PDA

View Full Version : Here comes Ohio state

msstate7
11-12-2016, 05:18 PM
They lost at penn state and struggled with northwestern the next week, but then caught fire last week...

62-3 over #10 Nebraska

42-3 at half today at Maryland (5-4)

Ohio state and Michigan is gonna be a great game. I think Ohio state wins and I think they can play with bama. I've been watching them a lot lately and really like their talent

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Comparing Urban to Saban is interesting to me.

I think Urban is the coach I'd choose to win one game & Saban is the coach I'd choose to run my program. Urban just can't produce the consistency that Saban can. Saban's teams dominate most every game they ever play, whereas Urban's teams slack off, have non-motivated weeks, get beat, & the BAM beat the hell out of everyone & win the NC.

msstate7
11-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Comparing Urban to Saban is interesting to me.

I think Urban is the coach I'd choose to win one game & Saban is the coach I'd choose to run my program. Urban just can't produce the consistency that Saban can. Saban's teams dominate most every game they ever play, whereas Urban's teams slack off, have non-motivated weeks, get beat, & the BAM beat the hell out of everyone & win the NC.

Meyer overall record = 162-28 (.853), at Ohio state (58-5), 3 titles in 15 years, 10-2 in bowls

Saban overall record = 200-60-1 (.766), at bama (110-18), 5 titles in 21 years, 10-8 in bowls

BayouDawg
11-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I think Ohio state can play with Bama. I don't know if they can win it but they can hang with them for sure. I've always liked Urban a lot. I haven't watched Michigan enough this year to have an opinion about them though

msstate7
11-12-2016, 05:38 PM
I think Ohio state can play with Bama. I don't know if they can win it but they can hang with them for sure. I've always liked Urban a lot. I haven't watched Michigan enough this year to have an opinion about them though

Michigan is good. I think they're a year away though... harbaugh vs Meyer is about to be the premier matchup in college football year-in, year-out

BayouDawg
11-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Michigan is good. I think they're a year away though... harbaugh vs Meyer is about to be the premier matchup in college football year-in, year-out

It makes you wonder if the SEC is about to start to decline a little if Saban stays for another 5 plus years. Top coaches may turn down an SEC job because they don't want to have to go through Bama every year to get to the playoffs.