PDA

View Full Version : If I were Dak Prescott....

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2016, 03:26 PM
At this point with all the rumors and coverage, I'd just want Romo to come back because it virtually assures that Dak's value will be enhanced.

The Cowboys are currently 3rd in the NFL in total offense and 4th in points per game. Simply, how much better can they get?

Sure Romo may be able to connect more with Dez down the field, but at what cost?

By Romo retaking the starting job, he would either get hurt, execute the offense at an equal level as Dak, or slightly improve it but there is so little room for it to improve that you are only talking about a marginal possible difference. Most likely Romo either gets hurt or the offense runs at a near equal level with both scenarios leading to the value and appreciation of Dak going up because he makes pennies on the dollar compared to Romo.

Dak is the future of the Cowboys, but it may be best for him long term for Romo to take over this year and allow people (Jerry) to see that Dak truly is an equal and cheaper option to Romo. Just get it over with.

smootness
11-10-2016, 03:39 PM
If Romo doesn't get his job back this year, then he's never getting it back. I guess I get what you're saying, but it's equally good for Dak if he just remains the starter.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-10-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't see how it's a positive for Dak not to be starting. I understand what you're trying to say but nothing enhances Dak's value like being in there playing good & winning games.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Dak has also been able to control the clock for the offense so the defense gets rested. It isn't like the defense has anyone different than they normally have had. About the only change is Dak keeping them off the field where Romo runs a quick strike or turnover offense.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Dallas needs to go ahead and get those draft picks from either Cleveland, Miami, or maybe the LA Rams since Goff isn't ready.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2016, 03:47 PM
I don't see how it's a positive for Dak not to be starting. I understand what you're trying to say but nothing enhances Dak's value like being in there playing good & winning games.

The conversation and destraction continues if Dak continues to start. If Dak continues to start, it's still "Romo's team" and the conundrum for the players and media persists.

If Romo comes back and goes ahead and gets hurt or doesn't out play Dak, then the decision is clear and the organization, team, and fans can all move together in 1 clear direction.

louisvilledawg
11-10-2016, 03:57 PM
At this point with all the rumors and coverage, I'd just want Romo to come back because it virtually assures that Dak's value will be enhanced.

The Cowboys are currently 3rd in the NFL in total offense and 4th in points per game. Simply, how much better can they get?

Sure Romo may be able to connect more with Dez down the field, but at what cost?

By Romo retaking the starting job, he would either get hurt, execute the offense at an equal level as Dak, or slightly improve it but there is so little room for it to improve that you are only talking about a marginal possible difference. Most likely Romo either gets hurt or the offense runs at a near equal level with both scenarios leading to the value and appreciation of Dak going up because he makes pennies on the dollar compared to Romo.

Dak is the future of the Cowboys, but it may be best for him long term for Romo to take over this year and allow people (Jerry) to see that Dak truly is an equal and cheaper option to Romo. Just get it over with.

I'm sure ole jerrah is already aware of these things. No way dak should want tony to come back and take over the job.

Bothrops
11-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Dallas wouldn't be 7-1 with Romo playing. Conundrum over.

smootness
11-10-2016, 04:25 PM
The conversation and destraction continues if Dak continues to start. If Dak continues to start, it's still "Romo's team" and the conundrum for the players and media persists.

If Romo comes back and goes ahead and gets hurt or doesn't out play Dak, then the decision is clear and the organization, team, and fans can all move together in 1 clear direction.

It's more of a distraction at this point to sit Dak than to keep playing him. I don't think anybody really thinks this is Romo's team anymore.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-10-2016, 04:27 PM

I disagree. The problem start not end if you go to Romo & he doesn't play well. There's no problem if Dak keeps playing like this. The media may talk but the team won't care about talk or Tony because they're winning with Dak. Now if Dak starts to struggle then there's a problem but at this moment the entire team is behind Dak so no turmoil.

Political Hack
11-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Dallas wouldn't be 7-1 with Romo playing. Conundrum over.

Yep.

BeardoMSU
11-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Uh, no. What's best for Dak and Dallas is that Dak keeps playing. Why sit on the bench when he's ready now?

klong-dog
11-10-2016, 06:32 PM
What's so key to Dak and the offense right now is that not only are they rolling but they take long methodical drives, which wears down the opposing D, while it keeps their own D off the field, which is a great thing. They stay fresh and are good for the length of the game.

Goldendawg
11-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Is this not similar to how Tom Brady took over for Bledsoe(?). Lot of $ tied up in Romo as a backup. I think he again gets hurt when he does play. Do you think they sit Dak the 1st bad game he has if it is a loss? Would this give them an excuse?

RocketDawg
11-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Not only is the team behind Dak, but he's won the fans over too. There might be a mini rebellion if Tony comes back because of no fault of Dak's. That said, there's no reason to throw Romo out with the trash. Probably at some point he'll either need to be playing or traded. He doesn't have a lot of time left to play, and I'm sure he wants to.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2016, 07:08 PM
I understand what you are saying. However how about this option.

Jerry commits to Dak and the future. He slows plays Romo's injury. Let Romo sit until seasons end and trade him at a high value. If you let Romo come back, he fails to perform and worse, gets hurt again, he is of no value as a trade.

However that would require Romo playing along. Romo is practicing. Romo wants a ring with Dallas.

Realistically Jerry is going to play Dak until Dallas loses. Then Romo to the.........to choke away a playoff game. Book it.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
I understand what you are saying. However how about this option.

Jerry commits to Dak and the future. He slows plays Romo's injury. Let Romo sit until seasons end and trade him at a high value. If you let Romo come back, he fails to perform and worse, gets hurt again, he is of no value as a trade.

However that would require Romo playing along. Romo is practicing. Romo wants a ring with Dallas.

Realistically Jerry is going to play Dak until Dallas loses. Then Romo to the.........to choke away a playoff game. Book it.

Great points, but you kind of make my point. Jerry waiting for the Cowboys to lose is unfair to Dak. If they plan on going with Romo after they lose then just do it now. Commit one way or another.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-10-2016, 07:45 PM
I don't think you see Romo play another snap for Dallas unless Dak gets hurt.

Percho
11-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Dez is going to have a hard time catching balls as long as the officials allow the DB's to grab his trail arm before the ball arrives.

Schultzy
11-10-2016, 10:59 PM
If Romo starts he will be under unbelievable pressure, he should want to be the backup at this point.

State82
11-10-2016, 11:40 PM

Bingo, this right here.

BB30
11-11-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't see how Romo can still walk/move honestly. The guy has to be a walking mechanical miracle. I would hate to be him in his late 40s and 50s. By the time that guy is in his 60s he will be lucky if he doesn't have to use a cane or is in a wheel chair. The back can only take so much abuse/steroid injections. Either that will happen or he will be on pain medication the rest of his life.