PDA

View Full Version : I think we have a good shot against the Pigs. However, I think OM

klong-dog
11-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Beats us by 2 Tds. I think Patterson will have a lot more confidence going in that game at home. We'll sit back and put no pressure on him, giving him lots of time to get easy completions. They're d front is talented enough to cause problems for us. 34-17 Bears.

He's already gaining a lot of confidence in this game, on the road, first start, in front of 107,000+ or whatever.

Maroonthirteen
11-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping my hunting plans for that day.

Pinto
11-12-2016, 10:35 PM
When the D doesn't provide outside containment while bringing the blitz it helps. Pressure and containment will break him.

Deep pass and read option were killing the rebs. A&M went away from it.

It's more of what A&M isn't now doing than what UM is now doing.

HSVDawg
11-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Beats us by 2 Tds. I think Patterson will have a lot more confidence going in that game at home. We'll sit back and put no pressure on him, giving him lots of time to get easy completions. They're d front is talented enough to cause problems for us. 34-17 Bears.

He's already gaining a lot of confidence in this game, on the road, first start, in front of 107,000+ or whatever.

I honestly don't care that much. This season reached disappointment level long ago. If my choices are to face a true freshmen Shea Patterson in this year's Egg Bowl or still having to go up against a 4th year junior or 5th year senior Shea Patterson when we might actually be decent again, I'm taking this year's option every time.

msstate7
11-12-2016, 10:37 PM
I think fitz torches om's defense. I see a shootout that whichever team doesn't turn it over will win

Commercecomet24
11-12-2016, 10:37 PM
When the D doesn't provide outside containment while bringing the blitz it helps. Pressure and containment will break him.

Deep pass and read option were killing the rebs. A&M went away from it.

You nailed it. unm couldn't cover the deep ball or read option and they quit running them. Makes you scratch your head.

Liverpooldawg
11-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Muck Ole Fiss. And Sumlin is the worst coach in the SEC. it

klong-dog
11-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Excuse me, make it 41-17 in a couple weeks.

Reason2succeed
11-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Muck Ole Fiss. And Sumlin is the worst coach in the SEC. it

Uhh, no he isn't. Vanderbilt's coach is by far worse and so is Butch Jones at Tenn. You got the benefit of the doubt when your starting QB goes down in the middle of the year.

Dawgface
11-12-2016, 11:23 PM
I thought I read earlier in the day some saying Patterson couldn't run. Ha. We will have a tough time chasing him down.

Pinto
11-12-2016, 11:24 PM
That may happen but if A&M had stuck to what was working they would have won. UM never adjusted. A&M had one scoring drive in the second half it was read option, slant, and deep ball. UM is beatable. Blitz and outside contain Patterson.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2016, 11:30 PM
For some reason am went into a stall the second half, quit doing what worked on offense, went soft zone and quit pressuring. Sumlin blew that game.

Todd4State
11-12-2016, 11:34 PM
I thought I read earlier in the day some saying Patterson couldn't run. Ha. We will have a tough time chasing him down.

We have a tough time chasing down anyone not in concrete shoes.

Todd4State
11-12-2016, 11:35 PM
We all know Dan is going to play soft coverage all game long and Hevesey still has no clue how to block their stunts and slants.

NCDawg
11-12-2016, 11:50 PM
We all know Dan is going to play soft coverage all game long and Hevesey still has no clue how to block their stunts and slants.

I see no way we can stop this kid. We can't put enough pressure on him, and our DB's aren't going to be good enough to cover their W/R's.

Todd4State
11-13-2016, 12:40 AM
I see no way we can stop this kid. We can't put enough pressure on him, and our DB's aren't going to be good enough to cover their W/R's.

Yep. We're going to have to outscore them.

Bothrops
11-13-2016, 05:02 AM
We don't have the physicality to beat Ole Miss.

klong-dog
11-13-2016, 07:48 AM
Yep. We're going to have to outscore them.

And we shoot ourselves in the foot at least every other drive. Usually either stupid play calling or dropped or over thrown passes. Lol Patterson will make us more silly looking than MGK would have.

GTHOM
11-13-2016, 11:50 AM

We have a shot in that game if Mullen will let Sirmon do his thing and bring some pressure at the Sheavior. Our DL is better than their OL. Our problem is going to be coverage and tackling in space. Offensively if we can block we will control the game, we should be able to run all over their asses. Fitz will give them problems, I dont think they are very good in the secondary either. It will be close, I think the game rides on Mullen. Will he pull a classic Mullen and coach scared or let us go play

tcdog70
11-13-2016, 11:55 AM

Deep pass and read option were killing the rebs. A&M went away from it

The worst run defense in the SEC and A&M refused to run the ball. They are Stupid and deserve to lose.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2016, 12:53 PM
If the team that beat am last weekend shows up on both offense and defense we win both games if not we lose both and could lose badly.

yjnkdawg
11-13-2016, 01:15 PM
If the team that beat am last weekend shows up on both offense and defense we win both games if not we lose both and could lose badly.

Somebody needs to get out of some coaches' hair then, and let them call plays, and play who they think will give us a better chance to win, while he mostly manages the sidelines, among other HC responsibilities.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Somebody needs to get out of some coaches' hair then, and let them call plays, and play who they think will give us a better chance to win, while he mostly manages the sidelines, among other HC responsibilities.

Yep it worked really well last weekend. We should probably try it again.

Bass Chaser
11-13-2016, 01:46 PM
We don't have the physicality to beat Ole Miss.

I'm not sure we do for Arkansas either.

tireddawg
11-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Boo 17ing hoo. You guys kill me. Y'all act like he's a Heisman contender