PDA

View Full Version : OT-Pest Control

bulldog2488
11-11-2016, 01:30 PM
So, I've been paying almost a 100 bucks every few months for the pest man to come spray at my house. I thought that was pretty steep of a price, so I started doing some research to see if I could do it myself for any cheaper. I figured if I could just get my hands on the product that is similar to what they use I could do a decent job. Anyway, I found a product on Amazon called Demand CS. Has anybody used this product or something similar to do pest control yourself?

TUSK
11-11-2016, 01:50 PM
So, I've been paying almost a 100 bucks every few months for the pest man to come spray at my house. I thought that was pretty steep of a price, so I started doing some research to see if I could do it myself for any cheaper. I figured if I could just get my hands on the product that is similar to what they use I could do a decent job. Anyway, I found a product on Amazon called Demand CS. Has anybody used this product or something similar to do pest control yourself?

Depending on your particular vermin enemies, it can very likely be done for much less than $100/month...

I've a very low tolerance for certain vermin "inside the wire" and probably don't spend $100 in 3-4 years... and I live in the woods...

if interested, tell me "who is the particular enemy?", and I could go on about how I defend the perimeter....

RBritt
11-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Positive Pest Control. Brookhaven, Ms. You can see their add on Last Chance U Seasom 1 when Co Lin beats them.

Boodawg
11-11-2016, 01:55 PM
I swear by Telstar P. Good for pretty much any insect as well as spiders. I also spray around house to help with mosquitoes. I have been very satisfied. I used to get bit by mosquitos every time I went outside. Now I only get bit when I visit the neighbors.

civildawg
11-11-2016, 02:01 PM
I swear by Telstar P. Good for pretty much any insect as well as spiders. I also spray around house to help with mosquitoes. I have been very satisfied. I used to get bit by mosquitos every time I went outside. Now I only get bit when I visit the neighbors.

Talstar P is what you should buy

turkish
11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
What controls roaches? And how are you guys applying the Talstar?

TUSK
11-11-2016, 02:07 PM
What controls roaches?

Boric Acid

bulldog2488
11-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Okay thanks for the advice on Talstar P. I will check it out. I've kind of watched the pest man when he has sprayed in the past and he made sure to get the points of entry like window seals, around the doors, etc. Any other areas I should focus on?

bulldog2488
11-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Depending on your particular vermin enemies, it can very likely be done for much less than $100/month...

I've a very low tolerance for certain vermin "inside the wire" and probably don't spend $100 in 3-4 years... and I live in the woods...

if interested, tell me "who is the particular enemy?", and I could go on about how I defend the perimeter....

Honestly, I don't know the specific names of some of them, but different types of spiders and cockroaches. I've seen a few beetles as well.

TUSK
11-11-2016, 02:11 PM
For armadillos, possums, raccoons, otters, beavers, woodchucks, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, stray cats, & small deer:

civildawg
11-11-2016, 02:13 PM
One gallon sprayer. It will control roaches

TUSK
11-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Honestly, I don't know the specific names of some of them, but different types of spiders and cockroaches. I've seen a few beetles as well.

I don't mind the occasional spider in my house, as long as the cobwebs aren't so noticeable... they absolutely SLAY everything...

But if you've skiddish family, that may not be feasible...

bulldog2488
11-11-2016, 02:14 PM
For armadillos, possums, raccoons, otters, beavers, woodchucks, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, stray cats, & small deer:

Haha! Now I do have a yellow/white Lab in the backyard and she keeps all the squirrels and birds out of the backyard thats for sure!

TUSK
11-11-2016, 02:15 PM
One gallon sprayer. It will control roaches

also, it's important to know what kinda roaches with which one is dealing... although I dislike all of them, I will burn my cabin and rebuild if the German Cockroach took me over...

RocketDawg
11-11-2016, 02:17 PM
The pest control people are licensed, and therefore can get products that you can't buy. So you may want to stick with the pros. I pay about $45/month so what you're paying isn't all that bad.

civildawg
11-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Here is the link http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/talstar-products-c-40.html

TUSK
11-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Haha! Now I do have a yellow/white Lab in the backyard and she keeps all the squirrels and birds out of the backyard thats for sure!

those two in the pic I posted killed an otter the other day... I witnessed the fight.... EPIC.

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2016, 03:07 PM
330 conibear traps baited with Robitussin and cold chicken tenders will catch a certain kind of vermin.

Martianlander
11-11-2016, 05:56 PM
330 conibear traps baited with Robitussin and cold chicken tenders will catch a certain kind of vermin.

+1 Rep points given. I see what you did there.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Talstar is a good product but I recommend you look at Taurus SC....this is the Silver Bullet. And it'll get those damn mole crickets too. If you follow the label you'll have no problems with pest control. Google it under DIY pest control.