PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited about the next 2 weeks

lamont
11-14-2016, 11:57 AM
1. We get a UPig team at home that struggles to stop the run. Being at home is huge- as UPig hasn't played very well on the road. We play a good ballgame Saturday and we can grab a win

2. We grab that UPig win- we get to jump into the Egg Bowl against a green, back-up QB. A good plan and a team ready to play can get that game also.

6 wins to keep the bowl streak alive. Got to love that challenge and pressure as a coach and player

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Hopefully, this is not how our coaching staff approaches this challenge:

http://i.imgur.com/Ze4bI1f.gif

msstate7
11-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Sadly, I'm more excited about the basketball tourney starting Thursday. Football has been gut wrenching this year. I do think we can win both games though if fitz doesn't turn the ball over

CadaverDawg
11-14-2016, 12:21 PM
We aren't winning at Ole Miss.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 12:24 PM
We aren't winning at Ole Miss.

We weren't winning vs aTm 2 weeks ago either. Definitely not guaranteeing a win, but I think we have around a 40% chance of pulling upset bc they can't stop run.

defiantdog
11-14-2016, 12:32 PM
1. We get a UPig team at home that struggles to stop the run. Being at home is huge- as UPig hasn't played very well on the road. We play a good ballgame Saturday and we can grab a win

2. We grab that UPig win- we get to jump into the Egg Bowl against a green, back-up QB. A good plan and a team ready to play can get that game also.

6 wins to keep the bowl streak alive. Got to love that challenge and pressure as a coach and player

I appreciate the optimism, but it's difficult to share the same attitude after watching our guys give up last week.

Gomez09
11-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Why is everyone already conceding the egg? Yeah Shea looked good but Jeez..... I even had an ole miss fan yesterday tell me he thinks State has the avantage because we an run the ball..... Quit with this whoa is me bs attitude....

Political Hack
11-14-2016, 12:36 PM
We weren't winning vs aTm 2 weeks ago either. Definitely not guaranteeing a win, but I think we have around a 40% chance of pulling upset bc they can't stop run.

If we beat Arky, they'll come out fighting. If not, we may have some issues. We just can't let Freeze kick Mullen's ass pre-game again. They scored 3 times before we coukd blink last year. We've got to get them unsettled quickly. With a rookie QB, I hope we bring the house early and confuse the crap out of him.

BB30
11-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Ha Ha the attitude of some people from week to week cracks me up. I don't know how yall enjoy life as up and down as some on here are.

HoopsDawg
11-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I can't say I'm excited about the next 2 weeks. But we definitely have an opportunity to salvage the season. I think Cohen can really use these next 2 games to evaluate every aspect of the football program.

weblow
11-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Why is everyone already conceding the egg? Yeah Shea looked good but Jeez..... I even had an ole miss fan yesterday tell me he thinks State has the avantage because we an run the ball..... Quit with this whoa is me bs attitude....

Won't speak for everyone else but as for me, we haven't shown up with a solid game plan and played with any real effort on defense but once this entire season and that was aTm. So forgive me for being a little pessimistic.

Tripp McNeely
11-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Won't speak for everyone else but as for me, we haven't shown up with a solid game plan and played with any real effort on defense but once this entire season and that was aTm. So forgive me for being a little pessimistic.

South Carolina?

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 01:01 PM
Ha Ha the attitude of some people from week to week cracks me up. I don't know how yall enjoy life as up and down as some on here are.

This attitude has become the norm

Cooterpoot
11-14-2016, 01:03 PM
We've given up lots of points to terrible teams. Think about how weak our schedule is compared to UM. I think we'll have a shot against AR because it's at home but I don't expect to win the egg bowl. Lose to the hogs and we get blown out at UM.

tcdog70
11-14-2016, 01:05 PM
For Us to have a rat's ass chance to beat the dogassed Rebs we must first beat the Hogs. Lose to the Hogs and we stink it up against OM. I think we match up really well against Arkansas, but we have to bring pressure, that is how Arkansas has been getting pulverized. Let the QB sit in the pocket is a recipe for an ass whipping for Us. Run the Ball and throw it deep.

