PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing to me....

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2016, 12:53 AM
We beat the same A&M team the Confederates did. Last week my Facebook was full of MSU people trying to make that win look like less than it was. This week it's full of Confederates talking about what a great victory they had today. I just don't get it. We will never get past being poor old whooped down MSU till we stop BEING poor old whooped down MSU.

msstate7
11-13-2016, 12:56 AM
And the same state fans that totally discount our win over aTm use an OM win over aTm as the reason we have no shot at beating OM. One thing OM has right... we truly are little brother

I_Spy
11-13-2016, 01:09 AM
They need positivity in their lives ..what was their preseason rank?

Patterson obviously has talent but he was facing a backup qb, a team that couldn't stop us defensively and lost more players as that game progressed. OM receivers made more than 1 outstanding catch and believe me I thought about all our 'dropped' balls but like that matters when you give up 50. We all know OM will bust the long right sideline move with stringfellow ...as their bread butter

I_Spy
11-13-2016, 01:10 AM
They won't run ..

MarketingBully
11-13-2016, 01:31 AM
They need positivity in their lives ..what was their preseason rank?

Patterson obviously has talent but he was facing a backup qb, a team that couldn't stop us defensively and lost more players as that game progressed. OM receivers made more than 1 outstanding catch and believe me I thought about all our 'dropped' balls but like that matters when you give up 50. We all know OM will bust the long right sideline move with stringfellow ...as their bread butter

I agree with you.

Todd4State
11-13-2016, 01:40 AM
State fans are really bad about that. Moreso than other fanbases. A good win is a good win. For some reason if you are a MSU fan it’s “cool” to be “rational” and not a homer. I did not see anyone downgrading our win over A&M last week at least in my circle of friends but I don’t doubt that it happened.

It comes down to pride- and I’m talking about good pride. Like we have in the baseball program. If the baseball team loafed around and we had glaring recruiting weaknesses and problems a lot of our fans would call out whomever the coach is. We on the other hand accept it and don’t dare to make a change because we’re worried about what others might think and because we don’t think we could possibly do better.

It’s like we almost can’t believe that we can have a consistent winner in football. Maybe others were like me growing up when my parents (I was a child in the 80’s) told me about MSU that we were really good in baseball but not very good in football and Ole Miss was good in football and not so good at baseball. But even then I looked back at the records and we were a pretty consistent 4-5 win type team for most of the 80’s which is not good but in my mind my parents made it sound like Tech and 10 was the norm for us. I was also shocked to read that Archie Manning basically led Ole Miss to 8 win seasons and had more INT’s than TD’s when I was able to research it as I got older and wasn’t going off of complete hearsay.

I don’t know what the answer is other than to demand the same type of excellence from the football program that we demand from our other sports. We need to demand excellence in terms of energy, emotion, and hustle every game win or lose, we need to demand excellence in recruiting as close to our ceiling as possible- top 15-20 classes in football every year, and we need to demand that we don’t have a country club atmosphere on the football staff and that micromanagement of the coordinators is not acceptable. People can say what they want about assistant salaries but that’s only a small part of the equation and I have a hard time believing that MSU won’t remedy that at some point as we have with things like facilities and game day atmosphere, along with scheduling smarter than we have at any point in time in our football history. We’re a consistent bowl team and while yes, it is easier to make bowls nowadays I don’t think that should be overlooked either because we have a longer bowl streak than some pretty good SEC teams like Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, and Tennessee among others.

But the answer to this is to have pride in MSU football and demand excellence but I’m not sure that I have all the answers as to how to get there other than it takes time and I think that a lot of the success that Jackie and Dan have had have done wonders for our program in that regard. I think a few changes with the coaching staff will also do wonders for us as well as long as we commit to it and Dan is willing to change a few things.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2016, 02:12 AM
State fans are really bad about that. Moreso than other fanbases. A good win is a good win. For some reason if you are a MSU fan it’s “cool” to be “rational” and not a homer. I did not see anyone downgrading our win over A&M last week at least in my circle of friends but I don’t doubt that it happened.

It comes down to pride- and I’m talking about good pride. Like we have in the baseball program. If the baseball team loafed around and we had glaring recruiting weaknesses and problems a lot of our fans would call out whomever the coach is. We on the other hand accept it and don’t dare to make a change because we’re worried about what others might think and because we don’t think we could possibly do better.

It’s like we almost can’t believe that we can have a consistent winner in football. Maybe others were like me growing up when my parents (I was a child in the 80’s) told me about MSU that we were really good in baseball but not very good in football and Ole Miss was good in football and not so good at baseball. But even then I looked back at the records and we were a pretty consistent 4-5 win type team for most of the 80’s which is not good but in my mind my parents made it sound like Tech and 10 was the norm for us. I was also shocked to read that Archie Manning basically led Ole Miss to 8 win seasons and had more INT’s than TD’s when I was able to research it as I got older and wasn’t going off of complete hearsay.

I don’t know what the answer is other than to demand the same type of excellence from the football program that we demand from our other sports. We need to demand excellence in terms of energy, emotion, and hustle every game win or lose, we need to demand excellence in recruiting as close to our ceiling as possible- top 15-20 classes in football every year, and we need to demand that we don’t have a country club atmosphere on the football staff and that micromanagement of the coordinators is not acceptable. People can say what they want about assistant salaries but that’s only a small part of the equation and I have a hard time believing that MSU won’t remedy that at some point as we have with things like facilities and game day atmosphere, along with scheduling smarter than we have at any point in time in our football history. We’re a consistent bowl team and while yes, it is easier to make bowls nowadays I don’t think that should be overlooked either because we have a longer bowl streak than some pretty good SEC teams like Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, and Tennessee among others.

But the answer to this is to have pride in MSU football and demand excellence but I’m not sure that I have all the answers as to how to get there other than it takes time and I think that a lot of the success that Jackie and Dan have had have done wonders for our program in that regard. I think a few changes with the coaching staff will also do wonders for us as well as long as we commit to it and Dan is willing to change a few things.

That was well said! Excellent and pretty much sums it up. We have shown improvement in all our sports including women's sports whic we have traditionally ignored but now we have women's teams that are competing at high level. All that being said Dan has raised our program but the improvement must continue for us to get where we all want to be. Great post!