PDA

View Full Version : Alive and Well!

shannondawg
11-11-2016, 06:37 AM
I go to the Westen Ky news from time to time to check on my friend. He just signed a top 10 class. Which in itself is no surprise, nobody doubts his recruiting ability.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/Signing-of-Hollingsworth-gives-WKU-a-top-10-recruiting-class-400717871.html

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 08:13 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/iJxHzcuNcCJXi/giphy.gif

DownwardDawg
11-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Oh man.............

Boodawg
11-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Good for him.

klong-dog
11-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Isn't it wild that with his all so great "recruiting skills" he could never get anyone really to the NBA. Well anyone that could actually do anything worth of significance. I know Tang and Roberts had quick tenures in the league but that's about it.

MaxedOutMaroon
11-11-2016, 09:54 AM
It's amazing that he never got caught for cheating. He is known to be dirty by high school basketball coaches. I know people who coach at Asbury university, where Steve smith (head coach at Oak Hill Academy in VA) went to school. Coach smith has produced so many greats. Stansbury offered his players so many extra benefits when he visited. Just know that your great recruiter did so much like freeze does.

Bodawg
11-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Isn't it wild that with his all so great "recruiting skills" he could never get anyone really to the NBA. Well anyone that could actually do anything worth of significance. I know Tang and Roberts had quick tenures in the league but that's about it.
Not quite true. Some of his top recruits that would have come to State, opted for the NBA. Wish they would have stayed. Could have helped us get deeper into the tournaments.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2016, 09:58 AM
Just know that your great recruiter did so much like freeze does.

Not exactly.

Bury relied heavily on juicy jumbos while Freeze relies heavily on nachos bell grande. Extremely different.

sleepy dawg
11-11-2016, 10:03 AM
He was our Freeze to an extent. Couldn't coach or develop worth shit, but constantly got big time recruits. Depended on raw talent of those players alone to win. Paraded his family around trying to act like it was some great family environment like freeze does with his religion. Not saying neither of these things aren't true, but in both cases, it was/is over the top especially when you know about things that have happened.

shannondawg
11-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Haters will hate.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Not quite true. Some of his top recruits that would have come to State, opted for the NBA. Wish they would have stayed. Could have helped us get deeper into the tournaments.

Those players count as misses and they hurt your program not help it. Signing Monta Ellis, Travis Outlaw and Jon Bender did nothing but make our signing classes look better than they actually were. I'd much rather he had signed more guys like Timmy Bowers, Michael Gholar, Winsome Frazier, Brandon Vincent and Derrick Zimmerman than fill his classes with players that never showed up, quit, transferred or got kicked off. Imagine how good we would of been if he had signed 35 of those guys instead of the 35 misses he had since 2004.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Haters will hate.

Only thing I am hating on is your inability to move on from Stansbury. We have Coach Howland now and he's a billion times better than Stansbury. Are you a MSU fan first or are you a Rick Stansbury fan first?

lamont
11-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Good for Stands. He should do well there if he has an Enforcer on staff for some discipline

Basketball recruiting is the dirtiest out there. Being able to funnel money thru AAU keeps most basketball coaches out of trouble. Stands was great at that. He was our version of Ed Orgeron on the recruiting side for basketball.

MadDawg
11-11-2016, 10:16 AM
It's amazing that he never got caught for cheating. He is known to be dirty by high school basketball coaches. I know people who coach at Asbury university, where Steve smith (head coach at Oak Hill Academy in VA) went to school. Coach smith has produced so many greats. Stansbury offered his players so many extra benefits when he visited. Just know that your great recruiter did so much like freeze does.

Yes, because everybody knows we cheat better than anybody. LOL

Token Bammer
11-11-2016, 10:26 AM

I have zero firsthand knowledge, but Stansbury is widely known as a dirty recruiter.

nsvltndog
11-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Glad to see he is doing well. I didn't know the man, but he we had some good times with him as our coach. I'd like to see us play them - maybe a 2 for 1 deal. It would be great for strength of schedule and RPI and should also generate some fan interest which is typically lacking during the non-conference slate of games.

BossDawg
11-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Who eez theez Reek Staindzburiez?

DownwardDawg
11-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Haters will hate.

We aren't haters. We are Mississippi State fans.

shannondawg
11-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Only thing I am hating on is your inability to move on from Stansbury. We have Coach Howland now and he's a billion times better than Stansbury. Are you a MSU fan first or are you a Rick Stansbury fan first?

Any day you want to start comparing my allegiance to the basketball program to yours, I will gladly do so.

Stansbury was my friend, and I just check to see how he doing up there from time to time. I just posted that because some people don't wish him failure like shits like you do.!

basedog
11-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Haters will hate.