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 01:19 PM
For Us to have a rat's ass chance to beat the dogassed Rebs we must first beat the Hogs. Lose to the Hogs and we stink it up against OM. I think we match up really well against Arkansas, but we have to bring pressure, that is how Arkansas has been getting pulverized. Let the QB sit in the pocket is a recipe for an ass whipping for Us. Run the Ball and throw it deep.

That would be my plan for the next two weeks. The key will be Mullen. Does he coach scared or does he turn the dogs loose and let us go play. Including backing off of Sirmon and the D

CadaverDawg
11-14-2016, 01:21 PM

That was at home. That little bastard will light our slow secondary up, and when we finally cover them he'll run for the first down. Just saying, don't get your hopes up. The little douche has reenergized that team and program. He just has. People can ignore it if they want. Oh, and We aren't any good...which doesn't help in a road SEC game

msstate7
11-14-2016, 01:25 PM
That was at home. That little bastard will light our slow secondary up, and when we finally cover them he'll run for the first down. Just saying, don't get your hopes up. The little douche has reenergized that team and program. He just has. People can ignore it if they want. Oh, and We aren't any good...which doesn't help in a road SEC game

You seem to have some serious dislike for Patterson haha

I saw a guy that was really dynamic at times and a turnover waiting to happen at other times.

Remember how great Kenny Hill was gonna be after his sec opener? Not saying Patterson will do the same, but hill was a 5* too

BigEasyDawg
11-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Sometimes in football, outside of the Machine called the crimson tide, teams have seasons that do not go as planned.
This has been one of those seasons for Mississippi State. Change a handful of plays and we would be sitting at 7-3 right now and maybe 8-2.
However, the reality is we stand here at 4-6 and I am thankful that we atleast have a shot at a bowl right now. I believe in this team and I believe we will beat Ark.
I also believe that when we beat Ark, our team will be geared up for the Egg Bowl. They have more talent, but we have a shot. We are Mississippi State and we play best as underdogs. BRING IT ON, HAIL STATE, AND GO TO HELL OLE PISS

Jack Lambert
11-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Other then Dak being hurt for the Ark game this season feels like 2013 all over again.

BulldogBear
11-14-2016, 02:26 PM
That would be my plan for the next two weeks. The key will be Mullen. Does he coach scared or does he turn the dogs loose and let us go play. Including backing off of Sirmon and the D

^He gets it.

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Sometimes in football, outside of the Machine called the crimson tide, teams have seasons that do not go as planned.
This has been one of those seasons for Mississippi State. Change a handful of plays and we would be sitting at 7-3 right now and maybe 8-2.
However, the reality is we stand here at 4-6 and I am thankful that we atleast have a shot at a bowl right now. I believe in this team and I believe we will beat Ark.
I also believe that when we beat Ark, our team will be geared up for the Egg Bowl. They have more talent, but we have a shot. We are Mississippi State and we play best as underdogs. BRING IT ON, HAIL STATE, AND GO TO HELL OLE PISS

Give us DeRunnya, Fred Brown and last year's Graves and we are 8-2 right now. Mullen can NOT lose starting players early.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 02:35 PM
He is not your typical "green" QB. He went before 100K+ and wasnt rattled. I hate them SOB's as much as anybody but Shea is the real deal.

chef dixon
11-14-2016, 02:36 PM
We are going to need to score consistently throughout the game to keep up with and beat ole miss. I don't trust Fitz to be able to do that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 02:37 PM
remember 2 years ago up there when OM finally found a running game that had been absent up until then, expect something along those lines with their defense. This might be their last chance to win the Egg Bowl for awhile. They will go all out. We might even see Benito Jones at RB.**

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2016, 02:39 PM
We've given up lots of points to terrible teams. Think about how weak our schedule is compared to UM. I think we'll have a shot against AR because it's at home but I don't expect to win the egg bowl. Lose to the hogs and we get blown out at UM.

