PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Thoughts & the TR Discussion

Political Hack
09-02-2013, 06:06 PM
First pass was to Hill over the middle for 15 yards. Didn't take a long time to develop and the ball was on the money. Perk tripped on the next 1st down, only got a yard running the same slow ass developing play the next play... and on 3rd and 10 TR drills it 13 yards to the other TE in MJ. They come right back to Wilson on the outside and get 10 yards for another 1st down. At this point, TR had thrown 3 passes, completed all 3, and had 38 yards.

This is where things go to shit. TR scrambles and gets hammered helmet to helmet. After that hit, we run a simple check down to Perk and the throw was behind him but he made a great grab for 17 yards. TR is 4/4 with four first downs. Then he throws behind Tubby and it's nearly picked off. Hand off for 3 yds, and then we go trips right and TR gets caught by the clock and has to burn a TO. Next play we throw the flare to Perk (another short easy throw) but it's called back for Morrow's hold. 3rd and 14, Russell throws the ball away even thought Tubby could've had a shot at it in the corner of the end zone. Bell hits the 3, and we were fortunate to get that the way the drive ended.

Next drive we run 4 straight times and then throw a bad pass in the flats into triple coverage and they get a tipped INT. People have said that this is where TR lost his head, that he couldn't bounce back, but the problems were there as soon as he was hit during that first drive. It had nothing to do with the INT in my opinion. It was the hit on the very first drive.

He threw one good out route to Tubby on the next drive for about 15 yards, but a terrible pass on 3rd down to Tubby on his next attempt. We didn't even throw the next drive, not even on 3rd and 8. Next drive starts with a good 8 yard pass to Wilson. Great delayed center screen pass (if you can really call it a screen) to Perk for a long gain. The next play they run a blitz over the right tackle and MJ decides to pick up neither of them rather than one of them.... TR sacked... 12 men on the field... delay draw doesn't work on 2nd and a mile and then he throws to two WRs in the wrong part of the field because they ran into each other 30 yards downfield.

It was almost over at this point, but then Tubby hit a huge KO return and got us back into scoring position for a 3rd time in the half. TR trips and lands on his ass. Completes a decent pass for a few yards, but it was low and Ross has to dig it out and couldn't catch and run. 3rd and 5, he floats it and it's almost a pick six. We also get a holding call, which allows us a chance to watch a WR drop a pass on the next play. 4th and 15... and we're going for it, Siddoway gets beat after a holding call on him the previous play, TR takes a sack, and we're done for the half.

TR completes one pass in the 2nd half (I think) and he's knocked out of the game by a knee to the head.

ALL THAT FOR THIS....

On the 1st drive he completed 3 passes more than 10 yards down the field. After that hit, he completed one 10+ yard throw the rest of the game, and threw 3 balls that were or should've been INTs. That hit on the first drive knocked him out of the game. He was sleep walking after that. Our staff should've noticed it earlier and gotten him out.

CadaverDawg
09-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I think you may be right. But Tyler has to let the staff know something too. Either way, the offensive coordinator, head coach, and QB were the root of every problem except for Bell on the FG shank. Just a disappointing finish to the game after what appeared to be a promising first drive followed by a great 3 and out by the D.

Political Hack
09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I agree. I just hope people realize that he was playing hurt and that's why he lost his edge. I don't think it's fair to him to assume he just had a bad game when it's pretty obvious that the hit on that first drive is what caused it.

Now it is his fault for not getting down fast enough, but the refs should've protected him there and they didn't even give him the call. It was helmet to helmet.