PDA

View Full Version : Around the Horn Says Dak is MVP

TheRef
11-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Bob Ryan, J.A. Adande, Todd Blackistone all say Dak should be the NFL MVP.

Bill Plaschke, however, says Zeke should be the MVP.

IMissJack
11-14-2016, 05:43 PM
I love Dak and Zeke is great, but both are seeing the benefit of a great OL. Not saying both are not super talented, but it is a great situation for them. Zeke had 2 long td runs yesterday, and was untouched on either.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 05:50 PM
^^ This. I could run through that offensive line. Dak is managing the game and making timely, accurate throws. If he keeps it up, he should be the one to win it.

Coackjek
11-14-2016, 08:16 PM
NFL is after Zek right now with two pending domestic violence cases though.

yjnkdawg
11-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Dak has more responsibility, as he is running the offense, but Zek is deserving as well. It is great how Dak and Zek perform on the field together and then being close friends off the field too. I sure hope Dak gets it. He has worked his butt off to get to where he is and didn't come in as a first round draft choice, but is performing as one now.

klong-dog
11-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Where was that o line in the Philadelphia game? They harassed Dak all night. Even at times yesterday, they struggled blocking Pitt. Dak

Commercecomet24
11-15-2016, 01:55 AM
The o line there is great, but think about this the other qbs who took over for romo when he went down couldn't win behind that ol. Dak is running the show, checking into the correct calls, play action fakes are crazy good and he's controlling the defense with his eyes in the passing game. Watch some of the analytical break downs of his play by experts, he's way ahead of where he's supposed to be that's what has everyone talking. He's Brady/Manning like in running that offense. Of course you have to have a great ol to win at a high level but the other qbs taking over for romo couldn't do it. That Dakman is special!

Reason2succeed
11-15-2016, 04:51 AM
If they keep winning Dak will get all the accolades he deserves.

SaintDawg
11-15-2016, 11:03 AM
Silly question... has a rookie ever been in the NFL MVP conversation before?

gtowndawg
11-15-2016, 11:06 AM
The o line there is great, but think about this the other qbs who took over for romo when he went down couldn't win behind that ol. Dak is running the show, checking into the correct calls, play action fakes are crazy good and he's controlling the defense with his eyes in the passing game. Watch some of the analytical break downs of his play by experts, he's way ahead of where he's supposed to be that's what has everyone talking. He's Brady/Manning like in running that offense. Of course you have to have a great ol to win at a high level but the other qbs taking over for romo couldn't do it. That Dakman is special!

well said.

maroonmania
11-15-2016, 11:44 AM
I do believe they are a better run blocking line than pass blocking. Even against Pittsburgh Dak was seeing pressure and I know made a nice move in the pocket to throw the 50 yard TD pass to Bryant. Also, Dallas got quite a few holding penalties Sunday in their efforts to pass block.

Brahmabull
11-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Also, if you watched the fourth quarter Sunday, Dak made some tight throws into coverage that they had to have. Zeke is great, but on third and long this year, Dak has been THE MAN!

Commercecomet24
11-15-2016, 12:37 PM
I do believe they are a better run blocking line than pass blocking. Even against Pittsburgh Dak was seeing pressure and I know made a nice move in the pocket to throw the 50 yard TD pass to Bryant. Also, Dallas got quite a few holding penalties Sunday in their efforts to pass block.

Also noticed "checkdown charlie"(I personally don't like that moniker), is now second in the leaugue in yards per attempt. The coaching staff gradually gave him more and more of the playbook to use and he is flourishing. What he's doing really is amazing. You look at some of the greats as rookies and they didn't have the command of the offense lack Dak has, it really is like watching Brady or Manning. He just about always gets them in the right plays even with defenses trying to confuse him. Watching guys like Dilfer and other top notch QB afficianados break down what he is doing pre snap and post snap is really something. Dak is years ahead of the curve. What a great ambassador for our University both as a player but most importantly as a person!

BeardoMSU
11-15-2016, 12:37 PM

Great post.

Brahmabull
11-15-2016, 12:43 PM
The Dallas OL is really good, but there have been a number of passing plays were Dak has used is mobility to keep from being sacked. The OL is benefitting from a mobile Dak back there.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2016, 12:47 PM
The Dallas OL is really good, but there have been a number of passing plays were Dak has used is mobility to keep from being sacked. The OL is benefitting from a mobile Dak back there.

Youre right. I don't know if Romo escapes some of the pressure Dak has faced this year, his mobility has kept plays alive and a big key to their converting so many third downs and has made the bootleg passes almost unstoppable. Maroonmania mentioned that he thought Dallas OL were better at run blocking and I believe that to be true. He faced a lot of pressure from the Eagles, Giants and Steelers this past Sunday.

gtowndawg
11-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Another obvious benefit to Dak is health. He's built to take NFL hits from time to time, Romo isn't.

LC Dawg
11-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Most quarterbacks, and running backs for that matter, who have won the NFL MVP had great offensive lines and other great players around them. That's why members of 3-13 teams don't normally win mvp.
When looking at who is more valuable I think you need to guess what would be the Cowboys record with Mark Sanchez and Zeke compared to your guess of the Cowboys record with Dak and Alfred Morris.
I'm going with Dak.

IMissJack
11-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Silly question... has a rookie ever been in the NFL MVP conversation before?

Looking online, it appears Earl Campbell was voted MVP by the Football Writers Assoc., and Rookie of the Year by the AP.

I also saw where Jim Brown was MVP in '57.

Not bad company if Dak were to win it.

SaintDawg
11-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Looking online, it appears Earl Campbell was voted MVP by the Football Writers Assoc., and Rookie of the Year by the AP.

I also saw where Jim Brown was MVP in '57.

Not bad company if Dak were to win it. That answered my other question... can a rookie win both awards? OROTY and MVP