Yeah, this what I keep coming back to. OM has played the common opponents much better than we have. Exception, aTm.

I think Womack has Dan's number too.

thf24
11-14-2016, 02:39 PM
We are going to need to score consistently throughout the game to keep up with and beat ole miss. I don't trust Fitz to be able to do that.

If we're forced to primarily throw, no. If we only need to throw enough to keep the running lanes open for him and Aeris, I like our chances. We can't fall more than a touchdown behind or that's probably the game.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Other then Dak being hurt for the Ark game this season feels like 2013 all over again.

2013 I felt like we had a good team. We just played a tough schedule. The schedule isn't tough this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 02:47 PM
both home games...when will we take this on the road?

State82
11-14-2016, 03:12 PM

Yep. The egg ain't happening

Maroons
11-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Give us DeRunnya, Fred Brown and last year's Graves and we are 8-2 right now. Mullen can NOT lose starting players early.

Also Beni Brown, Walley, Cleveland, and Giles.

RocketDawg
11-14-2016, 04:12 PM

Yeah, he looked pretty good in his first college game, and that's worrisome. But that's exactly why it would be nice to beat them in Oxford. And if Vandy can somehow win, we could knock them out of a bowl, or at least a guaranteed bid, with a win.

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Also Beni Brown, Walley, Cleveland, and Giles.

Throw in us losing our DC, DL and DB coaches too. Mullen has had way too much turnover this year. Just can't have that happen when we are already at such a disadvantage everywhere else. I blame Mullen for all the turnover too. He allowed the fear of him leaving affect so many others within his program. It's his fault we are shorthanded this year. Even his signed class was 6-7 guys short cause he lost recruits in the 24th hour.

Jack Lambert
11-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Yeah, he looked pretty good in his first college game, and that's worrisome. But that's exactly why it would be nice to beat them in Oxford. And if Vandy can somehow win, we could knock them out of a bowl, or at least a guaranteed bid, with a win.

Vandy's defense is for real and they seem to play ole miss tough.

West Houston Dog
11-14-2016, 04:29 PM
our Chinese Fire Drill D could get embarassed in Oxford. Hopefully we can run the ball, control the clock and keep our D off the field. I dont want to see another 600 yd effort against us.

Got to win the next 2

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Throw in us losing our DC, DL and DB coaches too. Mullen has had way too much turnover this year. Just can't have that happen when we are already at such a disadvantage everywhere else. I blame Mullen for all the turnover too. He allowed the fear of him leaving affect so many others within his program. It's his fault we are shorthanded this year. Even his signed class was 6-7 guys short cause he lost recruits in the 24th hour.

To much turnover this year, how about since he got here.

Bothrops
11-14-2016, 04:43 PM
We will lose big to Ole Miss. Our defense will get embarrassed.

basedog
11-14-2016, 04:50 PM
What happened to all this "loser mentality" and "living in the past", it was said to think positive and start believing we can win and win big and compete?**

Hell Cheaters win a close one over a over hyped "Here we go again Sumlin meltdown" and now the Cheaters are gonna stomp us? I think not to stomp! Hell I ain't scared, it's certainly a game we cane win.

Let's beat the Hogs first and worry later, I see we are a 1 to 1 1/2 point favorite.

BB30
11-14-2016, 04:52 PM
He is not your typical "green" QB. He went before 100K+ and wasnt rattled. I hate them SOB's as much as anybody but Shea is the real deal.

Eh Kenny trill lit up a top 10 USC team at the time in front of a very raucous USC crowd. Turns out USC sucked that year. The same can be said for A and M they just are not very good and somehow crash and burn every season they just made it a little further before the crash this time. It will be interesting to see how he does against vandy. Vandy has a decent defense and can run the football. If he lights Vandy up for 350-400 yds IMO that will be more impressive than what he did against A and M. People seem to forget Fitz had a pretty good day against that A and M defense as well. And if we had capitalized on some red zone possessions the game would not have been close.

