PDA

View Full Version : Ado ruled ineligible this year.

Thick
11-15-2016, 03:04 PM
Can begin practicing next semester.

https://twitter.com/loganlowery/status/798617261703430144

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2016, 03:05 PM
Can begin practicing next semester.

$#%&, &^%$ the @*&% and the whole ^$%$&*!!!

HoopsDawg
11-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Basically just means he is now part of the Brooks, lil Spoon class.

confucius say
11-15-2016, 03:19 PM
Does this year count against his eligibility?

maroonmania
11-15-2016, 03:21 PM
NCAA rules MSU player ineligible. In other news, water is wet.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2016, 03:23 PM
I think that was the expected outcome.

DeviousDawg
11-15-2016, 03:26 PM

I see no way that being ruled ineligible could count against eligibility. If for some reason it does he should have 4 to play 4, and we wouldn't have redshirted him had he been eligible. So it really doesn't matter either way.

Dawg61
11-15-2016, 03:28 PM
I'd be fine if we never sign another risk player again. Tired of this shit. I like Ado but let's make him the last one we ever sign.

starkvegasdawg
11-15-2016, 03:29 PM
If only he had committed to UK he would have been cleared before the ink dried on his LOI.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2016, 03:31 PM

No. 4 to play 4. Might work out good in the long run.

jumbo
11-15-2016, 03:32 PM

He will have 4 to play 4.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2016, 03:33 PM
If only he had committed to UK he would have been cleared before the ink dried on his LOI.

Bull S$%*!!

Sincerely,

Enes Kanter

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Not surprising, but **** this is getting old

DeviousDawg
11-15-2016, 03:35 PM
I will never understand why it takes the NCAA so long to rule on these things, seems like you could just look at the facts, go to a rule book and make a decision within a day. No sense in leaving a kid wondering all semester if he will be eligible, only to find out after the season has started that he can't play.

Herard and Datcher are gonna have to learn quickly how to play defense without fouling.

Dawg61
11-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Not surprising, but **** this is getting old

Just another reason we need a functioning law program at MSU. We are dinosaurs with anything legal. Media too.

IMissJack
11-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Probably still pissed at OM and got us mixed up again***

msbulldog
11-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Probably still pissed at OM and got us mixed up again***

I'd have to say yeah.

Harrydawg
11-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Disappointing yes, however word is from a good source - this kid is worth the wait.

Let him work out and get eligible and he will be a big help next year. Howland has said that they are very few impressed with Ado.....

tcdog70
11-15-2016, 04:51 PM
it is what it is--who expected anything else. Let's make Chicken salad out of chicken $hit and get Him ready for next year. Giving Datcher more playing time might be a good thing. plus Strug (sp) needs to get in shape.

Ari Gold
11-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Bracky doing work...

RocketDawg
11-15-2016, 04:55 PM
What was his issue? Grades?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2016, 05:02 PM
NCAA didn't accept his foreign transcript.

DeviousDawg
11-15-2016, 05:08 PM
What was his issue? Grades?

I believe the problem was whether the NCAA would accept the credits that he earned internationally to become eligible. Seems to be a problem with all international players, Fallou Ndoye, Kris Zeidaks, John Riek and now Ado.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Bull S$%*!!

Sincerely,

Enes Kanter

Enes Kanter played professional basketball in another country, he didn't just have trouble with his transcripts. Kanter would have never been allowed to play at MSU but sits out 1 year for UK. Not exactly the same.

Political Hack
11-15-2016, 05:45 PM

Then we didn't do a good enough job showing why those classes should be accepted/credited. Same ol' same ol'. Unfortunately, this is not a surprise. Not sure why we can't use some established precedent from other schools who regularly get these players qualified.

Ari Gold
11-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Then we didn't do a good enough job showing why those classes should be accepted/credited. Same ol' same ol'. Unfortunately, this is not a surprise. Not sure why we can't use some established precedent from other schools who regularly get these players qualified.

Agree....

MCsMGs
11-15-2016, 06:42 PM

What established precedent is there? As excited as Howland is about this kid, I have a hard time believing he didn't do everything possible to see it through...

Percho
11-15-2016, 08:29 PM

In all likely hood true and sad.

