PDA

View Full Version : Catching up with Tony Hughes

Rick Cleveland
11-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Tony likens his first year at Jackson State to Mullen's firet at State. He can only hope it ends similarly.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Tony likens his first year at Jackson State to Mullen's firet at State. He can only hope it ends similarly.

We miss him for sure. I think Mullen's first year at state was pretty good and I think his 2nd year was his best team and best coaching job. I wish we ran the same offense and had the same talent as that team.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2016, 05:06 PM
We miss him for sure. I think Mullen's first year at state was pretty good and I think his 2nd year was his best team and best coaching job. I wish we ran the same offense and had the same talent as that team.

I had an argument with a friend that the collective defensive talent on that roster was the best we have witnessed in my lifetime. Maybe not the best statistical defense, but when you look at NFL players and that team, it's amazing.

Bothrops
11-15-2016, 05:18 PM
Chris White was a one man wrecking crew in 2010.

Ari Gold
11-15-2016, 05:58 PM
I had an argument with a friend that the collective defensive talent on that roster was the best we have witnessed in my lifetime. Maybe not the best statistical defense, but when you look at NFL players and that team, it's amazing.

The main reason we need to keep pounding the juco ranks in recruiting ..

HoopsDawg
11-15-2016, 06:43 PM

Our 4 losses that year were to 4 great teams and Relf was our QB. I loved Relf but he was no Dak. I think I would have to agree.

msstate7
11-15-2016, 06:55 PM

It's been a while and teams seem to melt into each other, but weren't Kelly, Davis, Wyms, blade, and smoot on the same team? That's a pretty good collection if so.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2016, 08:43 PM
It's been a while and teams seem to melt into each other, but weren't Kelly, Davis, Wyms, blade, and smoot on the same team? That's a pretty good collection if so.

Yeah but the 2010 team had three All Pro players, McPhee, Cox and Wright. To go with White, Banks, Cameron Lawrence, Charles Mitchell, Deontae Skinner, and Josh Boyd who all have played in the NFL.

It was just loaded.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Yeah but the 2010 team had three All Pro players, McPhee, Cox and Wright. To go with White, Banks, Cameron Lawrence, Charles Mitchell, Deontae Skinner, and Josh Boyd who all have played in the NFL.

It was just loaded.

Those guys made Manny a lot of money. He owes Croom for recruiting them.