Percho
11-14-2016, 04:53 PM
If we beat Arky, they'll come out fighting. If not, we may have some issues. We just can't let Freeze kick Mullen's ass pre-game again. They scored 3 times before we coukd blink last year. We've got to get them unsettled quickly. With a rookie QB, I hope we bring the house early and confuse the crap out of him.

Must keep him in the middle of the field when we bring the house.

Big4Dawg
11-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah, this what I keep coming back to. OM has played the common opponents much better than we have. Exception, aTm.

I think Womack has Dan's number too.

And LSU

yjnkdawg
11-14-2016, 05:01 PM

I believe that was when "somebody" stayed out of Sirmon's hair and let him coach. I think the players like the aggressive style of play and not the bend don' break, bandaid, play not to lose, or whatever you call it.

bulldawg28
11-14-2016, 05:21 PM

I agree

RezDog7
11-14-2016, 05:41 PM
For any of you TWD fans, Mullen is Rick and Freeze is Negan and Negan is about to put his d**k down Mullen's throat and make him say thank you.

RezDog7
11-14-2016, 05:50 PM
To add, our defense has been a complete embarrassment. I'm 38 and I guarantee I could show more effort than anybody else on our defense. Maybe only Lewis plays for with effort and anger. The offense has shown signs of being decent at times but I truly believe only Fitz knows who is throwing to at times. I don't know what the answer is but our defense is as soft as wet baby diaper.

TimberBeast
11-14-2016, 06:44 PM

That should have been the game plan all season. If so we are trying to figure out which bowl game we go to rather than if we make one at all.

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 07:18 PM

No defensive coaches want to work with Mullen he doesnt let them do their jobs. Idk what its gonna take for people to realize, David Turner who loves MSU so much that hes been here twice got Jeffrey Simmons committed and still left being our DL coach to go coach just DTs at A&M. Wake up folks

msstate7
11-14-2016, 07:25 PM
No defensive coaches want to work with Mullen he doesnt let them do their jobs. Idk what its gonna take for people to realize, David Turner who loves MSU so much that hes been here twice got Jeffrey Simmons committed and still left being our DL coach to go coach just DTs at A&M. Wake up folks
So, what's the difference in salary here for turner vs at aTm?

I thought turner left in some part bc he was being passed over for DC

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 07:34 PM

Our defensive coordinators are so bad that Texas, Florida and Miami have all hired them away from us. Why would any other defensive coach want to follow that trend with Mullen?

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 07:37 PM
So, what's the difference in salary here for turner vs at aTm?

I thought turner left in some part bc he was being passed over for DC

Take a step back and look how many good football coaches and good recruiters have left our program from the defensive side of the football. It's kind of sobering to see how many have moved on and there is really just one common denominator. Also don't believe everything you hear, especially from our own.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Take a step back and look how many good football coaches and good recruiters have left our program from the defensive side of the football. It's kind of sobering to see how many have moved on and there is really just one common denominator. Also don't believe everything you hear, especially from our own.

How many have left for lesser or equal programs or less money?

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 07:42 PM

Diaz went from the SEC west to the big 12, then back to SEC to ACC. Turner came here and left twice, Collins made a lateral move. God knows where Chris Wilson is. Whos head will the Mullen sheep want next

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Diaz went from the SEC west to the big 12, then back to SEC to ACC. Turner came here and left twice, Collins made a lateral move. God knows where Chris Wilson is. Whos head will the Mullen sheep want next

SEC West to TEXAS. Collins made a lateral move to FLORIDA?!! Haha they didn't leave to coach at Iowa St. and Syracuse. Unbelievable you typed that out and left it.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 07:48 PM

Texas > state
Miami > state
Florida > state
aTm > state

You really think we're a better job than those schools? We pay assistants less than all. We have 1 conference championship ever... in 1941!

