PDA

View Full Version : Here's something from an A&M board y'all might find amusing!

Commercecomet24
11-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Here's something from an A&M board y'all might find amusing:

And I quote "Mullen will stay at MSU for another 3 years with this win. God I wish we had him."

Dawg61
11-09-2016, 07:46 PM
"Mullen will stay at MSU for another 3 years with this win. God I wish we had him."

From an outsider's perspective that most likely lives in the same state the Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott is starting for Mullen's resume has to look pretty dang good. Coached Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott and now Nick Fitz who just ran roughshod on the Aggies I can see why he would say that.

Commercecomet24
11-09-2016, 07:48 PM
From an outsider's perspective that most likely lives in the same state the Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott is starting for Mullen's resume has to look pretty dang good. Coached Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott and now Nick Fitz who just ran roughshod on the Aggies I can see why he would say that.

Me too. We sometimes only see our warts, nice to see it from someone else's perspective.

msbulldog
11-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Me too. We sometimes only see our warts, nice to see it from someone else's perspective.

I guess since this is where I went to I am blind to blemishes.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

I_Spy
11-09-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm pumped about the whole of MSU athletics period. Women's sports, softball too it all. Great to be MSU and looks even greater down the road.

Todd4State
11-09-2016, 08:03 PM
If Dan can win six including the Egg Bowl I think it will go a long way with many of our fans. And yes on top of that renew that he is committed to our program and improve recruiting as well. Alabama is a no lose situation for Dan. He loses, he was "supposed to" and there is no way even Dan's biggest critics could rationally justify that as mark against him. He wins, it's a huge plus in his favor and it would get us national attention probably similar to the attention that the 1980 team got for beating Alabama- in fact if we win Saturday it would probably be the biggest win in school history all things taken into account.

More than likely he needs to beat a pretty solid Arkansas team at home and then he needs to beat Ole Miss on the road to sway the fanbase.

If by chance he does leave I hope it will be a situation where at least he is leaving the next coach a 6-6 team with a lot of young talent to work with while that coach builds up.

Commercecomet24
11-09-2016, 08:09 PM
If Dan can win six including the Egg Bowl I think it will go a long way with many of our fans. And yes on top of that renew that he is committed to our program and improve recruiting as well. Alabama is a no lose situation for Dan. He loses, he was "supposed to" and there is no way even Dan's biggest critics could rationally justify that as mark against him. He wins, it's a huge plus in his favor and it would get us national attention probably similar to the attention that the 1980 team got for beating Alabama- in fact if we win Saturday it would probably be the biggest win in school history all things taken into account.

More than likely he needs to beat a pretty solid Arkansas team at home and then he needs to beat Ole Miss on the road to sway the fanbase.

If by chance he does leave I hope it will be a situation where at least he is leaving the next coach a 6-6 team with a lot of young talent to work with while that coach builds up.

I agree. You know we have always played tight against Bama, maybe this is exactly the kind of game we need against them, one where we got nothing to lose. I'm not crazy enough to think we win but heck some wild stuff has happened this year. If we can play well, keep it close, play a clean game and with effort and no one gets hurt, that would be a plus and set us up well for the last 2. We have to win those last 2, especially the Egg.

Goldendawg
11-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Had an Aggie fan till me how much he wished that they had Mullen at the condiments station at halftime of the game. Told me he wished that they had a coach with the fire that Mullen had. I filled him in on Dan's "wandering eye", the country club, lack of recruiting focus, and turnover of D coaches since we had been #1 two short years ago. He said that he wasn't aware of that part of our recent history. Nice conversation and a good fan. Dan is a very good coach, and if he makes some needed adjustments as often discussed here and stays intense and on the right track, we will be on track for great days again. Starts with a competitive game with bama, a win over arky, getting the egg back, a bowl with the additional practice time, and closing out a very good 2017 recruiting class.

Leroy Jenkins
11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

maroonmania
11-09-2016, 08:45 PM

Dan has so many positives but the obvious negatives SHOULD be so easily fixable if he would do it. A. Commit to our program and stop shopping himself around every year B. Get an OL coach that can coach and recruit and doesn't make MS HS coaches and parents dread to see them visit, and C. Treat your DC in a way that will make them actually WANT to stay and coach for you. Those are the biggest 3 things. We obviously need to recruit better as well but a lot of our problems would be solved by the 3 things above even with the talent level we do get. And it does at least appear that Mullen is making efforts with his support staff to do a better job on the recruiting front.