Political Hack
11-15-2016, 09:18 PM
What established precedent is there? As excited as Howland is about this kid, I have a hard time believing he didn't do everything possible to see it through...

It's not Howland's job to get him eligible. At least it shouldn't be.

MCsMGs
11-15-2016, 10:13 PM
It's not Howland's job to get him eligible. At least it shouldn't be.

I realize that, but you didn't answer the question about "established precedent".

Bass Chaser
11-15-2016, 10:16 PM
Enes Kanter played professional basketball in another country, he didn't just have trouble with his transcripts. Kanter would have never been allowed to play at MSU but sits out 1 year for UK. Not exactly the same.

Kanter never played college ball. He was ruled permanently ineligible.

KentuckyDawg13
11-16-2016, 08:58 AM
...his transcripts from his country are fishy, yet he played high school ball in Chattanooga and was honor roll. Didn't someone say (on here?) that Ado is on the Dean's list now @ MSU.
So, what in the h3ll is the problem? Several big time programs, UNC, UofL, etc...all have players from overseas and NEVER have these issues. Seems every time MSU gets a player with similar background, we are forced to sit him out.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-16-2016, 09:15 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/11/10/9705180/cheick-diallo-tacko-fall-ncaa-eligibility-lawsuit

This isn't just a MSU problem.

Political Hack
11-16-2016, 09:22 AM
It's not just an MSU problem, but I can ever remember one of these situations working out in favor of ou players. We "lose" every single one of these little battles. Ado has been here a while and is a good student by all accounts. His track record and education level should be enough to prove that's he academically prepared for college. That's all that should matter.

LC Dawg
11-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Is Trump running the NCAA?***

maroonmania
11-16-2016, 11:44 AM
...his transcripts from his country are fishy, yet he played high school ball in Chattanooga and was honor roll. Didn't someone say (on here?) that Ado is on the Dean's list now @ MSU.
So, what in the h3ll is the problem? Several big time programs, UNC, UofL, etc...all have players from overseas and NEVER have these issues. Seems every time MSU gets a player with similar background, we are forced to sit him out.

Apparently this is a common problem specifically with kids coming out of a number of African countries including Nigeria where Ado is from. Apparently we had a women's basketball player that got the same ruling coming from the same place.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-16-2016, 12:53 PM
The mission of the NCAA should be restricted to only the amateur status of the student-athlete (SA) in his/her chosen sport. Academic admission and on-going student status should be left to the university. Of course the NCAA should have the right to periodically audit the grades of the student-athlete to ascertain that the student is attending class and is in good academic standing. I see no need to go beyond these parameters.

maroonmania
11-16-2016, 02:01 PM
The mission of the NCAA should be restricted to only the amateur status of the student-athlete (SA) in his/her chosen sport. Academic admission and on-going student status should be left to the university. Of course the NCAA should have the right to periodically audit the grades of the student-athlete to ascertain that the student is attending class and is in good academic standing. I see no need to go beyond these parameters.

Academic admission is up to the university. The NCAA only weighs in on athletic eligibility.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Academic admission is up to the university. The NCAA only weighs in on athletic eligibility.

Right. So what criteria and procedures do they rely on to determine athletic eligibility? How does disavowing a students academic transcripts further the NCAA goal of determining athletic eligibility?

smootness
11-16-2016, 06:31 PM
It's not just an MSU problem, but I can ever remember one of these situations working out in favor of ou players. We "lose" every single one of these little battles. Ado has been here a while and is a good student by all accounts. His track record and education level should be enough to prove that's he academically prepared for college. That's all that should matter.

Well, by and large, once a player is having his status reviewed and investigated for this long, it's unlikely the result will be positive. I would imagine a huge majority of these everywhere end up with something less than immediate eligibility.

MCsMGs
11-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Maybe we should get all those angry social justice warriors on this...LOL!

Bass Chaser
11-16-2016, 09:25 PM
The NCAA should review foreign transcripts first since that seems to what deems most ineligible. This way schools don't wait until after the season starts to determine who's eligible.

My opinion NCAA is over reaching.

Offshore Dawg
11-17-2016, 02:10 AM
Can't play this year 2016 or this season 2016 to 2017