PDA

View Full Version : 5-7

vv83
11-12-2016, 03:32 PM
If we win only one of the next two, can't you get into bowl games now with a 5-7 record?

TheRef
11-12-2016, 03:32 PM
If we win only one of the next two, can't you get into bowl games now with a 5-7 record?

Only if there are not enough 6-win teams to fill all of the bowls.

msudawg1200
11-12-2016, 04:19 PM

If there are not enough 6-6 teams then the 5-7 teams with the highest APR get selected. Right now it looks like at least 2 and as many as 8 5-7 teams might get chosen. I hate the fact that 5-7 teams can possibly go to bowls, but this year I wouldn't mind it for us to get extra practice. Now, where do we fall in APR? I know we had a 971 APR in football, but I don't know where that ranks.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2016, 04:31 PM
They only let in 5-7 teams if every single 6-6+ team is in a bowl and there are still spots available. And then the invites go by the APR rankings, no matter what the name of the team is. For example, if there's one last bid and 5-7 Louisiana Monroe has a better APR than 5-7 Notre Dame, then ULM gets the bowl and there's nothing the bowl sponsors can do about it.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2016, 04:40 PM
If there are not enough 6-6 teams then the 5-7 teams with the highest APR get selected. Right now it looks like at least 2 and as many as 8 5-7 teams might get chosen. I hate the fact that 5-7 teams can possibly go to bowls, but this year I wouldn't mind it for us to get extra practice. Now, where do we fall in APR? I know we had a 971 APR in football, but I don't know where that ranks.

Would love to go to a bowl as a 5-7 team. I know some will say that we don't deserve it & they are right, but, we need the practice.

Also consider this, we have a shit ton of early enrollees this year that will get to practice with the team during that time period. Think how much that could help going into the Spring & next Fall.

BB30
11-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Win the next two and we don't have to worry about it and I think that is a real possibility even after today.

dawg27
11-12-2016, 05:47 PM
You should not go to a bowl game with a losing record

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2016, 05:51 PM
You should not go to a bowl game with a losing record

Agree, but I'll take if they are giving it

Commercecomet24
11-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Would love to go to a bowl as a 5-7 team. I know some will say that we don't deserve it & they are right, but, we need the practice.

Also consider this, we have a shit ton of early enrollees this year that will get to practice with the team during that time period. Think how much that could help going into the Spring & next Fall.

Exactly! I would prefer to get in at 6-6 obviously but if we can get a bowl game at 5-7 I'll take it too. Our talent is in the younger guys and they need all the practice they can get. Couple with all the early enrollees and it would be tremendous for us!

MetEdDawg
11-12-2016, 06:34 PM
And let's be honest, we might not be a great team, but you've got to think this offense with Fitz running would punk some sorry team we would play.

BankerDog
11-12-2016, 06:41 PM
I'd rather our coaches actually have to get out and recruit. Looking at you Mullen and Gonzo.

Commercecomet24
11-12-2016, 06:45 PM
And let's be honest, we might not be a great team, but you've got to think this offense with Fitz running would punk some sorry team we would play.

I agree on that and our OL is playing much better. They actually have played well these last 2 weeks. Now if we could get our receivers to actually catch the football we might have something working. Fitz should've had a couple td throws today.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I agree on that and our OL is playing much better. They actually have played well these last 2 weeks. Now if we could get our receivers to actually catch the football we might have something working. Fitz should've had a couple td throws today.

Yeah we weren't going to win today but our WRs catching the football would have made it a lot more respectable. 38-17 or something like that. That unit has sucked this year.