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 03:40 AM
Had an Aggie fan till me how much he wished that they had Mullen at the condiments station at halftime of the game. Told me he wished that they had a coach with the fire that Mullen had. I filled him in on Dan's "wandering eye", the country club, lack of recruiting focus, and turnover of D coaches since we had been #1 two short years ago. He said that he wasn't aware of that part of our recent history. Nice conversation and a good fan. Dan is a very good coach, and if he makes some needed adjustments as often discussed here and stays intense and on the right track, we will be on track for great days again. Starts with a competitive game with bama, a win over arky, getting the egg back, a bowl with the additional practice time, and closing out a very good 2017 recruiting class.

It’s odd to me how Dan can be very intense one week and then the next week not nearly as intense. Almost like two different coaches.

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 03:58 AM
Dan has so many positives but the obvious negatives SHOULD be so easily fixable if he would do it. A. Commit to our program and stop shopping himself around every year B. Get an OL coach that can coach and recruit and doesn't make MS HS coaches and parents dread to see them visit, and C. Treat your DC in a way that will make them actually WANT to stay and coach for you. Those are the biggest 3 things. We obviously need to recruit better as well but a lot of our problems would be solved by the 3 things above even with the talent level we do get. And it does at least appear that Mullen is making efforts with his support staff to do a better job on the recruiting front.

I agree that he needs to make those changes regardless of how this year turns out. He has made a few changes on the recruiting front but if Peterson, Gibson, and Austin are stuck behind a desk and can’t go off campus per NCAA rules and we’re still sending Hevesy and Sallach into the field, we’re still not maximizing our resources.

I think he needs to replace Hevesy, Knox, and Sallach with Will Friend, Larry Porter, and Reed Stringer although I have heard that Stringer and Dan didn’t get along in the past and I am assuming that Stringer didn’t get a show cause for the ULL investigation. If that’s the case, I think we should go Brad Peterson which is likely what will happen anyway. If the NCAA allows us to add another assistant coach, I would add Robert Gillespe and make him the RB coach and make Porter the ST coach and assistant head coach.

I do agree with you about the defensive staff. That’s why I made a promise to myself to give Sirmon a year no matter what and not to complain too much about him on message boards unless he is Ron Cooper bad. Our results have been mixed on defense to say the least- but right now we need some stability on that side of the ball. If we can get those JUCO’s in and they can contribute soon we should be a lot better next year because Simmons, Spencer, Kobe Jones, Fletcher Adams, Leo, Gerri Green, Jung, McLaurin, Durr, Peters, and Graham are all pretty solid in terms of raw talent. Bryant is too for that matter and I’m not sure what is going on with him but he’s not the same player he was last year.

More than anything Dan needs to do what he did on Saturday and delegate rather than be too involved in the defense and special teams as he has been in the past. I would include offense but since he is technically the offensive coordinator he kind of needs to be involved there. If he needs to turn that over to Brian Johnson so be it. I don’t think play calling has been that big of an issue anyway in and of itself on the offensive side of the ball. Holloway up the middle is more of a personnel decision to me than a play calling issue to me. When we’ve had scatbacks like Perkins and Holloway is when our offense becomes more pass heavy and that’s why we need between the tackles running backs like Aeris, Gibson, Kylin Hill, and etc. to maximize our offense.

Todd4State
11-10-2016, 04:02 AM

I have to wonder if Cohen will help him get back on track. No, I don’t think that there was some mythical intense win or else conversation between the two before the A&M game or anything like that. But Dan does know how Cohen is and I think Cohen will at the very least shoot straight with him after the season.

I do think that Scott probably just kind of went along with whatever Dan wanted to do for the most part and I think that may have led to some complacentcy.

It will be an interesting offseason for us one way or the other.

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2016, 06:33 AM
It’s odd to me how Dan can be very intense one week and then the next week not nearly as intense. Almost like two different coaches.