Thick
11-14-2016, 07:49 PM
You guys are forgetting another big advantage that they have...Wunderlich. We have Graves, so if it comes down to 3 or less to win it, we are toast!

msstate7
11-14-2016, 07:51 PM
You guys are forgetting another big advantage that they have...Wunderlich. We have Graves, so if it comes down to 3 or less to win it, we are toast!
Punter too

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm not going sit here and split hairs with you but those guys were looking to get out and money wasn't the only reason. You can continue to stick your head in the sand but what's real is real.

archdog
11-14-2016, 07:52 PM

Maybe SC? Come on dude.

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Texas > state
Miami > state
Florida > state
aTm > state

You really think we're a better job than those schools? We pay assistants less than all. We have 1 conference championship ever... in 1941!

Damn. You guys would give your left nut for Dan Mullen. I really believe that. They didnt leave to be HCs they left to be coordinators or in Turners case he left to coach part of the position he was coaching all of here. Mullen is a hard guy to work for

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 07:57 PM
SEC West to TEXAS. Collins made a lateral move to FLORIDA?!! Haha they didn't leave to coach at Iowa St. and Syracuse. Unbelievable you typed that out and left it.

We have a similar record to UF recently if not better till this year. Going from DC to DC isnt a big step up in my opinion. Is it a better job? Yeah probably but still. Mullen has lost every DC hes ever had. We are not getting what we are paying for with him. Top 15 national salary for 4-6

msstate7
11-14-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm not going sit here and split hairs with you but those guys were looking to get out and money wasn't the only reason. You can continue to stick your head in the sand but what's real is real.

Nice pivot, but you didn't name 1 coach that left for a lesser or even equal job

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Nice pivot, but you didn't name 1 coach that left for a lesser or even equal job

Yall do realize that even Mullen himself admitted to backing off of sirmon vs A&M. Hes telling you he has been micromanaging our defense and you still dont believe it

msstate7
11-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Yall do realize that even Mullen himself admitted to backing off of sirmon vs A&M. Hes telling you he has been micromanaging our defense and you still dont believe it

Never said I didn't believe anything... just saying coaches aren't jumping ship to go to Kansas or directional schools. They're leaving for better jobs

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Never said I didn't believe anything... just saying coaches aren't jumping ship to go to Kansas or directional schools. They're leaving for better jobs

They're leaving because Mullen wont let them do their jobs.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 08:17 PM
They're leaving because Mullen wont let them do their jobs.

Did Diaz come back for the same reason?

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 08:25 PM
We have a similar record to UF recently if not better till this year. Going from DC to DC isnt a big step up in my opinion. Is it a better job? Yeah probably but still. Mullen has lost every DC hes ever had. We are not getting what we are paying for with him. Top 15 national salary for 4-6

How many Florida DC's have become FBS head coaches in the last ten years?

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:26 PM

He came back to Mullen to get into a power 5 conference. Then proceeded to haul ass to Miami. Mullen was about to go with him till UGA fired Richt

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 08:26 PM

Ok , Melvin was our key to recruiting in MS had enough of Mullen, Malzon needs a guy to inside ms and knows Melvin wants out there goes Melvin. David Turner leaves in 2010 to go to work for Jokers Phillips. Manny comes back from La Tech to MSU in early 2015 , says he's here for the long haul, he buys a lot right next to Starkville County Club hires a builder and prep work for the house starts then suddenly stops mid season, long before Mark Rickt is even a thought in the search at Miami, he was looking to get out again already. Whether or not guys leave for better gigs or not really has no bearing on things none of them were failing at there jobs and coaching is a very small fraternity, they network their asses off when they are looking to get to fvck out and they did.

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:27 PM
How many Florida DC's have become FBS head coaches in the last ten years?

