PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, I forgot how much I hate college bb officiating...

HoopsDawg
11-11-2016, 07:35 PM
already they have blown a block/charge and called 2 fouls that should be play ons. Tough to watch sometimes. There's not another sport anywhere that is determined game to game by the way it is officiated.

thf24
11-11-2016, 08:27 PM
The way I've heard it described so far this year, there's not supposed to be a "play on" anymore, which is insanely stupid. Any contact not explicitly and deliberately initiated by the ball handler is a foul. Pretty soon players are going to realize there's no reason not to wildly drive into their defender anytime the opportunity presents itself, because they'll probably be rewarded for it, and in response guys are just going to stop playing defense. No clue why the guys in charge can't see that calling games this way is anything but positive in any way.

Bothrops
11-11-2016, 08:30 PM
The NCAA bought into the pussification of America. I don't know how you can undo it now.

DownwardDawg
11-11-2016, 09:01 PM
The NCAA bought into the pussification of America. I don't know how you can undo it now.

I'll have President Trump look into this. There is no room in America for this wussification anymore. ***

MarketingBully
11-11-2016, 10:36 PM
The way I've heard it described so far this year, there's not supposed to be a "play on" anymore, which is insanely stupid. Any contact not explicitly and deliberately initiated by the ball handler is a foul. Pretty soon players are going to realize there's no reason not to wildly drive into their defender anytime the opportunity presents itself, because they'll probably be rewarded for it, and in response guys are just going to stop playing defense. No clue why the guys in charge can't see that calling games this way is anything but positive in any way.

No one else is calling it this way if you look at the other games BUT ours. It's extremely stupid and pretty soon refs won't call it this way but we got a really shitty shitty crew:

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-12-2016, 08:22 AM
It was poorly officiated for sure man !! Was hard to watch Live and of course I'm hoarse from yelling at the REFS...

sleepy dawg
11-12-2016, 08:56 AM
I didn't watch the game, but the officials are being told to call more fouls for contact. They're supposed to call all contact fouls. Basically you can't touch the guy with the ball anymore or they're going to call it.

maroonmania
11-12-2016, 09:18 AM
I didn't watch the game, but the officials are being told to call more fouls for contact. They're supposed to call all contact fouls. Basically you can't touch the guy with the ball anymore or they're going to call it.

Well given that last basket by Norfolk St. it appears the official have been told to deemphasize calling traveling with the basketball.

confucius say
11-12-2016, 09:36 AM
You can't play defense anymore and it sucks.