Blue balls.

msbulldog
11-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

I like that! +1

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 09:25 AM
I've been telling y'all the perception of Mullen in the college football world outside of our our little neighborhood is much different than it is in it. When people outside it hear that we have fans that want him gone they think we have gone stark raving nuts.

bhamdawgfan
11-10-2016, 09:31 AM
I've been telling y'all the perception of Mullen in the college football world outside of our our little neighborhood is much different than it is in it. When people outside it hear that we have fans that want him gone they think we have gone stark raving nuts.

Not surprising. When logical people inside hear it, they feel the same way.

AusTexDawg
11-10-2016, 09:39 AM
I agree that he needs to make those changes regardless of how this year turns out. He has made a few changes on the recruiting front but if Peterson, Gibson, and Austin are stuck behind a desk and can’t go off campus per NCAA rules and we’re still sending Hevesy and Sallach into the field, we’re still not maximizing our resources.

I think he needs to replace Hevesy, Knox, and Sallach with Will Friend, Larry Porter, and Reed Stringer although I have heard that Stringer and Dan didn’t get along in the past and I am assuming that Stringer didn’t get a show cause for the ULL investigation. If that’s the case, I think we should go Brad Peterson which is likely what will happen anyway. If the NCAA allows us to add another assistant coach, I would add Robert Gillespe and make him the RB coach and make Porter the ST coach and assistant head coach.

I do agree with you about the defensive staff. That’s why I made a promise to myself to give Sirmon a year no matter what and not to complain too much about him on message boards unless he is Ron Cooper bad. Our results have been mixed on defense to say the least- but right now we need some stability on that side of the ball. If we can get those JUCO’s in and they can contribute soon we should be a lot better next year because Simmons, Spencer, Kobe Jones, Fletcher Adams, Leo, Gerri Green, Jung, McLaurin, Durr, Peters, and Graham are all pretty solid in terms of raw talent. Bryant is too for that matter and I’m not sure what is going on with him but he’s not the same player he was last year.

More than anything Dan needs to do what he did on Saturday and delegate rather than be too involved in the defense and special teams as he has been in the past. I would include offense but since he is technically the offensive coordinator he kind of needs to be involved there. If he needs to turn that over to Brian Johnson so be it. I don’t think play calling has been that big of an issue anyway in and of itself on the offensive side of the ball. Holloway up the middle is more of a personnel decision to me than a play calling issue to me. When we’ve had scatbacks like Perkins and Holloway is when our offense becomes more pass heavy and that’s why we need between the tackles running backs like Aeris, Gibson, Kylin Hill, and etc. to maximize our offense.

+1

Dawg61
11-10-2016, 09:42 AM

You aren't telling us anything we don't already know. Those people don't know the inner workings of our football program and don't know about Mullen shopping his name to any and all that will listen or his refusal to change an underperforming OL and DB scheme and his stubborn nature to do stupid shit like run Holloway up the middle ten times a game. We were good this last Saturday though and we are getting better and that's all that matters really.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 09:53 AM
You aren't telling us anything we don't already know. Those people don't know the inner workings of our football program and don't know about Mullen shopping his name to any and all that will listen or his refusal to change an underperforming OL and DB scheme and his stubborn nature to do stupid shit like run Holloway up the middle ten times a game. We were good this last Saturday though and we are getting better and that's all that matters really.
They know us better than we know ourselves. They see the forest. Some of us only see the trees.

Token Bammer
11-10-2016, 09:55 AM
The best thing Dan could do for Dan is quit trying to whore himself out to other programs. It makes him look cheap and desperate. If he'll focus on State I think he'd do very, very well. He's already done well all things considered, but his bad judgement has hurt himself and his program.

Dawg61
11-10-2016, 09:59 AM
They know us better than we know ourselves. They see the forest. Some of us only see the trees.

Nah Bruh they don't. Quit whining already, enjoy a full week of beating the #4 team in the country.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 09:59 AM
The best thing Dan could do for Dan is quit trying to whore himself out to other programs. It makes him look cheap and desperate. If he'll focus on State I think he'd do very, very well. He's already done well all things considered, but his bad judgement has hurt himself and his program.

Once again....only ONE of those rumors actually had anything to it. That was Miami and THEY contacted him through channels exactly like you are supposed to. The others were rumors siezed on by "some" people.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Nah Bruh they don't. Quit whining already, enjoy a full week of beating the #4 team in the country.

I'm not the one whining and yes they do. Tell me something if a coach at Indiana had done what Mullen has done here how would you look at them if they were wanting to run him off? I would say they had gone stark raving nuts and you would to.

