PDA

View Full Version : Why bama is #1

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2016, 04:56 PM
They're 10-0 and #1 in the country.

Saban: I'm certainly not satisfied with where we are right now.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 05:04 PM
I actually believe him, but what coach would say yeah, I'm happy with where we are... no need to improve?

gtowndawg
11-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Purely as a football fan, I would love to see if Saben went back to the NFL would he be successful this time? I just don't see someone like that failing twice.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 05:07 PM
BTW, there's still a big gap between bama and Ohio state, but that gap is closing. Meyer's team is starting to peak and they have the athletes to challenge bama. Really hope penn state loses in these next couple weeks to open the door for Ohio state. Love urban vs saban games

louisvilledawg
11-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Purely as a football fan, I would love to see if Saben went back to the NFL would he be successful this time? I just don't see someone like that failing twice.

If the dolphins woulda let him run his show and give him full reigns, he probably would've won a super bowl.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 05:12 PM
If the dolphins woulda let him run his show and give him full reigns, he probably would've won a super bowl.

I don't know about that, but he would've certainly benefited if team doctors would've cleared brees

MarketingBully
11-14-2016, 05:22 PM
I'd like to see a game with Ohio State and Alabama called fairly and not using SEC refs.

bulldawg28
11-14-2016, 05:23 PM
And....They now have former NFL players practicing against the team.

mcain31
11-14-2016, 05:41 PM

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/11/ohio_states_urban_meyer_was_sh.html#incart_river_i ndex

yjnkdawg
11-14-2016, 05:42 PM
They're 10-0 and #1 in the country.

Saban: I'm certainly not satisfied with where we are right now.

LOL Saban is never satisfied. He is pretty much a perfectonist. He can always find something that his team needs to be better at and how to keep them focused and up for each game.

DownwardDawg
11-14-2016, 05:46 PM
BTW, there's still a big gap between bama and Ohio state, but that gap is closing. Meyer's team is starting to peak and they have the athletes to challenge bama. Really hope penn state loses in these next couple weeks to open the door for Ohio state. Love urban vs saban games

Ohio state is in.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 05:52 PM
Ohio state is in.

Right now if penn state and Ohio state win out, penn state goes to big10 championship. If penn state wins the big10 and beat Ohio state, I don't see how you could put Ohio state in over penn state... maybe both make it

smootness
11-14-2016, 06:21 PM
So all it takes is a lack of complacency from the coach?

MetEdDawg
11-14-2016, 06:38 PM

This is the reason Bama is #1. The best coach in the NCAA knew this rule and used it, but the 2nd best coach didn't. And I'm betting he wasn't the only one that didn't know.

TUSK
11-14-2016, 06:58 PM
I'd like to see a game with Ohio State and Alabama called fairly and not using SEC refs.

REC doin' work.

RocketDawg
11-14-2016, 07:03 PM

If they're in a bowl or playoff game, they would use neutral conference officials. Only time I could see using SEC officials is if Bama traveled to Ohio State during the regular season (like we did when we went to BYU earlier this year; not sure who they'll use next year since they're Independent but I don't expect SEC).

Token Bammer
11-14-2016, 07:09 PM
REC doin' work.

If the world only knew.

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Bammer is #1 because they have Drummond money propping up the program, that has lead to unprecedented prosperity for everything else.

LC Dawg
11-14-2016, 07:15 PM
I don't know about that, but he would've certainly benefited if team doctors would've cleared brees
Many, many thanks to the Dolphins doctors blowing that one.

bulldawg28
11-14-2016, 08:22 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/11/ohio_states_urban_meyer_was_sh.html#incart_river_i ndex

It's crazy

bulldawg28
11-14-2016, 08:23 PM
This is the reason Bama is #1. The best coach in the NCAA knew this rule and used it, but the 2nd best coach didn't. And I'm betting he wasn't the only one that didn't know.

I don't think the NCAA will allow this to happen much longer.

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 09:17 PM
Right now if penn state and Ohio state win out, penn state goes to big10 championship. If penn state wins the big10 and beat Ohio state, I don't see how you could put Ohio state in over penn state... maybe both make it

If the committee is justifying putting in 2 teams from 1 conference, it should be Clemson & Lville if they win out. Both would probably destroy Penn St. and probably beat OSU as of now. OSU is probably getting much better tho.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2016, 09:31 PM
So could this become a new line item on the budget? Can we pay Trent Richardson to come to our practice and work over our LBs to prepare for this weekend? Do it!

yjnkdawg
11-14-2016, 09:34 PM
So could this become a new line item on the budget? Can we pay Trent Richardson to come to our practice and work over our LBs to prepare for this weekend? Do it!

LOL...I think the NCAA would frown on the pay part.

