PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Recruiting

ZedFedder
11-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Jack Owen has signed with Auburn and Aaron Brown out of TN has decommitted. Robbie Faulk says there is a chance we add a late flip. Would be ecstatic if it was Jacob Pearson. He may have already signed, though.

ScottH
11-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Owen is tough to swallow.

He was one of our first 17 commits.

I am of the mindset we should target Auburn's top commit for next year in retaliation.

louisvilledawg
11-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Pretty certain pearson signed with LSU already

TheRef
11-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Pretty certain pearson signed with LSU already

Yup. He did sign yesterday

Tripp McNeely
11-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Whatever happened to the kid we were going to flip from om?

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 01:10 PM
We need some coaching stability to keep these classes all together. It could have been worse. We may lose Tyler Lasch as well.

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Whatever happened to the kid we were going to flip from om?

Last I heard we were waiting on his ACT score to determine how much money we could give him and that may be the key with flipping him. It could be the spring of it happens at all.

ZedFedder
11-10-2016, 01:35 PM
If those guys are all we lose, meaning Lasch, Owen, and Brown, then I think you have to consider it a win. Especially since we got a new coach right before signing day. If we are somehow able to get Quentin Holmes, Jordan Anderson, etc. to school on top of our ELITE juco signees, this could be a class that is just as good as Magnum, Pilkington, and crew.

Homedawg
11-10-2016, 01:45 PM
If those guys are all we lose, meaning Lasch, Owen, and Brown, then I think you have to consider it a win. Especially since we got a new coach right before signing day. If we are somehow able to get Quentin Holmes, Jordan Anderson, etc. to school on top of our ELITE juco signees, this could be a class that is just as good as Magnum, Pilkington, and crew.

Draft day could be potentially unkind. However, sign em and try hold them is the way to go. Can't be afraid to take some chances, just need some other guys to fall back on in case you get slaughtered in draft.

preachermatt83
11-10-2016, 11:52 PM
When I predicted this the other day Didn't somebody ask me the other day what I was gonna do when I was wrong? Well guess I wasn't wrong sadly. Cohen told certain recruits he was not taking the AD job 1 week before he took it.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2016, 11:56 PM
It will all be fine fellas. Whatever recruits we lost here, we'll make up 10 fold over the next 3 years.

Again, it will all be OK.

Homedawg
11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
When I predicted this the other day Didn't somebody ask me the other day what I was gonna do when I was wrong? Well guess I wasn't wrong sadly. Cohen told certain recruits he was not taking the AD job 1 week before he took it.

We lost 3 guys out of 21. I hardly think it was a disaster.

preachermatt83
11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
We lost 3 guys out of 21. I hardly think it was a disaster.

Oh no doubt. I agree completely.

ZedFedder
11-11-2016, 07:27 AM
And we didn't loses any of our top 5 or 6. They may never make it to campus anyway, but still have them signed. I know we won't get them all, but if we can get 2 or 3 out of our top 6 then those guys are elite players. Plus PG doesn't factor in JUCO players, and we still are 9th. These JUCO guys will be immediate impact.

Todd4State
11-11-2016, 09:50 AM
It will all be fine fellas. Whatever recruits we lost here, we'll make up 10 fold over the next 3 years.

Again, it will all be OK.

THIS. Although I don't see anyone freaking out but still...