PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Gump Edition

lamont
11-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Nothing really to talk about yesterday. We were completely outclassed in coaching and talent. When their TE drug our defender 5 yards on the 2nd play of the game to get the 1st down- you could see the game was over. We knew coming in that Mullen cant score on Saban- he never does.

Today I'm just going to rant about my frustrations.

I'm frustrated the leaders of this state did everything they could to deny education to the black population of Mississippi until change was forced upon them in the 1960's. We are still fighting to overcome that. Thanks guys

I'm frustrated the leaders of this state put the state school for Mississippi in the middle of ****ing nowhere- instead of putting it in the capital city where it belongs. Your lack of forethought caused permanent damage to the state of Mississippi and the city of Jackson, as well as guaranteed that our sports programs would have a permanent disadvantage. One can only imagine what Mississippi State University could have been had it been located in Madison.

I'm frustrated at the city of Starkville and its leaders for not creating a better town people want to visit until the last 10 years or so. Thanks for fighting progress for decades to contribute to our sports teams lagging behind.

I'm frustrated we dont recruit the OL and DL's better- especially OL. Its the backbone of your football team and the most important focus of recruiting. Our staff for years now somehow doesnt view it that way. If they did- we'd be better. There are more linemen out there that can play in states not named Miss, Alabama, and Louisiana. Check into that

I'm frustrated with our lack of speed.

I'm frustrated with our lack of playmakers.

I'm frustrated that we still had Holloway out there on the 1st play to give him a courtesy start. He didnt have to be the decoy on that play.

I'm frustrated with the number of drops at WR.

I'm frustrated that with 2 games to go- we have to win both to go bowling.

I'm frustrated that heading into next season we lose alot of linemen. We have struggled every season when we lost our Center the year before. I dont see that trend changing.

Screw it. I'm gonna have a beer and watch the Cowboys today.

In Sexton I Trust,

RP

basedog
11-13-2016, 11:57 AM
LOL, if your drinking today you didn't drink enough yesterday!

Madisonmd
11-13-2016, 12:13 PM
your list screams to the fact , we just don't have the athletes at enough positions.

TNDawg35
11-13-2016, 12:19 PM
Im frustrated Game of Thrones doesnt come back on til next summer....

basedog
11-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Im frustrated Game of Thrones doesnt come back on til next summer....

Vikings Nov 30.

TNDawg35
11-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Vikings Nov 30.

Oh snap. I forgot all about that show. I do like me some of that chick who is Rollos wife in France. Whatever her name is...

lamont
11-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Gimme Lagertha.

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2016/02/vikings_season4_cast_lagertha-E.jpeg

Dawgface
11-13-2016, 12:57 PM
I'm frustrated because I'm frustrated.

basedog
11-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Gimme Lagertha.

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2016/02/vikings_season4_cast_lagertha-E.jpeg

+1. Rep points

MarketingBully
11-13-2016, 02:01 PM
What does this rant accomplish? Absolutely nothing...

Todd4State
11-13-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm frustrated that these problems have persisted for awhile now and nothing has been done about it. Thanks Scott!

In Cohen I trust.

defiantdog
11-13-2016, 02:04 PM
What does this rant accomplish? Absolutely nothing...
What does a response to any topic on any forums accomplish? Absolutely nothing.....

Coursesuper
11-13-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm frustrated that these problems have persisted for awhile now and nothing has been done about it. Thanks Scott!

In Cohen I trust.

For those looking for abrupt change to the status quo with in the Athletic Department, or for that matter any real change at all I'm sorry but you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Todd4State
11-13-2016, 02:29 PM
For those looking for abrupt change to the status quo with in the Athletic Department, or for that matter any real change at all I'm sorry but you are going to be sorely disappointed.

We'll see. I think Scott was too soft to do anything. I do know that Cohen stopped the team bus and chewed the baseball team out after we lost the Governor's Cup one year. If he stands up to Dan I'll take that at this point. And I don't care if Dan stays or not- but we better see some changes in the offseason with the coaching staff.

Dawgbite
11-13-2016, 02:50 PM
If Cohen rips Dan a new one or Dan laughs in his face and tells Cohen that he can buy him ten times over, we will never know it. Oh, there will be a lot of sources quoted on here and SPS but don't bet the double wide on what you read.

Percho
11-13-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm frustrated because I'm frustrated.

I'm frustrated that I can't get frustrated!

TNDawg35
11-13-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm frustrated that I can't get frustrated!

They make a pill for that...

Commercecomet24
11-13-2016, 04:01 PM
RP question for you about the Egg Bowl. I respect your opinion on schemes. I know our front 7 is better than our secondary but what we have run last couple years on defense hasn't worked. What if we played dime or even 7 dbs package all night with man press and played 2 or 3 deep safety and just dare them to run the ball. It's radical and I know the coaches care not about what I think but what do y'all think?