Fair point but it still doesnt excuse losing the majority of your defensive staff every year but keeping the same shitty crew on offense

msstate7
11-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Ok , Melvin was our key to recruiting in MS had enough of Mullen, Malzon needs a guy to inside ms and knows Melvin wants out there goes Melvin. David Turner leaves in 2010 to go to work for Jokers Phillips. Manny comes back from La Tech to MSU in early 2015 , says he's here for the long haul, he buys a lot right next to Starkville County Club hires a builder and prep work for the house starts then suddenly stops mid season, long before Mark Rickt is even a thought in the search at Miami, he was looking to get out again already. Whether or not guys leave for better gigs or not really has no bearing on things none of them were failing at there jobs and coaching is a very small fraternity, they network their asses off when they are looking to get to fvck out and they did.

So turner left for an equal program, but came back too. That's 1 lateral move.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 08:33 PM
He came back to Mullen to get into a power 5 conference. Then proceeded to haul ass to Miami. Mullen was about to go with him till UGA fired Richt

Diaz came here to get to a better program. He then left us to get to a better program. Once he was fired and started back at a lesser program, he came back to us (better program). Diaz then left us for a better program. Seems manny is looking to get to the best program he can

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Diaz came here to get to a better program. He then left us to get to a better program. Once he was fired and started back at a lesser program, he came back to us (better program). Diaz then left us for a better program. Seems manny is looking to get to the best program he can

Haha Im done. We will just have to agree to disagree

msstate7
11-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Haha Im done. We will just have to agree to disagree
Yeah, I don't think we're getting anywhere haha

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 08:37 PM
He came back to Mullen to get into a power 5 conference.

Name me the Power 5 conferences please

Homedawg
11-14-2016, 08:40 PM

David turner loves ms state so much because we gave him a job twice. And he left twice. Thanks for Simmons and good luck but who cares.

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Name me the Power 5 conferences please

SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12. Dont miss your Mullen fan club meeting

Homedawg
11-14-2016, 08:42 PM

Ummmmm Wilson, who left for a lesser job but was getting fired. So there's him, I guess. So none....

Homedawg
11-14-2016, 08:43 PM

Collins made a lateral move? Dear Lord are you from Oxford???

GTHOM
11-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Collins made a lateral move? Dear Lord are you from Oxford???

Nah. I will be at the game saturday hoping Mullen can pull it off and let his coaches coach

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 08:47 PM
SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12. Dont miss your Mullen fan club meeting

Haha I give Mullen plenty of shit. Just ask Liverpool

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;650837]So turner left for an equal program, but came back too. That's 1 lateral move.[/QUOTE

I know things are slow in Nesoba county but damn dude take off those maroon colored glasses once and a while.

Melvin lat moved to work for an unproven coach with exactly one year of head coaching experience, go to a team that was coming off 2-9 the season before. Melvin lasted a three years I think and got processed because he couldn't out bid Frezus and didn't have any big pulls for Auburn.

Manny left the SEC west got to a team in the ACC with a great history but hasn't been relevant in this century has zero fan base playes to hundreds for home games and has done very little in the last ten years other than be on probation.

David Turner left this time to go to a A&M to work for a coach that was on the hot seat when the season began and is on his way out now, he didn't leave to jump into a very stable situation and he knew it. If you don't believe me that Sumlin was on the hot seat I've got a number of a guy in Houston that I have done a good bit of consulting for, he was in the box with Bush 1 Saturday night. I'd say he's really well connected there.

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Whose the DC at aTm though? Don't you think Turner would be interested in learning from that guy even if it's for only one year.

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Whose the DC at aTm though? Don't you think Turner would be interested in learning from that guy even if it's for only one year.

David is a really good and very well respected coach and a huge loss for us, I don't think working for John Chavis for one year is going to improve his resume.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;650837]So turner left for an equal program, but came back too. That's 1 lateral move.[/QUOTE

I know things are slow in Nesoba county but damn dude take off those maroon colored glasses once and a while.

Melvin lat moved to work for an unproven coach with exactly one year of head coaching experience, go to a team that was coming off 2-9 the season before. Melvin lasted a three years I think and got processed because he couldn't out bid Frezus and didn't have any big pulls for Auburn.