Token Bammer
11-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Once again....only ONE of those rumors actually had anything to it. That was Miami and THEY contacted him through channels exactly like you are supposed to. The others were rumors siezed on by "some" people.

That's news to me. Before I ever came to peak at ED us Bammers would hear the occasional rumor of Mullen looking for another job. I just assumed it was true.

dawgs
11-10-2016, 10:56 AM

People outside the program didn't understand why we wanted stans gone either. Sometimes when it's the team you follow, you can see the cracks forming long before the program collapses (nevermind that stans collapse would've happened the next year if he'd stuck around). But the outside perception was we got rid of a coach that regularly won 20+ games and had us on the bubble - nevermind that he rarely seemed to be better than that the last 7 years he was here and had sold his soul and control of the program to land Sidney.

If dan wins Arkansas and OM to get to 6-6 and a bowl, I'll be pleased with the season - and it'll be eerily similar to 2013. That shows improvement through the year when after week 1, literally no one thought we'd sniff bowl eligibility. If we had a kicker that hadn't shit his pants this year (after being solid last year), we could easily be 7-2 right now. Now for the offseason, time to go pick off some in-state OM commits. DO NOT let your name show up in a job hunt beyond a cursory mention at the beginning of the hunt, you can't control the initial mention, but you can control how long your name sticks around in the hunt. Tell them you aren't interested and hang up the phone. Pre-NCAA, there was a reason freeze's name might get mentioned in the initial speculation of a job hunt and then disappeared from what most considered the true candidates - he told them he wasn't interested and hung up the phone. Shaw at Stanford does the same thing. Petersen did the same thing at Boise until a job in the pacNW came calling. Sure, if Texas comes calling we understand, but the minnesotas and Marylands and miamis (history but in 2016, complete lack of support and commitment) of the CFB world are lateral moves, just hang up the phone. Finally, fire hevesy and hire a full time ST coordinator. Do those things and I'll be dreaming of 2017-2018 being similar to 2014-2015 coming off 2013.

dawgs
11-10-2016, 11:02 AM

No, dan and his agent kept him in those discussions. Guys get contacted all the time and quickly drop out off the list because they simply say no thanks. You think David Shaw hasn't been contacted by dozens of programs? Yet he hasn't been strongly rumored as a finalist for any of them, because he tells them no thanks.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 11:05 AM
People outside the program didn't understand why we wanted stans gone either. Sometimes when it's the team you follow, you can see the cracks forming long before the program collapses (nevermind that stans collapse would've happened the next year if he'd stuck around). But the outside perception was we got rid of a coach that regularly won 20+ games and had us on the bubble - nevermind that he rarely seemed to be better than that the last 7 years he was here and had sold his soul and control of the program to land Sidney.

If dan wins Arkansas and OM to get to 6-6 and a bowl, I'll be pleased with the season - and it'll be eerily similar to 2013. That shows improvement through the year when after week 1, literally no one thought we'd sniff bowl eligibility. If we had a kicker that hadn't shit his pants this year (after being solid last year), we could easily be 7-2 right now. Now for the offseason, time to go pick off some in-state OM commits. DO NOT let your name show up in a job hunt beyond a cursory mention at the beginning of the hunt, you can't control the initial mention, but you can control how long your name sticks around in the hunt. Tell them you aren't interested and hang up the phone. Pre-NCAA, there was a reason freeze's name might get mentioned in the initial speculation of a job hunt and then disappeared from what most considered the true candidates - he told them he wasn't interested and hung up the phone. Shaw at Stanford does the same thing. Petersen did the same thing at Boise until a job in the pacNW came calling. Sure, if Texas comes calling we understand, but the minnesotas and Marylands and miamis (history but in 2016, complete lack of support and commitment) of the CFB world are lateral moves, just hang up the phone. Finally, fire hevesy and hire a full time ST coordinator. Do those things and I'll be dreaming of 2017-2018 being similar to 2014-2015 coming off 2013.

I think we are finally heading in the right direction in basketball but it's STILL been 5 years and not even a winning record. I remember being assured by people that ANYBODY (and it wasn't qualified in any way) would do better than Stans. That turned out to be quite wrong. Thays the point. If you run a guy off who is perceived nationally as doing better than people perceive your program to be, you get a Rick Ray and things get worse. You have to let it play out. Mullen is far from played out.

