PDA

View Full Version : Major Props to Tony Romo

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Romo just gave a speech throwing his full support behind Dak. Tony is the essance of class and being a good teammate. Completely selfless and raw.

Hopefully someone can embed it. Watch out for a Romo led Denver Broncos next year.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Class act! I never liked Cowboys until Dak, but always liked romo. In this day and age of selfish athletes he's one of the good guys!

msstatelp1
11-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Here it is:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/11/15/tony-romo-reads-statement-regarding-qb-role

TheRef
11-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Here is a tweet of the whole statement from Romo: https://twitter.com/abc3340/status/798654385089720320

ETA: Maybe not the whole statement, actually. Refer to msstatelp1's post for the full statement

shoeless joe
11-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Interesting. Still doesn't make me think that a loss wouldn't cause Jerry to pull the trigger and get tony in there.

turkish
11-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Not knocking him -- seemed honest. But, boy, he sure didn't seem happy about things.

TheRef
11-15-2016, 07:35 PM
Not knocking him -- seemed honest. But, boy, he sure didn't seem happy about things.

Would you? You just lost your job to a rookie QB in 9 games because you didn't slide right.

IMissJack
11-15-2016, 07:45 PM
Would you? You just lost your job to a rookie QB in 9 games because you didn't slide right.

I know all athletes are competitive, but as many neck/back injuries as Romo has had, he may want to walk away while he can walk at all. At 37, you don't heal as easy as you do at 25.

TheRef
11-15-2016, 07:48 PM
I know all athletes are competitive, but as many neck/back injuries as Romo has had, he may want to walk away while he can walk at all. At 37, you don't heal as easy as you do at 25.

I don't know. I know of a few teams that would pay good money, and draft picks, for Tony's services.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2016, 07:54 PM
It's the demeanor of a guy who knows he will never play qb again for his team barring an injury. Tough pill to swallow for a competitor like that. He's a pro and will continue to be a team first pro guy. Sucks for him but it's the business.

FISHDAWG
11-15-2016, 07:58 PM
I don't know. I know of a few teams that would pay good money, and draft picks, for Tony's services.

yep ... there is always someone that will take a chance ... From Johnnie Football's off field issues to Ricky Williams habit to Peyton Manning's 36 yr old post surgical healing neck

turkish
11-15-2016, 08:22 PM
No, but if I thought it necessary to share a heartfelt handwritten letter for 6 minutes at a press conference, I'd make it sound like I was very happy for the team and not dominate it with how disappointed I was. It's a pet leave when people say "all about the team" and then proceed to dominate the next 5 minutes talking about themselves.

bulldawg28
11-15-2016, 08:32 PM

I agree. .He really didn't have much of a choice about the matter. This interview will actually be the topic of discussion for the next couple of weeks, which is a distraction.

Dawg61
11-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Yes major props to Romo but also major props to the Cowboys and Jerry Jones for allowing Romo the opportunity to look like gold and take the high road. I saw this scenario a month ago. The Cowboys have been setting this up for awhile now and Romo stepped up and seized the opportunity. Good on him for swallowing his pride and being the better man and good on the Cowboys for handing this opportunity to him on a silver plater.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2016, 09:19 PM
No, but if I thought it necessary to share a heartfelt handwritten letter for 6 minutes at a press conference, I'd make it sound like I was very happy for the team and not dominate it with how disappointed I was. It's a pet leave when people say "all about the team" and then proceed to dominate the next 5 minutes talking about themselves.

I actually loved the part where he talked about his struggles and the difficulties of the situation. I thought that made the team &a Dak part believable and sound genuine.

You also have to know Tony Romo. It's never talked about but Tony is a worthy role model. The guy is a huge christian and gives a lot of time to youth groups in the Dallas area. He's extremely involved at The Village Church in the Metroplex and is know as an overall first class, great guy. He's a competitor though and today was tough, but he's committed to doing the right thing.

gtowndawg
11-15-2016, 09:28 PM
I actually loved the part where he talked about his struggles and the difficulties of the situation. I thought that made the team &a Dak part believable and sound genuine.

