PDA

View Full Version : Question about our basketball signees and freshmen

Todd4State
11-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Are any of them one and done guys or are any of them likely to go pro early at any point in their college career? Thanks from a baseball poster.

msbulldog
11-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Q

smootness
11-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Are any of them one and done guys or are any of them likely to go pro early at any point in their college career? Thanks from a baseball poster.

I would say that it's likely none of the freshmen are one-and-done, and I think Kegler is the only one I would say has a decent chance at being a two-year guy. But they're just about all talented enough to leave after 2-3 years if things go right. For the signees, I think Nick Weatherspoon could possibly be a one-and-done guy, but more than likely a two-year guy.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Kegler is the closest to a 1 & done. I think Nick & Lamar Peters are the closest to 2yr guys.

fishwater99
11-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Q will be back to play with is brother he night be gone after next year though.

They also have a younger brother who is a sophomore this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-09-2016, 02:48 PM
People thinking Q is an EE to the draft I just don't see what they're seeing. He's a tweener in the league. He's 6'4" which is short for a 2 guard & he's not overly athletic or a dead eye shooter. He also doesn't have the handle or passing ability to be a PG. Q is just a basketball player. He just gets it done. Unfortunately those type of guys aren't valued in the draft. He's not on any draft boards at the moment & only has been mentioned briefly in the late 2nd for 2018. Let's just enjoy him at MSU because we may see him for longer than we think.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-09-2016, 02:53 PM
I have a gut feeling that Q is the type to take his time and make sure he's got it right. It wouldnt surprise me to see him take the same path as a guard Howland had at UCLA, Arron Afflalo. A local guy that had similar freshman stats to Q, really blossomed in sophomore year and led UCLA in scoring. He hung around for junior year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-09-2016, 02:57 PM
I agree