PDA

View Full Version : All these 11:00 starts plays to our advantage Saturday..

Jack Lambert
11-08-2016, 02:28 PM
I think it helped us this past Saturday. We were used to it. A&M wasn't. Bama is use to playing prime time and sleeping in. Just throwing that out there.

Op4isabitch
11-08-2016, 02:33 PM
I'd normally agree but the truth of the matter is, Bama could sleep in until Sunday and they'll still beat us, they are just to damn good on defense.

I'm super proud of how our guys did against aTm but Bama is a different beast, I don't see us scoring more than 10 and I honestly think that's a stretch.

BB30
11-08-2016, 03:04 PM
I'd normally agree but the truth of the matter is, Bama could sleep in until Sunday and they'll still beat us, they are just to damn good on defense.

I'm super proud of how our guys did against aTm but Bama is a different beast, I don't see us scoring more than 10 and I honestly think that's a stretch.

Yep, going to be a tough game. Hopefully we come out injury free and play with the same effort we saw this past Saturday and I will be satisfied. Would like to continue to see the defense improve as well. It looked like the team started to turn the corner last week so I hope we get to see a good competitive game this week with no quit. Their LBs and DL are so good it will be tough for Fitz and co to run the football this week.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Same here, I just want to see us play well. We have played Alabama the last 4 years or so being full of mistakes, the 20 yd punts and shanks so Dak started on the 10 each and every down had to go 80 yds just to find we couldn't score or make a field goal. I just want us to play Alabama well.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 03:15 PM
I don't think Dan and State have ever won the battle of field position against bama lately, it's real bad. I think if we could at least tie in that sense or have decent position for once, it may help us bc even Tyler Russell had to go 80 yds just to find a 0 at the end.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2016, 03:17 PM
We're still getting destroyed. Don't even think for one second we have any chance. 38-3

Dawgface
11-08-2016, 03:27 PM
AL could beat us with their 2nd team. Not putting our team down, just no chance in that game.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 04:14 PM
People on here say we play easy schedule but every year I think we have the hardest November of anyone or it's the ark, bama, tamu, OM time back to back where I say 'sh*t' who puts this mess together.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 04:17 PM
I want a vandy end of year game

dawgday166
11-08-2016, 04:42 PM
I think it helped us this past Saturday. We were used to it. A&M wasn't. Bama is use to playing prime time and sleeping in. Just throwing that out there.

We got Bammer right where we want em.

dawgday166
11-08-2016, 04:44 PM
People on here say we play easy schedule but every year I think we have the hardest November of anyone or it's the ark, bama, tamu, OM time back to back where I say 'sh*t' who puts this mess together.

I agree. Our new AD need to get that crap corrected. Not saying our schedule is tough but it is when compared to other West teams coming down the home stretch.

BB30
11-08-2016, 05:47 PM
I agree. Our new AD need to get that crap corrected. Not saying our schedule is tough but it is when compared to other West teams coming down the home stretch.

Heck, anyway you schedule it you still have to play them. I somewhat like it this way as it allows us a chance to find our identity going into these games. We don't beat A and M if we played them 3 weeks ago. There are arguments both ways but at the end of the day you are going to have some form of bama, LSU OM, ARK, AUB, and A and M and some of those games will have to be played one after the other. It is just a meat grinder no matter how you look at it. You move one of those games up early in the season you are then looking at LSU, Insert one of the above, and Auburn all together. IMO I would rather see Ole miss, Arkansas and Bama instead of LSU, BAMA, AUBURN or any combo of the above early. And there is no way we get a favorable schedule compared to our neighbors to our east so we are probably stuck with it the way it is.

LC Dawg
11-08-2016, 06:36 PM
**** Bama

Dallas_Dawg
11-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I wonder what they said leading up to the game in 1980?
I really don't know, it came before my time...

JoseBrown
11-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Will BJ keep calling plays? Will PS maintain control of the D? Will Dan sit back and be a head coach not a meddler from here on out? If the answer is yes, do we play competitive with Bama, and beat Arky and UNM? I think we would have a good chance.

JoseBrown
11-08-2016, 07:56 PM
I wonder what they said leading up to the game in 1980?
I really don't know, it came before my time...

IDK, but my parents pissed me off. They went to the game and made me play soccer. As the final score was announced the ref called a timeout for everyone to celebrate. It was surreal, and I wasn't at the game.

I do have a VHS video of the game with Jack Cristil overlayed on it. I watched it a thousand times. One of these days I need it converted to DVD..