Dawgtini
11-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Not surprising. When logical people inside hear it, they feel the same way. +1

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 11:06 AM
No, dan and his agent kept him in those discussions. Guys get contacted all the time and quickly drop out off the list because they simply say no thanks. You think David Shaw hasn't been contacted by dozens of programs? Yet he hasn't been strongly rumored as a finalist for any of them, because he tells them no thanks.

You know that for a fact do you? Good source?

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 11:07 AM

Yep

Percho
11-10-2016, 11:39 AM
If you were an up and coming coach, say first time head coach, who would you rather lead to a NC, a school that has been there many times or a school that had never been there?

That is if you believe in your heart that you could take the school you are at, there? You came in as a first time head coach saying, it can be done here.

The Impossible Dream, it's a song, believe it.

Can you do it, Dan?

Jack Lambert
11-10-2016, 12:07 PM
I would rather have Mullen then their coach.

maroonmania
11-10-2016, 01:25 PM

No they don't. Outsiders only really know 2 things. They know Mullen's win loss record against the backdrop of our traditional place within the SEC pecking order. So yea, with Mullen's record to date, he does look great to them because they all consider us a "loser" program. And we all agree that Mullen does have a lot positives. However, he has some glaring negatives as well that we see because we know the details of what is going on internal to the program that those folks do not see nor do they even care about.

dawgs
11-10-2016, 01:28 PM
You know that for a fact do you? Good source?

I've followed college sports long enough to know that when rumors persist around a coach long into a job hunt, it's because that coach is legitimately interested, probably interviewing, and definitely has not told them he wasn't interested.

Do you think the national media was just lying about Mullen being a candidate swept into the coaching search at Minnesota? Maryland? Miami? No. you may not want to accept it so you'll spin it as reporters reporting garbage or a smear campaign against little old msu, but national media doesn't give a shit about smearing msu, dan's name was mentioned because he was showing interest. Even if that interest was to try to angle for a raise at msu. But of course a savvy recruiter is going to spin that against us on the recruiting trail. And dan damn sure never made a strong public statement about not pursuing other jobs.

dawgs
11-10-2016, 01:31 PM
No they don't. Outsiders only really know 2 things. They know Mullen's win loss record against the backdrop of our traditional place within the SEC pecking order. So yea, with Mullen's record to date, he does look great to them because they all consider us a "loser" program. And we all agree that Mullen does have a lot positives. However, he has some glaring negatives as well that we see because we know the details of what is going on internal to the program that those folks do not see nor do they even care about.

Yep. And it's frustrating because we all see the weak spots and believe if we can fix them we'd have a good shot at being a regular 9+ W team, but for whatever reason dan refuses to make some pretty simple and easily fixable changes, so we continue down this path of feeling like we are slightly underachieving, even in 2014.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 02:21 PM
I've followed college sports long enough to know that when rumors persist around a coach long into a job hunt, it's because that coach is legitimately interested, probably interviewing, and definitely has not told them he wasn't interested.

Do you think the national media was just lying about Mullen being a candidate swept into the coaching search at Minnesota? Maryland? Miami? No. you may not want to accept it so you'll spin it as reporters reporting garbage or a smear campaign against little old msu, but national media doesn't give a shit about smearing msu, dan's name was mentioned because he was showing interest. Even if that interest was to try to angle for a raise at msu. But of course a savvy recruiter is going to spin that against us on the recruiting trail. And dan damn sure never made a strong public statement about not pursuing other jobs.

What national media? You are aware where most of those started aren't you?

BB30
11-10-2016, 02:52 PM
That is because we were and have been a "loser" program for most of our history save a few years here and there until Dan got here. Generally speaking if it is has walked like a duck and talked like a duck for most of its life it is usually a duck. Sorry that is not just perception. Now, we are finally starting to change some of that perception and Dan has played a huge role in that. He is the guy for the job if he will just learn to adapt when things seemingly are not working. He is still such a young head coach compared to many around him. I think a lot of people thought we would just carry on when Dak left and his shoes would not be nearly as large to fill. There had to be some growing pains and unfortunately we lost some games we had absolutely no business losing no matter the circumstances. I think Dan is starting to see the light and realize some things need to change and he is making those necessary changes all the while I think we are seeing our team finally gel under a new QB and some new faces on defense. I think our lack of success early on was just as much on the players needing time to gel as it was our coaches making some dumb decisions.

