PDA

View Full Version : LF or Zek Elliot?

msstate7
11-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Zek avg'd 6.7 per carry in college.
LF has avg'd 6.3 per carry so far.

Zek = 3,961 yds, 43 td
LF = 3,790 yds, 40 td (incomplete)

I know, I know... Zek faced big10 defenses. Well there is this....

Zek vs bama -- 20 carries 230 yds 2 td

dawgday166
11-13-2016, 07:52 PM

Zek = 3,961 yds, 43 td

Zeke. Faster and lower center of gravity.

ETA: In LF's defense he doesn't have a passing game that Bama has to respect.

BeardoMSU
11-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Zeke. He is the definition of a bowling ball. And, he has top end speed, evident in him outrunning safties and corners after the catch.

msstate7
11-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Zeke. Faster and lower center of gravity.

ETA: In LF's defense he doesn't have a passing game that Bama has to respect.
Zek was issuing piggyback rides to bama defenders all night in that playoff game. He was the best player on that field

bulldawg28
11-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Zeke is still running against Bama. They're still butt hurt over that.

msbulldog
11-13-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm really glad Dak has Zeke! 2 rookies might take Dallas to the Super Bowl.

dawgoneyall
11-13-2016, 08:00 PM

Zek = 3,961 yds, 43 td

Exactly....LF probably won't be drafted. The NFL Will see the obvious.

msstate7
11-13-2016, 08:03 PM

Won't get drafted? Yeah, I didn't insinuate that at all. LF is a surefire 1st rounder. I don't think he's as good as Zek though. Who knows... maybe Zek and LF return the RB position to prominence in the NFL again. I'd like that... love running football

I seen it dawg
11-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Guice will be a better pro than Fournette

msstate7
11-13-2016, 08:11 PM

Love guice

GreenheadDawg
11-13-2016, 08:27 PM

I hope you're not serious.

EngDawg
11-13-2016, 09:03 PM

Surly you just forgot to put the ******

BeardoMSU
11-13-2016, 09:06 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/IQYq38ZRaQsAU/giphy.gif

bulldawg28
11-13-2016, 10:19 PM

???????? Based off what? The only way I see that happening is Fournette being a higher draft pick drafted by a loser Browns team.

dawgoneyall
11-14-2016, 12:22 AM
I hope you're not serious.

Didn't think that was needed. WRONG!!!!!
But he would be behind Holloway at MSU.

fader2103
11-14-2016, 09:30 AM
I think LF will be a serviceable running back for a few years in the league. I believe he will have a Mark Ingram type career.

louisvilledawg
11-14-2016, 09:46 AM

Hot taek

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2016, 09:50 AM
This is a really good question.

I'm gonna take Zeke because along with Dallas' OL, QB, & Zeke's tool set, I just don't no how much better LF could possibly be. So the odds are that Zeke is better by default.

That being said, I think some are under appreciating LF due to him battling injuries & having no QB to take the pressure off. LF is a damn good. I do have concerns about his durability though because every time he runs the ball he initiates a high speed car wreck with defenders.

HSVDawg
11-14-2016, 10:03 AM
Personally I think Fournette has a good chance of fizzling out in the NFL much like Hershel Walker, Darren McFadden, and several other "once in a generation" RB's from the SEC. That has an even better chance of happening if he gets drafted early to a team with a poor OL and supporting cast (like the Browns, etc.). Scouts have already expressed major concerns about his durability and how much mileage he already has on the odometer from the offense that LSU runs. Zeke is far and away the best choice IMO. In an absolute best case scenario, Fournette could match Zeke's production but it's hard to believe he could exceed it.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-14-2016, 10:39 AM
I think Fournette is the better back but it's going to be next to impossible for him to come into a situation as good as Zeke has with Dallas. A lot of times success esp for a RB is tied into which team you go to. Dallas was not a typical top 5 in the draft team & Zeke is reaping the rewards. I'd love to see Fournette fall to someone like the Raiders with their OL. I know that's not probable but teams like the Redskins or Giants he would do well there IMO.

HoopsDawg
11-14-2016, 10:42 AM
I think Fournette is the better back but it's going to be next to impossible for him to come into a situation as good as Zeke has with Dallas. A lot of times success esp for a RB is tied into which team you go to. Dallas was not a typical top 5 in the draft team & Zeke is reaping the rewards. I'd love to see Fournette fall to someone like the Raiders with their OL. I know that's not probable but teams like the Redskins or Giants he would do well there IMO.

This is true. I always think about Moulds having to suffer in Buffalo for all those year whereas Marvin Harrison makes the HOF in Indy with Peyton.

lamont
11-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Zeke has the benefit of playing for maybe the best OL in football. So does Dak obviously and it's been critical to their success

I'll take Fournette

HSVDawg
11-14-2016, 01:40 PM
Zeke has the benefit of playing for maybe the best OL in football. So does Dak obviously and it's been critical to their success

I'll take Fournette

It really all depends on where he lands. A lot of teams are in need of a bellcow running back right now. Some of them have a good OL and supporting cast like Green Bay, NYG, Oakland, etc, but several others do not. If he goes to a team like Cleveland or Jacksonville you can very likely stick a fork in him.