Todd4State
11-13-2016, 04:17 PM
RP question for you about the Egg Bowl. I respect your opinion on schemes. I know our front 7 is better than our secondary but what we have run last couple years on defense hasn't worked. What if we played dime or even 7 dbs package all night with man press and played 2 or 3 deep safety and just dare them to run the ball. It's radical and I know the coaches care not about what I think but what do y'all think?

I don't understand why teams play soft coverage against Ole Miss ever. They want you to only rush three or four so that they can throw it up with very little pressure.

sleepy dawg
11-13-2016, 04:31 PM
I can respect this post... What else can be said, or even needs to be said? We've said it all. We all know the state of things... the things of uncertainty, and the ones we know won't change. We all argue over the differences in how we interpret the state of our programs, but in the end we've said just about all that can be said at this point.
These are random things that Random just wanted to say today, and I enjoyed reading because I too am frustrated, even if mine are a little different, I get it.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't understand why teams play soft coverage against Ole Miss ever. They want you to only rush three or four so that they can throw it up with very little pressure.

I want to somehow force them into having to beat us running the ball because they have no run game. Play man press take away the bubble stuff 2 or 3 deep to take away the deep ball and make them run it. I'm just looking for anything lol

Bass Chaser
11-13-2016, 04:35 PM

So I shouldn't expect a coaching change for the OL after this season.

DogsofAnarchy
11-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Starkville is STILL resisting growth to the city and we just put guys back in charge of Athletics that once had their AD say, " we (MSU) are not prepared to expand because we don't have the infrastructure to support growth." This person said this in front 200 people at a meeting in COLUMBUS. If you are an MSU fan I'm now convinced we will never break the "developmental" title that our administration and now our head coach references so often.

Nothing really to talk about yesterday. We were completely outclassed in coaching and talent. When their TE drug our defender 5 yards on the 2nd play of the game to get the 1st down- you could see the game was over. We knew coming in that Mullen cant score on Saban- he never does.

Today I'm just going to rant about my frustrations.

I'm frustrated the leaders of this state did everything they could to deny education to the black population of Mississippi until change was forced upon them in the 1960's. We are still fighting to overcome that. Thanks guys

I'm frustrated the leaders of this state put the state school for Mississippi in the middle of ****ing nowhere- instead of putting it in the capital city where it belongs. Your lack of forethought caused permanent damage to the state of Mississippi and the city of Jackson, as well as guaranteed that our sports programs would have a permanent disadvantage. One can only imagine what Mississippi State University could have been had it been located in Madison.

I'm frustrated at the city of Starkville and its leaders for not creating a better town people want to visit until the last 10 years or so. Thanks for fighting progress for decades to contribute to our sports teams lagging behind.

I'm frustrated we dont recruit the OL and DL's better- especially OL. Its the backbone of your football team and the most important focus of recruiting. Our staff for years now somehow doesnt view it that way. If they did- we'd be better. There are more linemen out there that can play in states not named Miss, Alabama, and Louisiana. Check into that

I'm frustrated with our lack of speed.

I'm frustrated with our lack of playmakers.

I'm frustrated that we still had Holloway out there on the 1st play to give him a courtesy start. He didnt have to be the decoy on that play.

I'm frustrated with the number of drops at WR.

I'm frustrated that with 2 games to go- we have to win both to go bowling.

I'm frustrated that heading into next season we lose alot of linemen. We have struggled every season when we lost our Center the year before. I dont see that trend changing.

Screw it. I'm gonna have a beer and watch the Cowboys today.

In Sexton I Trust,

RP

fader2103
11-13-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm sexually frustrated. Having a newborn sucks!!!!

lamont
11-13-2016, 05:05 PM

We played alot of nickel and dime against them in 2013 and it worked well. They didnt have much of a running game last year- but ran all over us in Sville. I would certainly play a 5 man box against them with man under and help uptop. Force the young guy to make some reads. Got to be creative with the blizes and force his hand some where you want him to go with it

TNDawg35
11-13-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm sexually frustrated. Having a newborn sucks!!!!

Bwwaaahhhh!!! You think its just cause she/he is a newborn. It doesnt stop dude. Mine is 3 and killing me... Thank god for grandparents. By then tho the wife says, Oh well Im tired...

Holy shit... Im frustrated now!!!

msstate7
11-13-2016, 05:10 PM
We played alot of nickel and dime against them in 2013 and it worked well. They didnt have much of a running game last year- but ran all over us in Sville. I would certainly play a 5 man box against them with man under and help uptop. Force the young guy to make some reads. Got to be creative with the blizes and force his hand some where you want him to go with it

Last year, they were 7th in sec in rushing yards a game, but 3rd in sec in yards per rush. They were pretty good running the ball last season.

This year, they're 13th in sec in rushing yards a game and 11th in rushing yards per attempt

Commercecomet24
11-13-2016, 05:13 PM

Appreciate the input. I rewatched the 2013 game and saw that and that's what gave me that thought. I couldn't figure out why we went away from it the last 2 years cause what we run the last 2 years sucked$