Dawg61
11-10-2016, 02:59 PM

Liverpool whine

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/tumblr_inline_ni3fg1vPcj1secrb6.jpg

BulldogBear
11-10-2016, 03:17 PM
If you were an up and coming coach, say first time head coach, who would you rather lead to a NC, a school that has been there many times or a school that had never been there?

That is if you believe in your heart that you could take the school you are at, there? You came in as a first time head coach saying, it can be done here.

The Impossible Dream, it's a song, believe it.

Can you do it, Dan?

It's the same reason nobody but Bammers gets on the game console (when there was a college game out there) and plays as Alabama. Win a title at Alabama or any of the traditional powers that have multiples.....it's a little boring. Naw, you get on the xbox and win a title with Duke or something. My son once came close to doing with Eastern Michigan once!

Jarius
11-10-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm not the one whining and yes they do. Tell me something if a coach at Indiana had done what Mullen has done here how would you look at them if they were wanting to run him off? I would say they had gone stark raving nuts and you would to.

That says more about you than anything. Why would you have such a strong opinion about something you don't know much of anything about? Everyone here bleeds maroon and has forgotten more about MSU football than an Indiana fan will ever know about our own program. Should we fire Mullen at the end of the year? Not at this point. We just beat the #4 team in the nation. He proved me wrong by getting the team to come together and play hard after they had shown multiple times this year that they didn't have a problem quitting. If they would have continued down that path of not caring we should have fired him because it would have been obvious that he lost the team. That's why you wait until the end of the year to make a decision.

gravedigger
11-10-2016, 04:16 PM
I agree that he needs to make those changes regardless of how this year turns out. He has made a few changes on the recruiting front but if Peterson, Gibson, and Austin are stuck behind a desk and can?t go off campus per NCAA rules and we?re still sending Hevesy and Sallach into the field, we?re still not maximizing our resources.

I think he needs to replace Hevesy, Knox, and Sallach with Will Friend, Larry Porter, and Reed Stringer although I have heard that Stringer and Dan didn?t get along in the past and I am assuming that Stringer didn?t get a show cause for the ULL investigation. If that?s the case, I think we should go Brad Peterson which is likely what will happen anyway. If the NCAA allows us to add another assistant coach, I would add Robert Gillespe and make him the RB coach and make Porter the ST coach and assistant head coach.

I do agree with you about the defensive staff. That?s why I made a promise to myself to give Sirmon a year no matter what and not to complain too much about him on message boards unless he is Ron Cooper bad. Our results have been mixed on defense to say the least- but right now we need some stability on that side of the ball. If we can get those JUCO?s in and they can contribute soon we should be a lot better next year because Simmons, Spencer, Kobe Jones, Fletcher Adams, Leo, Gerri Green, Jung, McLaurin, Durr, Peters, and Graham are all pretty solid in terms of raw talent. Bryant is too for that matter and I?m not sure what is going on with him but he?s not the same player he was last year.

More than anything Dan needs to do what he did on Saturday and delegate rather than be too involved in the defense and special teams as he has been in the past. I would include offense but since he is technically the offensive coordinator he kind of needs to be involved there. If he needs to turn that over to Brian Johnson so be it. I don?t think play calling has been that big of an issue anyway in and of itself on the offensive side of the ball. Holloway up the middle is more of a personnel decision to me than a play calling issue to me. When we?ve had scatbacks like Perkins and Holloway is when our offense becomes more pass heavy and that?s why we need between the tackles running backs like Aeris, Gibson, Kylin Hill, and etc. to maximize our offense.

Why Knox? Our running backs are fine. Now, if you are insinuating that Knox is calling plays I see your point.

thf24
11-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Why Knox? Our running backs are fine. Now, if you are insinuating that Knox is calling plays I see your point.

