mullen not being able to adapt, and made it work pretty well the last year and a half. I will forever like Russell, and I am so glad he came to State....but it is time to get back to what we're built for.

PendingTransaction
09-03-2013, 07:09 PM

What's a spread lineman? Lineman are what you coach them to be. Our lineman can't run block or pass block. Talent or coaching?

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 07:10 PM
What's a spread lineman? Lineman are what you coach them to be. Our lineman can't run block or pass block. Talent or coaching?

Our lineman can't run block or pass block? Where are you getting this horse shit?

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Our lineman can't run block or pass block? Where are you getting this horse shit?

+1

Seriously, we have wayyyyy more than our fair share of fans with zero football knowledge.

Political Hack
09-03-2013, 07:50 PM
It boils down to what is best for the team Hack.

I also support what's best for team Hack. Well, maybe not all the time...

Seriously though, I do understand yalls position that you believe the offense will work more cohesively with a dual threat guy. We can get back to CDM's roots and run the read option. There's some attractiveness to that. However, I believe Tyler forces a defense to play the entire field. I also think it's not the QB's job to be our primary threat to run the ball. I also don't understand sacrificing our downfield passing game to pick up a 3 yard running game. If we can't do that without Dak, we've got a lot more problems on offense than the QB.

TR, when healthy and on his game, gives us the best chance to win the game. It's not even close IMO.

RichardHarrow
09-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Seriously though, I do understand yalls position that you believe the offense will work more cohesively with a dual threat guy. We can get back to CDM's roots and run the read option. There's some attractiveness to that. However, I believe Tyler forces a defense to play the entire field. I also think it's not the QB's job to be our primary threat to run the ball. I also don't understand sacrificing our downfield passing game to pick up a 3 yard running game. If we can't do that without Dak, we've got a lot more problems on offense than the QB.

TR, when healthy and on his game, gives us the best chance to win the game. It's not even close IMO.

I don't believe Tyler forces the defenses to play the entire field. They block the running lanes and short passes, and after watching our film will put more focus on the tight ends. And what is this downfield passing game that you speak of? We have a QB that's capable of making the passes but seems scared/hesitant/too slow going through his progressions. We've been waiting for that receiver that can prove himself as as a downfield threat. Dak in at QB could free up the receivers as mentioned by others, allowing for a downfield passing game as teams will have to respect the run more.

Coach 57
09-03-2013, 09:42 PM
@ Hack- look man you are one of my boys in here but seriously you think Tyler stretches the WHOLE field? When? The deepest pass we had was when Dak dropped the dime with Malcolm. And I mean it was a BEAUTY! Tyler can't do it because he's not a running threat. Dak got that look because he CAN run. That is a vertical threat and stretching the WHOLE field. All Tyler's throws against good teams are intermediate throws. The difference between Relf & Dak is Dak TRULY stretches the field.

Political Hack
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
TR can out the ball on the money thirty yards downfield by throwing a strike. Dak can't throw an out route further than 10 yards downfield. He's still developing his passing game and I think he needs more time.

Just an opinion.

Coach34
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
We haven't thrown a deep pass since what's his name dropped the pass vs Auburn that would have set up the tying FG

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 10:16 PM

I agree that Tyler SHOULD be a guy that can stretch the whole field....but he doesn't. I think this is where e whole Dak vs Tyler thing starts getting confused. Team Tyler looks at what Tyler's skill set COULD do for us, and how we COULD stretch the field, and COULD bring a downfield passing attack to the table. But unfortunately he doesn't, hasn't, and won't. And it's not his fault necessarily, which is another place it gets confusing. Team Tyler wants to say that Team Dak is just hating on Tyler or "always wanting the backup"...but that's not it at all. Team Dak is saying that IF playing Russell was accomplishing the things we all THOUGHT/HOPED/PRAYED it would, then we would ALL be on Team Tyler. But he is now a 5th year Senior and we just dropped one of the biggest offensive turds of his tenure. So at some point you have to cut bait and go with a guy that fits the system that we won 9 games running with a dual threat QB and a heavy run game.

Granted, I see your position too, and I feel like you are serious when you say you see where we are coming from. Part of me wants to give Russell another chance when he gets healthy to see if his head shot early on played a role. And I would not be opposed to that, but I would want him to have a short leash. And at the next sign of him being in over his head, or showing a fear of throwing the ball....his career is done and Team Dak begins his reign as the MSU signal caller.