You also have to know Tony Romo. It's never talked about but Tony is a worthy role model. The guy is a huge christian and gives a lot of time to youth groups in the Dallas area. He's extremely involved at The Village Church in the Metroplex and is know as an overall first class, great guy. He's a competitor though and today was tough, but he's committed to doing the right thing.

I honestly can't recall another player ever doing something like that. Huge respect for Tony!

Dawg61
11-15-2016, 09:29 PM

Sure Romo is a good dude but you do understand he has no choice here right? The Cowboys are allowing him to look like gold outta respect. His starting days for the Cowboys have been done since they were 5-1.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Sure Romo is a good dude but you do understand he has no choice here right? The Cowboys are allowing him to look like gold outta respect. His starting days for the Cowboys have been done since they were 5-1.

He did have a choice. He could've been a massive distraction and said he wanted his job back. That's the way Bledsoe was to both Romo and Brady. It happened to Bledsoe twice.

Tony's words validated Dak and propped him up. For the Dallas Cowboys team today, Romo removed a distraction.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2016, 09:41 PM
By doing what he did today Romo also cemented his legacy in Dallas and he will be loved by cowboy fans forever for being a team first guy, instead of being a whiny, pouty selfish douche.

Dawg61
11-15-2016, 09:41 PM
He did have a choice. He could've been a massive distraction and said he wanted his job back. That's the way Bledsoe was to both Romo and Brady. It happened to Bledsoe twice.

Tony's words validated Dak and propped him up. For the Dallas Cowboys team today, Romo removed a distraction.

Haha 1. Look like gold 2. Look like a spoiled brat. Sure he had a choice.

HSVDawg
11-15-2016, 10:19 PM

Damn dude. We're in an era where QB's kneel in protest for the national anthem, high profile players abuse drugs and beat on their girlfriends, and numerous other prima donnas just make selfish statements / tweets and engage in other foolishness on a daily basis. Why not just tip your hat to one of the few good guys in the league for making a good team-first gesture? He could have easily just stayed silent or made a spectacle out of it if he wanted to. How do you think Cam Newton or Jameis Winston would have handled that same situation?

I seen it dawg
11-15-2016, 10:25 PM

You certainly type some stupid shit

blacklistedbully
11-15-2016, 11:13 PM

More often than not.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I seen it dawg again.

LC Dawg
11-15-2016, 11:51 PM
Yeah, everyone that thinks this was no big deal or doesn't want to give Romo credit needs to listen to what Romo says, close your eyes, and imagine Cam Newton saying it.

Dawg61
11-16-2016, 11:08 AM

Like you don't. I gave Romo his props. Read my first post in this thread. He doesn't deserve everyone giving him all out deep throats though since the Cowboys set this up a ****ing month ago for him to take advantage of. They had their mind made up 4 games ago. They didn't announce it like that so that Romo could be the better man and give his speech.

Dawg61
11-16-2016, 11:13 AM
More often than not.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I seen it dawg again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to blacklistedbully's daughter again.

turkish
11-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Again if 95% of that letter wasn't about TONY, I'd give him his props. Does he really think his blessing is necessary? He's had 10 years to win more than 2 playoff games. He ain't Tom Brady.

Dawg61
11-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Again if 95% of that letter wasn't about TONY, I'd give him his props. Does he really think his blessing is necessary? He's had 10 years to win more than 2 playoff games. He ain't Tom Brady.

See ISID somebody else doesn't see Romo's speech as shiny as the rest of you do too. Thanks Turkish for joining me in the "you certainly type some stupid shit" club.

turkish
11-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Well you do post some stupid shit. I just happen to agree this time. People around here are finally getting to root for a winner and it's making them delirious.

Dawg61
11-16-2016, 02:01 PM
Well you do post some stupid shit. I just happen to agree this time. People around here are finally getting to root for a winner and it's making them delirious.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/UnyKc5JucBPri/200_s.gif