PDA

View Full Version : How can we compete vs a semi-pro team.

Indndawg
11-12-2016, 02:35 PM
most of the SEC in not even close to Bama's league. Frustrating year after year

scottycameron
11-12-2016, 02:38 PM
most of the SEC in not even close to Bama's league. Frustrating year after year

The queers from oxfart do it every year. It's mental I guess.

DudyDawg
11-12-2016, 02:41 PM
0-0 last week in the fourth too. Kinda competitive

Maroonthirteen
11-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Yeah the LSU/Bama score was tight but that game could have went 12 quarters. LSU was not scoring.

dawgs
11-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Lsu is the only team in the conference that can go toe to toe with bama at most positions, but they just don't have a QB (still).

Honestly, if we came out with today's gameplan in 2014, I think we win that game. I was encouraged to see mullen's play calling in the first half, we just didn't execute. I'd much rather that be the case than playing it "safe" so we lose 21-3 in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the scoreboard.

RougeDawg
11-12-2016, 03:23 PM
You first of all have to actually believe you can win. Dan doesn't think we can and never has had our team ready for this game. Prove me wrong if you are able.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Lsu is the only team in the conference that can go toe to toe with bama at most positions, but they just don't have a QB (still).

Honestly, if we came out with today's gameplan in 2014, I think we win that game. I was encouraged to see mullen's play calling in the first half, we just didn't execute. I'd much rather that be the case than playing it "safe" so we lose 21-3 in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the scoreboard.

Agree with all of this.

I loved the play calling today as well. Just didn't have the horses at WR or the experience at QB to pull it off.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2016, 03:29 PM
You first of all have to actually believe you can win. Dan doesn't think we can and never has had our team ready for this game. Prove me wrong if you are able.

Agree in part, but I think there is more too it than that

BB30
11-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Play calling wasn't the issue we had a decent game plan and missed some opportunities to drops

AROB44
11-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Prove that you are right. You can't....it is just your opinion.

RougeDawg
11-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Prove that you are right. You can't....it is just your opinion.

Watch the games and you should have all the proof you need. Focus on the highest paid guy in maroon when they shoe him.

Bothrops
11-12-2016, 06:20 PM
OM had the receivers to stretch the field, and their coaches, no matter what anyone says about them, motivated that team to play Bama. We don't have either going for us.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2016, 06:36 PM
OM had the receivers to stretch the field, and their coaches, no matter what anyone says about them, motivated that team to play Bama. We don't have either going for us.

Agree on the receivers & the QB for that matter.

Also think Ole Miss practices & typically plays at a faster pace than us, which helps them handle the speed of Alabama. Alabama's speed takes us out of our comfort zone whereas I think Ole Miss is ok it.

If Alabama would allow us to practice against their backups, we'd fair much better

TaleofTwoDogs
11-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Even if Dak was playing today, I think the score would have been 42 - 17 Bama. We just don't have the talent, discipline, or winning mental attitude to beat Bama anytime soon. To change that, three steps need to happen 1) we have another 2014 season but play Bama at home and win, 2) the head coach works balls out on recruiting to take advantage of the momentum, 3) we stay on this wave of momentum and develop a winning attitude (swag). Unfortunately, we are back into the cellar dwelling MSU mode and it will be difficult (not impossible) to achieve #1 in this 3 step cycle.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2016, 11:29 PM
It's October Bama vs November Bama...big difference

MarketingBully
11-12-2016, 11:40 PM
With the recent upsets, I've changed my mind. Alabama will win the National Championship this year.