PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Wilson

msstate7
09-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Highest drafted (4th round) player to be released. This guy was supposed to be a 1st rounder under petrino. Petrino really is an excellent coach of qbs and offense in general. I think Kentucky and Tennessee made mistakes not hiring him. I realize the moral issues but he's no less moral than what goes on in recruiting.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-01-2013, 09:01 PM
We would be dumb not to take him next year: msu has to take chances on damaged good, like jackie. Pay him 3 million with a stupid buyout clause

msstate7
09-01-2013, 09:05 PM
And all the risk is off the field. On the field there would be nothing but results.

gravedigger
09-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Surely everyone understands the concept that a university president in the sec couldn't make that hire.

It may not seem like it now but a university is more than a football program. Petrino and sherrill aren't even comparable either.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-01-2013, 09:12 PM
He doesnt do anything off the field that a couple of coaches at msu are currently doing. He just got caught.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Surely everyone understands the concept that a university president in the sec couldn't make that hire.

It may not seem like it now but a university is more than a football program. Petrino and sherrill aren't even comparable either.

Bill Clinton had a woman perform oral sex on him in the Oval Office. Should a college coach be held to a higher standard than the POTUS?

Coach34
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM

So we wont hire a coach that likes young, good-looking *****? Thats going to eliminate Hud also- thats how he got a 2nd wife

gravedigger
09-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Has to do with the circumstances. But the real question is what the president of the university is willing to answer for.

Coach34
09-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Has to do with the circumstances. But the real question is what the president of the university is willing to answer for.

The circumstances are the same- except Mrs. Hud #2 didnt have a fiance' that worked as a strength coach. Mrs Hud #1 found out and moved back to Mississippi.

gravedigger
09-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Gonna respectfully disagree there coach. Hud didn't embarrass our entire conference on national news.

Keenum is a political fella. And besides he has made his opinion quite clear to our ad and athletic staff about this type of thing.

Being a coach who's made mistakes is one thing. When it shines a national negative light on Msu is where the line would be drawn.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2013, 10:09 PM
That wasn't his first time to cheat and will not be his last. It's just the first time it became public. A man who has been married that long and that age just don't start to cheat. The cheating has been going on for a long time. Me personally don't care about what he does. If it is done off campus and does not hurt the school I am good to go with the guy. It's a mute point. Mullen will be our coach next year.

Coach34
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM

Being a coach who's made mistakes is one thing. When it shines a national negative light on Msu is where the line would be drawn.

Well, it's only because there is a difference in media coverage for the SEC and Florence, Alabama.

Look, I love Hud to death and he would do a good job at State as would Petrino. But Hud's current wife is a 2006 grad of UNA and a former cheerleader I believe. She became Mrs Hud #2 in 2007 after he got divorced from #1. Petrino's story was national news because someone leaked it to the press and they started hounding him.

I dont think we should hold loving young women against potential coaching candidates. It would shorten the list considerably

Pollodawg
09-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Only problem with Petrino is that he would be a one/two season and done kind of guy. He would be the tits while he was here, but he wouldn't stay.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-01-2013, 10:33 PM

What about hiring a first time head coach, with no southern ties, that has a child from a previous, unmarried relationship? Is that kosher?

Pollodawg
09-01-2013, 10:45 PM
What about hiring a first time head coach, with no southern ties, that has a child from a previous, unmarried relationship? Is that kosher?

I forgot about that. Doesn't Mullen have a daughter by another woman somewhere up in Massachusetts?

Bob Sacamano
09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
If anyone is close to Hud's current beautiful wife, take a close look at her face. That scare you'll see isn't from a childhood accident.

Pollodawg
09-01-2013, 11:01 PM
If anyone is close to Hud's current beautiful wife, take a close look at her face. That scare you'll see isn't from a childhood accident.

Just say what you're hinting at. I hate when people do that. Are you implying that he is abusive? What?

Todd4State
09-01-2013, 11:24 PM
The LAST thing we need right now is a controversial head coach with the Bible thumper in Oxford. Petrino is a great football coach- but it's not just the affair issue with him. Everywhere he has been in college, the program was left in disarray. He doesn't pay attention to defense. He is not one of the better recruiters out there- and he was in a state all by himself where almost all of the kids are Arkansas fans. Also, he has a terrible reputation in the NFL for how he left the Falcons and I have to wonder if that could possibly affect our players with regards to the NFL.

But the thing that worries me the most is the fact that he has a reputation for leaving people high and dry and leaving shortly after he arrives. I can't see him coming to Mississippi State and being here for five years, and I'm not so sure if he would even be here for three.

It_Could_Happen
09-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Why did no one in the SEC take a shot at Dabo Swinney last year? He's one of my favorite coaches in the country. He's emotional, his players love him, and he's performing.

msstate7
09-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Why did no one in the SEC take a shot at Dabo Swinney last year? He's one of my favorite coaches in the country. He's emotional, his players love him, and he's performing.

Clemson job is a very good job. It's better than Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas IMO.

T-Dogg
09-02-2013, 05:49 PM
It had a lot to do with the fact that he hired her to her position and lied about the wreck when he was initially approached by the media. It would be fun while he was winning games, but it would not end well.

msstate7
09-02-2013, 05:52 PM
It had a lot to do with the fact that he hired her to her position and lied about the wreck when he was initially approached by the media. It would be fun while he was winning games, but it would not end well.

I think it would end with him leaving for a better school in his eyes. That's always a better way to part ways than firing a coach

archdog
09-02-2013, 06:36 PM
UM hired one that like high school babysitters?

archdog
09-02-2013, 06:38 PM
There was never a wreck, unless you call her fiance kicking his ass

Quaoarsking
09-02-2013, 08:35 PM
We would have to have something in his contract that required a huge buyout if he leaves us. Just not worth it for a year or 2.