+1

tcdog70
11-11-2016, 11:35 AM

Now 61, don't be like that. it is Ok to be for a good friend and still be a Bulldog. We should all hope RS has great success. He gave me years of fun at the HUMP. We never played a game that I didn't think we could win. Why hate on Rick?

tcdog70
11-11-2016, 11:36 AM
I have zero firsthand knowledge, but Stansbury is widely known as a dirty recruiter.

by a bunch of whiners who Rick out recruited.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Any day you want to start comparing my allegiance to the basketball program to yours, I will gladly do so.

Stansbury was my friend, and I just check to see how he doing up there from time to time. I just posted that because some people don't wish him failure like shits like you do.!

Where do you see me "wishing him failure"? I am indifferent towards Stansbury in his new job. I am grateful for the good times he helped bring MSU and those are the moments I choose to remember him for first. Make new friends sorry your best one left you missing the good ol days. Get on the Howland train already.

Maroons
11-11-2016, 11:38 AM

I know Rick, and while I don't dispute the above, he has always been a tireless worker too. There are a few players who we rarely missed seeing in person after their 8th grade year at every opportunity in each eval period.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Now 61, don't be like that. it is Ok to be for a good friend and still be a Bulldog. We should all hope RS has great success. He gave me years of fun at the HUMP. We never played a game that I didn't think we could win. Why hate on Rick?

I am not hating on Rick, he is a D1 basketball coach and that makes him our competition so no I won't be "rooting" for WKU anytime ever. Shannon tried to throw a "I told you so" with his initial post. **** that!! Root for MSU and Howland and while you are at it take a look at what our roster will be this year and next with our ELEVEN 4* and 5* players on it. Stansbury will NEVER have a roster with that much talent on it EVER.

shannondawg
11-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Where do you see me "wishing him failure"? I am indifferent towards Stansbury in his new job. I am grateful for the good times he helped bring MSU and those are the moments I choose to remember him for first. Make new friends sorry your best one left you missing the good ol days. Get on the Howland train already.

Go take your meds.

sleepy dawg
11-11-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm with 61. Stansbury did bring me some good memories, but he's not our coach now. He's our competition. I really don't care one way or the other about him now though. I don't wish him great success or failure. He isn't our coach and he isn't affiliated with us anymore. I don't care that this thread was created either, but the way it was posted, you should expect that folks are going to have dissenting opinions.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Go take your meds.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/62802824.jpg

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2016, 01:04 PM

He was investigated more than once. They found nothing. If he was cheating he was darn good at it.

basedog
11-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Dude, obviously you don't know shannondawg, but questioning what school he loves first is a waste of time. Keep that up and messing with shannondawg.....well I may read about you in a river floating head down******

Cigar Boys are powerful folks**

tcdog70
11-11-2016, 03:12 PM
I am not hating on Rick, he is a D1 basketball coach and that makes him our competition so no I won't be "rooting" for WKU anytime ever. Shannon tried to throw a "I told you so" with his initial post. **** that!! Root for MSU and Howland and while you are at it take a look at what our roster will be this year and next with our ELEVEN 4* and 5* players on it. Stansbury will NEVER have a roster with that much talent on it EVER.

I am fired up with Ben and His recruits. Love the idea of 3 Bulldogs Sons on the court together. Basketball will be fun again.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 03:17 PM
I am fired up with Ben and His recruits. Love the idea of 3 Bulldogs Sons on the court together. Basketball will be fun again.

Yup and first game is tonight @7pm ct on ESPN3

ScoobaDawg
11-11-2016, 03:48 PM

thanks for posting. Stansbury will always be special to me. I wish him nothing but sucees.

coastdoglover
11-11-2016, 03:49 PM
You stupid shits. Shannon dawg has given more to MSU basketball than all of you haters combined. He made a post about a former coach, and by the way our all time winnegest coach, and that was what is was. I also know he is a big fan of Ben Howland, so how about growing up. All you fools who continue to degrade him are no different than the fools protesting our new President. Ben and Rick are good friends and your attitudes are what makes MSU fans look like idiots. Get a life!

Percho
11-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I'm with 61. Stansbury did bring me some good memories, but he's not our coach now. He's our competition. I really don't care one way or the other about him now though. I don't wish him great success or failure. He isn't our coach and he isn't affiliated with us anymore. I don't care that this thread was created either, but the way it was posted, you should expect that folks are going to have dissenting opinions.

As for myself,. Once a Dog always a Dog!

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 04:03 PM
You stupid shits...so how about growing up. All you fools who continue to degrade him are no different than the fools protesting our new President. your attitudes are what makes MSU fans look like idiots. Get a life!

