PDA

View Full Version : So per Paul Jones biscuits

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 09:52 AM
The Egg Bowl countdown clock is back on the wall at the football facility.

Bass Chaser
11-10-2016, 10:01 AM
I saw that too.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 10:03 AM
YES! It better not ever come down again. I don't care if they DO get the Death Penalty, you set it for the year they come back and leave it up.

Thick
11-10-2016, 10:13 AM
It should not be mounted. It should be built into the wall with brick and mortar, and have it's own generator!

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2016, 10:23 AM
YES! It better not ever come down again. I don't care if they DO get the Death Penalty, you set it for the year they come back and leave it up.

What if they were kicked out of the SEC? :)

I say let them join the Big 12.

Statecoachingblows**
11-10-2016, 10:37 AM

Memphis could use some competition in the aac***

Commercecomet24
11-10-2016, 12:23 PM
It should not be mounted. It should be built into the wall with brick and mortar, and have it's own generator!

I second that!

SDDawg
11-10-2016, 12:26 PM
The Egg Bowl countdown clock is back on the wall at the football facility.

http://nocoastbias.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/yes.gif

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-10-2016, 12:45 PM
To me, taking it down means you have conceded that they have surpassed you and that you feel that you can't overcome them. It shouldn't come down even if they had won 10 in a row. That is my opinion.

gtowndawg
11-10-2016, 12:48 PM
To me, taking it down means you have conceded that they have surpassed you and that you feel that you can't overcome them. It shouldn't come down even if they had won 10 in a row. That is my opinion.

My exact thoughts. I honestly wish someone would explain, why did it come down in the first place? And why did it go back up now?? Because Swag got hurt and we think maybe we can win now? Cohen?? I'm honestly looking for insight.

Statecoachingblows**
11-10-2016, 01:03 PM
My exact thoughts. I honestly wish someone would explain, why did it come down in the first place? And why did it go back up now?? Because Swag got hurt and we think maybe we can win now? Cohen?? I'm honestly looking for insight.

Same here. Maybe we now have a rejuvenated Dan Mullen, he kind of was at a loss but rather than completely bail due to "health reasons" something clicked and reignited the fire. Saw this article hadn't seen it here maybe I missed it
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Dan-Mullen-I-told-our-guys-I-dont-have-anything-else-for-you-I-feel-awful

Doesn't sound like someone that checked out but was more so just at a loss. Time shall tell I suppose.

BrunswickDawg
11-10-2016, 01:09 PM
I dont think the clock being back up is a new thing. The preseason show on SECN showed one in the Seal Complex.

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 01:15 PM
I dont think the clock being back up is a new thing. The preseason show on SECN showed one in the Seal Complex.

It probably isn't a new thing but I just didn't realize it was back up.

msbulldog
11-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know if it was ever down for sure?

fader2103
11-10-2016, 03:19 PM
When was it taken down? I always thought it was up.

dawgday166
11-10-2016, 04:23 PM

I've been scratching my head on a few similar things. How come we went from looking like a bad Jr. High team to a reasonable SEC team in 1 week? I'm not sure what has changed but I'm not totally buying that all of a sudden 10 or 11 guys on the team suddenly "got it" and started executing well.

Is Cohen becoming AD why this is? Is playing the young players that should be playing ... is that why all of sudden other players stepped up their game, started hustling, playing with effort, etc? Was the team more enthusiastic when Sirmon gets to call his own game and Johnson is calling the O? I'm not sure ... I'm just sitting back waiting to see what happens next. Whatever has caused it, I like the initial results. Hope it keeps moving in that direction.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 05:31 PM

Then you put a sign on it saying "till next time." I like the idea of building into a wall.

Goldendawg
11-10-2016, 06:40 PM
I too want it to always stay on the wall. To not beat them when we are having a good to great season is inexcusable. To still beat them in a bad year is still needed to feel better about next year, but does not forgive a bad year. BTW, how many days off does Dan give the team before we play UNM this year?

SDDawg
11-10-2016, 08:56 PM
The Egg Bowl is a game you always need to win if you want to win the West and compete for a championship. It's also the "finish line" for our regular season. No reason to not keep the clock up year-round. If we played the Egg Bowl in week 3 every year, I'd have a different opinion. But given the schedule, keep the clock up forever.

Turfdawg67
11-11-2016, 12:46 AM
I've been scratching my head on a few similar things. How come we went from looking like a bad Jr. High team to a reasonable SEC team in 1 week? I'm not sure what has changed but I'm not totally buying that all of a sudden 10 or 11 guys on the team suddenly "got it" and started executing well.

Is Cohen becoming AD why this is? Is playing the young players that should be playing ... is that why all of sudden other players stepped up their game, started hustling, playing with effort, etc? Was the team more enthusiastic when Sirmon gets to call his own game and Johnson is calling the O? I'm not sure ... I'm just sitting back waiting to see what happens next. Whatever has caused it, I like the initial results. Hope it keeps moving in that direction.

I'm usually a sunshine pumper, but I'm not buying that we "suddenly got it" either. I think TA&M came in with big heads, might've stayed up a little too late the night before, 11am kickoff, so they thought they'd whip us pretty easily... I mean, why wouldn't they. Losses to USA, UK and BYU?!? Hope I'm wrong!

GTHOM
11-11-2016, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=Turfdawg67;647953]I'm usually a sunshine pumper, but I'm not buying that we "suddenly got it" either. I think TA&M came in with big heads, might've stayed up a little too late the night before, 11am kickoff, so they thought they'd whip us pretty easily... I mean, why wouldn't they. Losses to USA, UK and BYU?!? Hope I'm wrong![/QUOTE

State was the better team from the first snap to the last snap of that game. It should have been a blowout. We saw the talent that we do have start to gel and everybody was all in. Ive been as hard on us as anyone and Dan but Jesus Christ we beat Texas A&M #4 in the country and we find a way to discredit it