Manny left the SEC west got to a team in the ACC with a great history but hasn't been relevant in this century has zero fan base playes to hundreds for home games and has done very little in the last ten years other than be on probation.

David Turner left this time to go to a A&M to work for a coach that was on the hot seat when the season began and is on his way out now, he didn't leave to jump into a very stable situation and he knew it. If you don't believe me that Sumlin was on the hot seat I've got a number of a guy in Houston that I have done a good bit of consulting for, he was in the box with Bush 1 Saturday night. I'd say he's really well connected there.

Look at Miami's history. Look at their location (place to live). Look at the talent pool there vs Starkville. Maybe I'm not the only one wearing maroon colored glasses. Oh and isn't Miami home for manny?

aTm is a better job than us... it just is. aTm is also top 5 in the country for assistant coach pay. Didn't turner in part leave bc he was being passed over as DC here?

DeviousDawg
11-14-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm feeling really good about the Arkansas game. Mullen has Berts number, we match up really well against them and it's at home under the lights. We will see what happens in the Egg, need to see how we play against Arkansas and how Shea plays against Vandy before I can get a good feel on that game.

Todd4State
11-14-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm feeling really good about the Arkansas game. Mullen has Berts number, we match up really well against them and it's at home under the lights. We will see what happens in the Egg, need to see how we play against Arkansas and how Shea plays against Vandy before I can get a good feel on that game.

I’m expecting shootouts in both, but I think we have a decent chance at winning both based on statistics. Of course, you can’t always go off of statistics and I think turnovers are always an event that is a wild card that can skew a prediction one way or the other.

I’m expecting to win Arkansas and Ole Miss to be like Kentucky to be honest.

yjnkdawg
11-14-2016, 09:31 PM
I hope the team doesn't bus over to Oxford right before the game. Jackie S. said that can make a team sluggish

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Coursesuper;650861]

Look at Miami's history. Look at their location (place to live). Look at the talent pool there vs Starkville. Maybe I'm not the only one wearing maroon colored glasses. Oh and isn't Miami home for manny?

aTm is a better job than us... it just is. aTm is also top 5 in the country for assistant coach pay. Didn't turner in part leave bc he was being passed over as DC here?

I wish I could sell MSU bullshat like Baghdad Bobby I'd get rich. "Manny went home" that one was rich, "Turner left because he was passed over for D.C." Wrong again he was working his way out the same time Sirmon was working his way in.

Now that Miami is in a conference where they can't set their own schedule, all be it an ACC schedule they won't return to prominence as a program. Where do you think the best players from south Florida are going now, Ohio State, Alabama, UF Michigan, that ship has sailed for Miami.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;650870]

I wish I could sell MSU bullshat like Baghdad Bobby I'd get rich. "Manny went home" that one was rich, "Turner left because he was passed over for D.C." Wrong again he was working his way out the same time Sirmon was working his way in.

Now that Miami is in a conference where they can't set their own schedule, all be it an ACC schedule they won't return to prominence as a program. Where do you think the best players from south Florida are going now, Ohio State, Alabama, UF Michigan, that ship has sailed for Miami.

Miami has #14 class right now with 5 players from Miami.

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=Coursesuper;650882]

Miami has #14 class right now with 5 players from Miami.

Google is your friend I see. Now your just changing the fvcking narrative trying to shoot holes in what I've said with a bullshat stat that means exactly dick. Your either a lawyer or a dumbass I can't tell I give up you will never see things as they really are, you are as delusional as those clowns on Nafoom. You are going to stay at this until you have the last word so have at it big guy.

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 10:05 PM

To me it seemed obvious that Diaz wanted to get back to the top-level of CFB. Not many HCs would've given him the chance. He also was coming to MSU after the 5 weeks at #1 with a pretty stout Collins led D.

