PDA

View Full Version : Opening Game of Basketball

ZedFedder
11-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like MSU Marketing just hasn't really promoted basketball like they should? I don't live in Starkville so maybe that's why, but social media wise it just doesn't seem like there has been a huge push on it like it should be.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-10-2016, 11:45 PM
I know they've tweeted about it several times today.

Harrydawg
11-11-2016, 12:38 AM
I wonder how season ticket sales have been compared to last season. No doubt start of season has snuck up on us

drummerdawg
11-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Sorry for the small rant here, but that's one thing om kicks our ass in. After signing day I saw some cool graphics om put out on their signees, while I didn't see anything State put out. Maybe I missed it. Also reading the biographies om had on their players makes you think they are an elite group. On State's website they listed Nick Weatherspoon as a 4*. Why, when he's a 5* by at least 2 recruiting sites? Also, their media guides are way better. Anyway, this is one area I wish we would get better in. But as for promoting the season, I have heard a few commercials advertising men's and women's basketball.

Dawg61
11-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Is it me, or does it seem like MSU Marketing just hasn't really promoted basketball like they should? I don't live in Starkville so maybe that's why, but social media wise it just doesn't seem like there has been a huge push on it like it should be.

What MSU marketing? It's non-existent

KentuckyDawg13
11-11-2016, 08:46 AM
https://twitter.com/hailstatembk

I tried to copy the videos, but they are not working now...lol

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Why do we give a S&@# what they do seriously? I would think they have to increase awareness and sunshine pump basketball because it is now moving toward the bottom third of the SEC. They are falling behind and they realize it.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Sorry for the small rant here, but that's one thing om kicks our ass in. After signing day I saw some cool graphics om put out on their signees, while I didn't see anything State put out. Maybe I missed it. Also reading the biographies om had on their players makes you think they are an elite group. On State's website they listed Nick Weatherspoon as a 4*. Why, when he's a 5* by at least 2 recruiting sites? Also, their media guides are way better. Anyway, this is one area I wish we would get better in. But as for promoting the season, I have heard a few commercials advertising men's and women's basketball.

MSU put out the exact same type of graphics that OM did. They were almost exactly the same except for school colors. OM release said star-studded class & MSU says another top 15 class.

Thick
11-11-2016, 12:43 PM
We signed 5 * guard Myah Taylor from Olive Branch today.

Thick
11-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Sorry.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2016, 12:48 PM

I wish I could go. I'm on the Blitz package so I have a ticket but I have a HS playoff football game to go to tonight.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-11-2016, 02:14 PM
We signed 5 * guard Myah Taylor from Olive Branch today.

We've known about her commitment forever..She just made it official today.