Look at your post and you're telling us to grow up haha. Nobody has been degrading Shannondawg. He made a post bragging on Stansbury for having a ranked early signing recruiting class. His point was to say look how good Stansbury is doing in a "I told you it was a mistake to fire him" way. None of this thread or these posts exist today if Shannondawg doesn't have the urge to start some shit about Stansbury.

tireddawg
11-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Don't start no shit, there won't be no shit**

MaxedOutMaroon
11-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Let me be clear. I think Stansbury did a lot for our program, and I am not disappointed in those years. Also, every D1 basketball program/coaches are dirty to an extent. I would only put stansbury at a little above the average dirty in recruiting . His work ethic did much to sign top classes. Lastly, it's time to shut the door behind Stansbury. He's gone and on to different things. We have a lot to be excited about with Howland, so that's my focus

yjnkdawg
11-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Look at your post and you're telling us to grow up haha. Nobody has been degrading Shannondawg. He made a post bragging on Stansbury for having a ranked early signing recruiting class. His point was to say look how good Stansbury is doing in a "I told you it was a mistake to fire him" way. None of this thread or these posts exist today if Shannondawg doesn't have the urge to start some shit about Stansbury.

Have you ever thought about any of threads that you have started, or posts you have made? I imagine that Dak would be thrilled to know that you are honoring him by using his face as an avatar, for all these negative posts, especially the negative crap on Fitz, or other players.****

yjnkdawg
11-11-2016, 06:16 PM
I go to the Westen Ky news from time to time to check on my friend. He just signed a top 10 class. Which in itself is no surprise, nobody doubts his recruiting ability.

http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/Signing-of-Hollingsworth-gives-WKU-a-top-10-recruiting-class-400717871.html

Thanks for the info shannondawg.

shannondawg
11-11-2016, 06:20 PM

It sounds like I wrote a book starting this thread according to you. You are bat shit crazy, I saw this news and thought some would like to see it. Thats all.

SDDawg
11-11-2016, 06:26 PM

No one GAF.

Token Bammer
11-11-2016, 06:27 PM
by a bunch of whiners who Rick out recruited.

Maybe. But it appears some state fans are convinced he's dirty.

shannondawg
11-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Maybe I should apoligize to dog61 for calling him bat shit crazy, but with my limited vocabulary, thats all I could think of when he was ranting on about what all I was saying in those few simple sentences I started with.

So there. I apologize for calling you bat shit crazy. Peace!

Token Bammer, they were just joking keeping the thread alive, no real bulldog fan would accuse one of our coaches of cheating past, present or future!!!!

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 07:54 PM
So far only 3 people have shown interest. I am a little disappointed not more, but guess I should have known better than try to do it here.

It sounds like I wrote a book starting this thread according to you. You are bat shit crazy, I saw this news and thought some would like to see it. Thats all.

Maybe I should apoligize to dog61 for calling him bat shit crazy, but with my limited vocabulary, thats all I could think of when he was ranting on about what all I was saying in those few simple sentences I started with.

So there. I apologize for calling you bat shit crazy. Peace!

Token Bammer, they were just joking keeping the thread alive, no real bulldog fan would accuse one of our coaches of cheating past, present or future!!!!

Hey Queen of Passive Aggressive are you not capable of remembering previous threads you started recently where you took jabs at us for not immediately signing up to spend $200 on buying some shitty steaks you were peddling? If you aren't capable because you forgot to take your Alzheimer's medicine I am sorry but I'll remind you of it so you now know when the disconnect specifically between you and I started. When you want to stop associating yourself as a Stansbury MSU guy vs Howland MSU guys then you and I can continue being friendly just like we were for so many years before now. The choice is yours to make. Again I am sorry that your good friend is no longer here but take solace in knowing he is getting to do what he loves and he's bringing a lot of new excitement to a program that hasn't had much of it lately. I am happy for Stansbury and you should be too as I seriously doubt he gives much of a shit about MSU basketball anymore. Howland however cares very much for MSU basketball right now and that's who I will support and FIGHT for. Lastly, please don't respond to my post and let's both just let this thread die out. Have a great night Sir, I am thankful for everything you say you have done for our University and basketball program. We all are just usernames here though we don't post our life resumes online for everyone to know everything about us. On this board you are just as good or bad as the posts you make. How people respond to you has nothing to do with anything you've done outside of this board or atleast that's how it's supposed to be so don't be shocked when how people respond to your POSTS doesn't match up with how people respond to you in real life scenarios.

Thanks for meeting me on the high road and dropping this bullshit. Hail State!

JohnnyQuid
11-11-2016, 11:08 PM
thanks for posting. Stansbury will always be special to me. I wish him nothing but suceess.

pretty much this

msbulldog
11-12-2016, 06:55 AM

Hey, I enjoyed reading it, even though Stans is not our coach, I still like seeing how he's doing. The same goes for JWS or Croom.