PDA

View Full Version : Senior Thread

Big4Dawg
11-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Surprising amount of seniors will be playing their last game at DWS Saturday.

I really didn't realize how many senior starters we had until now. 3/5 OL. Almost all the DL and Secondary.

Player, Position - Starts

Offense:
Fred Ross, WR - 25
Devon Desper, LG - 25
Jamaal Clayborn, C - 22
Justin Senior, RT - 40
Brandon Holloway, RB - 14
Ashton Shumpert, RB - 10

Defense:
DeAndre Ward, LB - 0
Nelson Adams, DT - 13
Nick James, DT - 13
Torrey Dale, DT - 1
Will Coleman, DE - 0
AJ Jefferson, DE - 21
Johnathan Clavin, LB/DE - 10
Richie Brown, LB - 23
Kivon Coman, FS - 20
Cedric Jiles, CB - 9

confucius say
11-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Tolando is redshirting and expected back next year.

MaroonFlounder
11-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Giles may qualify for medical redshirt, no?

RezDog7
11-16-2016, 02:06 PM
I thought Fred Ross left early for the draft and left a shell of himself this year?

mparkerfd20
11-16-2016, 02:11 PM

I really didn't realize how many senior starters we had until now. 3/5 OL. Almost all the DL and Secondary.

Offense:
Fred Ross, WR - 25 :(
Devon Desper, LG - 25 :)
Jamaal Clayborn, C - 22 :/
Justin Senior, RT - 40 :/
Brandon Holloway, RB - 14 :)
Ashton Shumpert, RB - 10 :)

Defense:
DeAndre Ward, LB - 0 :)
Nelson Adams, DT - 13 :/
Nick James, DT - 13 :/
Torrey Dale, DT - 1 :/
Will Coleman, DE - 0 :/
AJ Jefferson, DE - 21 :(
Johnathan Clavin, LB/DE - 10 :)
Richie Brown, LB - 23 :/
Kivon Coman, FS - 20 :)
Cedric Jiles, CB - 9 :)

mparkerfd20
11-16-2016, 02:11 PM
I thought Fred Ross left early for the draft and left a shell of himself this year?

^^^THIS

lamont
11-16-2016, 02:16 PM

Offense:
Fred Ross, WR - 25
Devon Desper, LG - 25
Jamaal Clayborn, C - 22
Justin Senior, RT - 40
Brandon Holloway, RB - 14
Ashton Shumpert, RB - 10

Defense:
DeAndre Ward, LB - 0
Nelson Adams, DT - 13
Nick James, DT - 13
Torrey Dale, DT - 1
Will Coleman, DE - 0
AJ Jefferson, DE - 21
Richie Brown, LB - 23
Kivon Coman, FS - 20
Cedric Jiles, CB - 9

Because Mullen has told the world all year that we are young

Johnson85
11-16-2016, 02:55 PM
The question is who are we going to miss:

Offense:
Fred Ross, WR - 25 We're going to miss him.
Devon Desper, LG - 25 On the one hand, surely he's replaceable. On the other, he's a starter. Hopefully we have a freshman or RS Freshman that will be at least as good.
Jamaal Clayborn, C - 22 Going to miss him. Not always consistent, but the good version of him we will miss.
Justin Senior, RT - 40 Going to miss him. Shouldn't be irreplaceable, but going to be tough for us to.
Brandon Holloway, RB - 14 As good of a bulldog as he is, we won't miss him on the field with Aeres and Mixon and Dear. We have players that can do whatever he can do.
Ashton Shumpert, RB - 10 As good of a bulldog as he is, we won't miss his production on the field.

Defense:
DeAndre Ward, LB - 0 Harder to say with defense, but mostly I see depth along the DL, with one playmaker in Jefferson. Not sure how much we'll miss Richie. Seems like he's regressed this year.
Nelson Adams, DT - 13
Nick James, DT - 13
Torrey Dale, DT - 1
Will Coleman, DE - 0
AJ Jefferson, DE - 21
Richie Brown, LB - 23
Kivon Coman, FS - 20
Cedric Jiles, CB - 9

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-16-2016, 03:06 PM
Because Mullen has told the world all year that we are young

PRODUCTION (not number of seniors on team) returning next year that played against Alabama on Saturday.

Rushing 85 of 94 yards 90%
Receiving 157 of 180 yards 87%
Passing 180 of 180 yards 100%
All Purpose 299 of 434 yards 69% (93 of these yards are Holloway returning kickoffs)

Tackles
45 of 68 66%

HSVDawg
11-16-2016, 03:06 PM
As an MSU fan, I deeply appreciate all these guys choosing MSU and putting in the blood, sweat, and tears for our program. However, the truth is we will only truly miss about 4 or 5 of these guys next season. The remainder of them all are backed up by guys who should be more talented. Not gonna call anyone out specifically but most should be obvious. Here's to the future.

LC Dawg
11-16-2016, 06:28 PM
I get frustrated with players through the years but when it gets close to the end of their careers I just can't feel anything but appreciation for them being a Bulldog. If you play football for four or five years you have put in a lot of hard work to wear that uniform and most of our seniors every year are guys who have represented us well.
When I see a video of Fred Ross saying Mississippi State made him a man and talking about the tears he will shed Saturday I don't give a damn about any drops. When Rufus Warren came running out of that tunnel last year with tears streaming down his face you could tell that Mississippi State meant way more to him than just a chance to play football. That's what its all about in the end.
I always get a little choked up on senior night when they are all being introduced and the cowbells are ringing and you can see the emotion from the players.

msbulldog
11-16-2016, 07:08 PM
As an MSU fan, I deeply appreciate all these guys choosing MSU and putting in the blood, sweat, and tears for our program. However, the truth is we will only truly miss about 4 or 5 of these guys next season. The remainder of them all are backed up by guys who should be more talented. Not gonna call anyone out specifically but most should be obvious. Here's to the future.

Agree, heartfelt thanks to these Dawgs for their efforts. We are fortunate to have good talent behind them. Hail State!

msbulldog
11-16-2016, 07:12 PM
I get frustrated with players through the years but when it gets close to the end of their careers I just can't feel anything but appreciation for them being a Bulldog. If you play football for four or five years you have put in a lot of hard work to wear that uniform and most of our seniors every year are guys who have represented us well.
When I see a video of Fred Ross saying Mississippi State made him a man and talking about the tears he will shed Saturday I don't give a damn about any drops. When Rufus Warren came running out of that tunnel last year with tears streaming down his face you could tell that Mississippi State meant way more to him than just a chance to play football. That's what its all about in the end.
I always get a little choked up on senior night when they are all being introduced and the cowbells are ringing and you can see the emotion from the players.

Great post, I totally agree. Hail State! Rep given.

Offshore Dawg
11-16-2016, 07:41 PM

Well said LC

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2016, 09:18 PM
I ran into a young lady in a MState shirt on vacation in FL this past summer. Turns out she was Desper's sister. I ask if he was vacationing with the family. She said no he was going through summer workouts in Starkville. It really hit home how much sacrifice, time and effort the players put into the program.