PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald........

anubus
11-08-2016, 06:34 PM
It's going to be exciting to watch the next couple of seasons as Fitzgerald continues to improve and rack up monster stats.Imagine what will happen as he gets better developing touch on his throws in addition to his ability to run through and around defenses.

lamont
11-08-2016, 07:30 PM
We kept hearing that Fitz ran the ball better than Prescott- he does
We kept hearing that Fitz throws it deep better than Prescott- he does

He wont ever have the leadership skills or "IT factor" levels Prescott has- those are extremely rare.

his development on his decision-making ability, leadership, toughness, and commitment to film study will define who he becomes the next 2 years

Gutter Cobreh
11-08-2016, 07:35 PM

He wont ever have the leadership skills or "IT factor" levels Prescott has- those are extremely rare.

his development on his decision-making ability, leadership, toughness, and commitment to film study will define who he becomes the next 2 years

All true statements. For me, I'd hope he has a work ethic similar to Prescott. You can overcome a lot of deficiencies simply by "out working" the next guy.

DLGDawg
11-08-2016, 07:43 PM

So true on the "it" factor. Rare traits for sure.
"I got this coach".

Hopefully the game will continue to slow down for Fitz. That comes from reps and film study like you said. His toughness has already been proven to me though.

basedog
11-08-2016, 07:44 PM

+1

It's up to Fitz if he wants to be at the highest level.

JoseBrown
11-08-2016, 07:46 PM

Couldn't have said it better. I hope the early season dam Williams agenda supporters are beginning to see why we wanted Fitz and A williams playing.

Dawgface
11-08-2016, 07:55 PM

His leadership and toughness seems to be improving. No idea how much time he spends studying film. I would bet he is doing the time.

RocketDawg
11-08-2016, 09:18 PM
I think he's a little shy and maybe lacks some self confidence. That seems to be improving with experience (unsurprisingly). It's not really fair to compare him to Dak, but I think before he graduates he'll be right up there with him.

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 09:39 PM
All these last minute 4th quarter drives he's put together that gave us leads that we should've won(won AM), shows pretty dang good leadership if you ask me. He's performed at his best at nut cuttin time.

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2016, 10:57 PM

He is one tough SOB.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2016, 10:57 PM
I think he's a little shy and maybe lacks some self confidence. That seems to be improving with experience (unsurprisingly). It's not really fair to compare him to Dak, but I think before he graduates he'll be right up there with him.

This

He certainly plays is ass off, but he is a little shy. He was interviewed on the field after the A&M game & you could tell he was a little uncomfortable.

I expect he'll be a pro once he gains experience

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 11:10 PM
He is one tough SOB.

Yep! The One thing you can't question about Fitz is his toughness and effort! He's a gamer!

blacklistedbully
11-09-2016, 01:35 AM
Couldn't have said it better. I hope the early season dam Williams agenda supporters are beginning to see why we wanted Fitz and A williams playing.

Is Liverpooldog still declaring DWill the guy?

TUSK
11-09-2016, 03:02 AM
Yep! The One thing you can't question about Fitz is his toughness and effort! He's a gamer!

so, you're sayin "he can take a hit...or ten?"

Leroy Jenkins
11-09-2016, 05:20 AM
It's not really fair to compare him to Dak, but I think before he graduates he'll be right up there with him.

I think is fair to compare Sophomore Dak to Sophomore Fitz. Although Sophomore Dak didn't get to watch upperclassman Dak like Fitz did.

BrunswickDawg
11-09-2016, 08:57 AM

To a T, every interview I read in local papers or heard on local radio with Fitz's HS coach, he talked about Fitz being an impeccable leader. First on the field, last off, teammates gravitated to him, etc., etc., but it was sometimes a quiet leadership. He led Richmond Hill to it's only 10 win season in their history and their deepest playoff run.

Serious question. Is the there that much of a jump/learning curve to going from being a leader in HS to being a leader in college ball, or is it more about what type of leader our team was used to and needs? My only experience is HS so I can't judge what it takes at that next level.

thf24
11-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Serious question. Is the there that much of a jump/learning curve to going from being a leader in HS to being a leader in college ball, or is it more about what type of leader our team was used to and needs? My only experience is HS so I can't judge what it takes at that next level.

I don't have any more experience than you do in the matter, but it appears to me looking over recent history that the "quiet leader" approach isn't as effective in college as it is high school. No idea why, but while we always have plenty of the high effort, high work ethic, lead by example types, it's usually the vocal guys who emerge as the recognized team leaders. Fitz doesn't quite have that presence yet, but I think he's already showing signs of growing into it.

drunkernhelldawg
11-09-2016, 10:03 AM

He can't get to Dak's level of "IT", but he can get damn close to IT since he played behind Dak and has witnessed IT in minute detail. Not to mention his work ethic and focus.

msbulldog
11-09-2016, 01:37 PM
I think Dak was born into it, the IT factor was what got the MSU offer at camp when he was still in high school.