TUSK
11-14-2016, 09:35 PM

He'd prolly work cheap, too.....

msstate7
11-14-2016, 09:37 PM
He'd prolly work cheap, too.....

He's not even on a practice squad?

lamont
11-14-2016, 09:38 PM
Alabama is #1 because:

They have had 6 straight number 1 ranked recruiting classes

Their HC is the best Defensive coach in college football

Their HC evolved with the offensive revolution going on in college football- changing his offensive philosophy from conservative to Spread and hurry up concepts. Saban's offenses now compared to when he was at LSU are night and day.

Their support of their program is 2nd to none. The state lives and breathes Bama football

Thats why they are what they are

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2016, 09:39 PM
LOL...I think the NCAA would frown on the pay part.

Well, I assumed he wasn't suiting up and trading licks for the fun of it over there either.

lamont
11-14-2016, 09:45 PM
Well, I assumed he wasn't suiting up and trading licks for the fun of it over there either.

He's getting paid to do it- there is no doubt about that

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 10:09 PM
REC doin' work.

If the world only knew.

So what do we have to pony up to get them in our back pocket? Cause they sho be doing some work for y'all .. ha.

TUSK
11-14-2016, 10:19 PM
So what do we have to pony up to get them in our back pocket? Cause they sho be doing some work for y'all .. ha.

This is pretty big, 166....

Here's the org chart (I thought I'd already posted it, but didn't see it):

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 10:27 PM
REC doin' work.

If the world only knew.

This is pretty big, 166....

Here's the org chart (I thought I'd already posted it, but didn't see it):

Awww shit ... we screwed. We don't have enough virgins to offer up to maybe move up that hierarchy ******** Now I understand more clearly why we remain at the bottom of the SEC W.

TUSK
11-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Awww shit ... we screwed. We don't have enough virgins to offer up to maybe move up that hierarchy ******** Now I understand more clearly why we remain at the bottom of the SEC W.

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 10:40 PM

More than likely ... but everyone thought that in 2014 too. I think there are 2 or 3 teams that might could give them fits. Unfortunately 2 are in the ACC and only 1 of those will come out of that. Michigan isn't one ... they'll never score a point. Not sure how good their D really is either based on their competition so far. OSU might could give Bama a tussle. Bama destroys Washington.

TUSK
11-14-2016, 10:53 PM
More than likely ... but everyone thought that in 2014 too. I think there are 2 or 3 teams that might could give them fits. Unfortunately 2 are in the ACC and only 1 of those will come out of that. Michigan isn't one ... they'll never score a point. Not sure how good their D really is either based on their competition so far. OSU might could give Bama a tussle. Bama destroys Washington.

I'd sweat Ohio State and Clemson because they've elite talent and a stud QB... L'ville, Washington, Michigan, Wisconsin, Okie, Penn St., LSU, USC... not so much.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 10:59 PM
I'd sweat Ohio State and Clemson because they've elite talent and a stud QB... L'ville, Washington, Michigan, Wisconsin, Okie, Penn St., LSU, USC... not so much.

Not that it will happen, but USC would be a better game in a rematch now that they have darnold at qb. Bama would still win, but much, much closer.

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 11:00 PM

I tend to agree ... would like to see Lville match up with them but would be concerned with their D against Bama. Their O could do as well as OM for sure. Petrino good coach, and good game coach.

ETA: Let me rephrase. Lville's O is a more threatening and complete O than OM. After Bama has gotten better over the entire year they may not fair as well as OM did in 3rd game of season in Oxford.

BB30
11-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Don't count out a Meyer team. If they get in they will make some noise. They have the athletes to compete with Bama. If I was Bama the only team I would even blink at would be OSU. Clemson could probably give them a decent game but I don't know if their OL is good enough to hang in there for 4qtrs.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Bottom line: If Bama shows up and doesn't turn the ball over nobody is going to beat them this year.

TUSK
11-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Bottom line: If Bama shows up and doesn't turn the ball over nobody is going to beat them this year.

this is the correct answer.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Alabama is #1 because:

They have had 6 straight number 1 ranked recruiting classes

Their HC is the best Defensive coach in college football

Their HC evolved with the offensive revolution going on in college football- changing his offensive philosophy from conservative to Spread and hurry up concepts. Saban's offenses now compared to when he was at LSU are night and day.

Their support of their program is 2nd to none. The state lives and breathes Bama football

Thats why they are what they are

Don't forget their ability to get almost every borderline player eligible, avoid NCAA punishment for violations that would kill us, and the ability to make off the field issues disappear.

TUSK
11-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Don't forget their ability to get almost every borderline player eligible, avoid NCAA punishment for violations that would kill us, and the ability to make off the field issues disappear.

You left out the obligatory "the SEC refs help em cheat"....