That's just IMO. Also IMO it's a little combination of both. I do think Collins couldn't get out of town fast enough. FL was maybe a better job but I wouldn't say tremendously so and, if I recall correctly, he left for essentially the same pay.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;650892]

Google is your friend I see. Now your just changing the fvcking narrative trying to shoot holes in what I've said with a bullshat stat that means exactly dick. Your either a lawyer or a dumbass I can't tell I give up you will never see things as they really are, you are as delusional as those clowns on Nafoom. You are going to stay at this until you have the last word so have at it big guy.

You seem mad...

You said top players weren't staying home in Miami, so I looked on 247. Oh and BTW, right now Miami has the #2 class nationally for '18 with 5 of their 7 commits from Miami

Dawg61
11-14-2016, 10:13 PM
Diaz's dad was the mayor of Miami at one point.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 10:16 PM
To me it seemed obvious that Diaz wanted to get back to the top-level of CFB. Not many HCs would've given him the chance. He also was coming to MSU after the 5 weeks at #1 with a pretty stout Collins led D.

That's just IMO. Also IMO it's a little combination of both. I do think Collins couldn't get out of town fast enough. FL was maybe a better job but I wouldn't say tremendously so and, if I recall correctly, he left for essentially the same pay.

You say Diaz came back in part bc Collins left us a good defense. How much more of a defense did muschamp leave at Florida?

"Florida was maybe a better job..."? Come on dawgday... you for real?

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 10:21 PM
You say Diaz came back in part bc Collins left us a good defense. How much more of a defense did muschamp leave at Florida?

No. But I am saying he saw getting to the upper tier of CFB could be done at MSU. And my main point is Dan didn't have many options on such short notice after Collins bolted and Diaz was very glad to get the opportunity again in a Power 5 conference.

Sure Muschamp left a good D. But McE doesn't blame a loss publicly on Collins either. Hopefully Dan has learned from that and I think has been patient this year and maybe learned the ultimate lesson, let your coordinators coordinate.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Speaking of Miami, we just offered Miami commit WaynmonSneed (http://247sports.com/Player/Waynmon-Steed-77963)

msstate7
11-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Speaking of Miami, we just offered Miami commit WaynmonSneed (http://247sports.com/Player/Waynmon-Steed-77963)

I really hope this is one Miami player that doesn't stay at home. Nice offer list... get him, dunning, and gay and this will be a very nice LB class

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 10:27 PM
He recently found out that he played a majority of his senior season with a torn ACL!!! How does that happen?!!

Homedawg
11-14-2016, 10:28 PM

Pay has nothing to do with fla being a better job. Is that hard to see?? Fla>ms state. Period.

msstate7
11-14-2016, 10:29 PM
He recently found out that he played a majority of his senior season with a torn ACL!!! How does that happen?!!

So, he's certainly a RS next season. Is Miami telling him to look around?

dawgday166
11-14-2016, 10:32 PM
Pay has nothing to do with fla being a better job. Is that hard to see?? Fla>ms state. Period.

Well ... yea. But FL wasn't that much before Spurrier. Better than us but not by a ton. I've read within last year or two their facilities are really run down, but I don't know for sure.

If you have a good working relationship and don't publicly humiliate your coordinators that might could cause them to pause a little before taking that job. Especially for essentially the same pay.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2016, 10:33 PM
He is set to enroll at Miami in January. Supposed to have surgery early December. Says Louisville, Cal and Us are still on him. He is likely still Miami bound. I just found it interesting that we offered him so late. Maybe IYOK could provide more info on him.

dawgoneyall
11-14-2016, 10:37 PM

We won't bring pressure. For some reason that is not in Mullen's playbook.

Coursesuper
11-14-2016, 10:42 PM

It's easy my kid just went through this it's not like college football , kid gets hurt in practice or a game, trainer ices them up and they check them the next day. Then they are sent to the doc for the first time X-ray and initial exam are done then the knee is drained and a shot is given and they tell the family and kid see if you can go in a few days. Only if the kid can't go is an MRI scheduled to see what is actually going on, then surgery to repair the knee.