Something related to the RB position is not fine when it's taken the vast majority of RB's signed by Mullen two to three seasons to make it onto the field in a significant capacity. Not necessarily Knox's fault, but it's not unwarranted to think the position coach might have something to do with it.

dawgday166
11-10-2016, 04:33 PM

Those same folks pick us last in SEC W every year. And most on our boards get all offended and irate about that. When we don't finish last the outsiders say "Mullen's working miracles in Starkville". They actually think that we aren't much better than Vandy & KY and that is where we belong and should stay. They have no problem with us finishing 5 - 7 with an occasional higher finish. Since most are homers to some of the SEC Elite schools, they'd really hate to see us consistently do better than that ... don't you think?

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Liverpool whine

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/tumblr_inline_ni3fg1vPcj1secrb6.jpg
Well, I don't exactly whine.... I get mad as heck when I see stuff that started in UM OWNED media repeated as gospel on MSU boards.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 05:17 PM
That says more about you than anything. Why would you have such a strong opinion about something you don't know much of anything about? Everyone here bleeds maroon and has forgotten more about MSU football than an Indiana fan will ever know about our own program. Should we fire Mullen at the end of the year? Not at this point. We just beat the #4 team in the nation. He proved me wrong by getting the team to come together and play hard after they had shown multiple times this year that they didn't have a problem quitting. If they would have continued down that path of not caring we should have fired him because it would have been obvious that he lost the team. That's why you wait until the end of the year to make a decision.
and we would have hire another Rick Ray.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Those same folks pick us last in SEC W every year. And most on our boards get all offended and irate about that. When we don't finish last the outsiders say "Mullen's working miracles in Starkville". They actually think that we aren't much better than Vandy & KY and that is where we belong and should stay. They have no problem with us finishing 5 - 7 with an occasional higher finish. Since most are homers to some of the SEC Elite schools, they'd really hate to see us consistently do better than that ... don't you think?
Of course they would. I think we need to go back and hire Croom, no one ever started rumors about him leaving or talked about him working miracles. Y'all need to pull off the maroon glasses and stop using emotion to make your decisions about MSU.

dawgs
11-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Well, I don't exactly whine.... I get mad as heck when I see stuff that started in UM OWNED media repeated as gospel on MSU boards.

You're right, it's amazing that no other schools own the media and feed rumors of rival coaches leaving every year to the national media so they can run with it.

Even supposed this is all some grand ole miss plot, that doesn't explain why dan repeatedly fails to strongly come out in the media against the rumors. It's always some vague statement like "I'm the coach at Mississippi state today and I'm preparing to win the next game" or something that is most definitely not a denial and only fuels the rumors.

gravedigger
11-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Something related to the RB position is not fine when it's taken the vast majority of RB's signed by Mullen two to three seasons to make it onto the field in a significant capacity. Not necessarily Knox's fault, but it's not unwarranted to think the position coach might have something to do with it.

Im fine with agreeing to disagree on this, but its a stretch yo go from "might have something to do with it" to "needs to be fired"

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2016, 01:41 PM
You're right, it's amazing that no other schools own the media and feed rumors of rival coaches leaving every year to the national media so they can run with it.

Even supposed this is all some grand ole miss plot, that doesn't explain why dan repeatedly fails to strongly come out in the media against the rumors. It's always some vague statement like "I'm the coach at Mississippi state today and I'm preparing to win the next game" or something that is most definitely not a denial and only fuels the rumors.

He actually does. Y'all just don't accept what he says. What do you want him to say? "They only way I'll leave here is in a pine box" ??? Tommy Tuberville says hello.

Jarius
11-11-2016, 04:50 PM
and we would have hire another Rick Ray.

If A coach loses the locker room he's not going to do any better than Rick Ray anyway. At least we would be 1 step closer to Ben Howland.....or maybe we wouldn't have to hire a RickRay. Maybe a good up and comer would be willing to take the daunting task of winning 6 games a year while making 4 million dollars a year at an SEC school. All that means nothing at this Point because we are not firing anyone that just beat the #4 team in the country.

Todd4State
11-11-2016, 04:53 PM

Poor recruiting.

tireddawg
11-11-2016, 05:14 PM

You are a spin machine.

Token Bammer
11-11-2016, 06:32 PM
It's the same reason nobody but Bammers gets on the game console (when there was a college game out there) and plays as Alabama. Win a title at Alabama or any of the traditional powers that have multiples.....it's a little boring. Naw, you get on the xbox and win a title with Duke or something. My son once came close to doing with Eastern Michigan once!

Hey, there for a decade winning a title with BAMA was like winning one with Duke. I remember the dark ages....