Even then though, I would like to see Russell come in if we get behind in obvious comeback situations or in certain times of the game to allow him to still play a role...but he may not be willing if he gets benched.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-04-2013, 07:11 AM
^Like^

We're going to screw around and waste a solid OLine, an incredible stable of backs, a good dual threat QB, and most importantly...a good defense, because we are too stubborn to make the changes that best fit our coach, system, and skill set. It is exactly what has concerned me from day one of the Russell era, and my biggest fear was that Mullen wouldn't/couldn't make the changes necessary to the offense to make Russell successful running it...and he hasn't. It's the reason I was scared to predict more than 5-6 wins at most this year.....and it is the same reason that had me arguing with folks on message boards everywhere about why Dak should start over Russell. If Russell had come out of high school in the Sherrill years, he would be a MSU legend with every passing record and win record possible. And to his credit, he has overcome the downfalls of Mullen not being able to adapt, and made it work pretty well the last year and a half. I will forever like Russell, and I am so glad he came to State....but it is time to get back to what we're built for.

Just think if we had TR on that 99 team with that defense, might have a national championship. But like they say, mights grow on chickens asses.

Political Hack
09-04-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm not talking hail marry bombs and 9 patterns. I'm talking about being able to out the ball on the money 15-30 yards down the field and make all the throws necessary to do that.

That 15 yard out route to Tubby last week... it's out if the play book.
That deep wheel route that we run to Perk sometimes... it's out.
The 15 yard crossing patterns... out.
Deep comebacks... out.
back corner fades... out.

We can run a slant a hitch and a fly mixed in with some screens and short outs. If y'all are trying to legitimately suggest that we don't lose anything in the passing game when trading out Dak for Tyler, this discussion has lost all credibility.

I agree the run game could improve with Dak, but to suggest that the passing game will is 110% BS. And the "run game will open up the passing game" is irrelevant if your QB can't throw all the routes. We will have a limited passing game with Dak.

SheltonChoked
09-04-2013, 07:35 AM
That's funny, I only remember one long pass attempted in the game saturday. Dak overthrew Tubby late in the game. Russel threw everything <20 yards. Even when he had a man wide open downfield (i.e. the ball to perkins that was intercepted)

SheltonChoked
09-04-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm no longer convinced this is mullen. I think it is what Russel is comfortable with, and what he "sees". Russel has the arm to make all the throws. But he very rarely throws more than 15-20 yards downfield. So what we have is an immoble QB that is no run threat and will not throw the deep pass. Seems easy to load the box and defend when everything is inside 20 yards.

Coach 57
09-04-2013, 07:43 AM
We had a limited passing game with Relf too. But the defense HAS to account for his ability to run. More guys in the box means more man coverage Vs WRs. The bad thing is Tyler faced a loaded box Saturday and even with his better throwing ability didn't manage anything but a field goal in 2 qtrs & change. Dak faced the same coverage and got the same fg attempt with less time of work. That's what the Tyler elitists aren't seeing.

Political Hack
09-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Tyler had a concussion. I'd like to see anyone on this board take a play call, get the huddle called, line the team up, make your reads and checks, audible if you have to, check the play clock, remember the snap count, take the hike, execute the drop, read the S's and LB's, pick up the blitz, make the hot read, and put the ball on the money, get crushed when releasing the ball, pick yourself up off the carpet, take the play call... over and over and over... with a concussion.

Before the concussion all three of his passes were 10+ yards. After he completed one ball further down the field than 10 yards. If y'all couldn't see the difference in Tyler before the hit on that first drive and after it, the. I don't know what to tell you. You were watching a different game than me.

Coach 57
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Hack, right after the hit from the slide he made a nice read to Perk for a 17 yd gain. From Ok Sts 19 he threw into coverage which should've been picked. If he throws to Perk again it is a SIMPLE TD. It was a dumb read!

SheltonChoked
09-04-2013, 10:14 AM
10 yards is not streching the field. 20 yards, to a still target, is not streching the field. 15 yards to a man in stride is an argument. 20+ to a man in stride is a gamebreaker. How many of those has Tyler thrown since Memphis to Jameon in 2010?