PDA

View Full Version : OM QB situation

Gomez09
11-08-2016, 12:57 PM
I have been going back and forth on this since Sunday and I cant figure out what would be the easiest path to getting the egg back.... Om pulling the shirt off Patterson and letting him play or keeping the redshirt on him and rolling out Pellerin? What say ye guys?

scottycameron
11-08-2016, 01:02 PM
They stick with Pellerin we should be able to win in oxfart. I'd think our best chance.

Leroy Jenkins
11-08-2016, 01:04 PM
The OM strength is at WR, our weakness is at DB. I think Patterson can take advantage of that better than Pellorin. How much more? Don't know.

Dolphus Raymond
11-08-2016, 01:08 PM
If Patterson does not play,(excluding any potential NCAA issues) it is simply because they do not feel he can get the job done. That would not be an indictment of Patterson, but simply a reflection of a reality that would apply to just about any 18year old true freshman QB.
I like our chances better with him on the bench.

Cooterpoot
11-08-2016, 01:10 PM
We're going to beat their asses regardless. Let them burn Patterson for 3 games like the fools they are.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2016, 01:13 PM
90% of their fans think the season over. They have given up. I got a feeling the staff is probably feeling the same way. So who knows what they are going to do. I think Patterson will transfer if he is not in trouble with the NCAA.

RiverCityDawg
11-08-2016, 01:16 PM
I have been going back and forth on this since Sunday and I cant figure out what would be the easiest path to getting the egg back.... Om pulling the shirt off Patterson and letting him play or keeping the redshirt on him and rolling out Pellerin? What say ye guys?

We haven't seen enough of each to really know, right? Which one is least mobile? That's what I would go with without having seen how each throw and deal with pressure.

confucius say
11-08-2016, 01:16 PM
How mobile is shea?

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 01:18 PM
I would love nothing more than to beat Ole Miss's ass with Patterson in it at quarterback. If they do play Patterson, we can't lose, because even if they did win they would have to vacate it in the next year.

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Pellerin is the more mobile by far. Patterson pocket passer and very thin.

thf24
11-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Looking at it from Patterson's perspective, I'd ask not to play if I were him. If he's pegged as an individual in the investigation as suspected, he could count this year towards a potential suspension by keeping the redshirt intact, and even if he's not, staying out would help his case for transferring and playing immediately if he's considering that option. Bare minimum, he doesn't give away a potential 5th year in case he doesn't like his draft stock after year 4 just to play in 3-4 games. Plenty to gain from staying out, practically nothing from playing.

WinningIsRelentless
11-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Looking at it from Patterson's perspective, I'd ask not to play if I were him. If he's pegged as an individual in the investigation as suspected, he could count this year towards a potential suspension by keeping the redshirt intact, and even if he's not, staying out would help his case for transferring and playing immediately if he's considering that option. Bare minimum, he doesn't give away a potential 5th year in case he doesn't like his draft stock after year 4 just to play in 3-4 games. Plenty to gain from staying out, practically nothing from playing.

Prior precedent by the ncaa is to take the ability to redshirt away from players for improper benefits. See will Redmond

thf24
11-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Prior precedent by the ncaa is to take the ability to redshirt away from players for improper benefits. See will Redmond

Right, I'm saying if he's personally in trouble, then he could possibly count this year as part of his punishment. Redmond probably would have had more games added on the back end of his suspension had he played his true freshman year.

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Talked to a bear here at work this morning and he said he has heard that Patterson has asked to play. Is that true? I have no idea.

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 01:43 PM
If Patterson was playing we would already know it. It will be Pellerin for the rest of the season.

They have ran a package with Pellerin all year and found some success, but there is a huge difference in running a situational package situationally and running it all game. I don't think Freeze is a good enough coach to adjust his offense this quickly and find enough success to win with their Swiss cheese defense.

90% of Pellerins passes will be bubble screens, RB screeens and quick slants. Stack the box and play bend don't break with the DB's and Pellerin will make some mistakes. You already know that we can expect atleast 3 trick plays against them, and they will save the best of them for us. Gotta get some pressure and play disciplined football and I think we beat them in Oxford.

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Talked to a bear here at work this morning and he said he has heard that Patterson has asked to play. Is that true? I have no idea.

Ole Miss knows what they know about the Patterson situation, and if they don't play him that will verify what we think we know about the Patterson situation. He fits what Freeze likes do to much more so than Pellerin, and if they don't play him it will be for only one reason, the NCAA.

GTHOM
11-08-2016, 01:59 PM
How mobile is shea?

We played his high school team from LA before he went to IMG in 7 on 7 2 summer's ago. He can move but hes not the runner Kelly or Pellerin is. While QBs dont run the ball in 7 on 7 he looked pretty athletic too me. I think he could get hurt he's not very big, hes about Manziels size

vv83
11-08-2016, 02:02 PM
If Patterson is not going to play no matter what, who do they have if Pellerin goes down?

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 02:04 PM
If Patterson is not going to play no matter what, who do they have if Pellerin goes down?

Ole Miss has already said that they are prepping Evan Engram, Markell Pack and Jeremy Liggins at quarterback for emergency situations.

MadDawg
11-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Ole Miss has already said that they are prepping Evan Engram, Markell Pack and Jeremy Liggins at quarterback for emergency situations.

LMAO!!!

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2016, 02:21 PM
We won't find out for sure till they take the field in College Station. If I was them I sure wouldn't announce it one way or the other.

basedog
11-08-2016, 02:25 PM
My take, I could care less who OM plays at QB, I want to see Msu play the best game of the year and win!

Why worry over a game that will be 3 weeks away? One game at a time and improve each play and game.

SheltonChoked
11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
I think they play Patterson vs A&M. I also think he gets hurt from the pass rush.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
For those that know, how does Patterson compare to Shaun White?

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Chad jelly was not something to fear this year - with this offense, I doubt Patterson would be.

That's why I say, come with it freeze ...puhhlease

I have watched the OM games this year, offense could score quickly yes, but also could look awful ...I mean I was thinking we had a chance against jelly even
It's injury, big losses, the weight of the games, it's over mentality and or the type of team u can upset against

Our team looks the same way, sometimes good, sometimes awful but we played some sec teams reasonably but we are just trying to find an identity and gain some experience so we should have had an upset this year.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 02:45 PM
If freeze had any balls he would play Patterson in November, it's best for the TEAM.

How exciting this would be? The fan base would have hope. Our Bulldogs have extra motivation on their ascent ...confidence everybody, don't duck or you suck!

coastdoglover
11-08-2016, 02:48 PM
If freeze had any balls he would play Patterson in November, it's best for the TEAM.

How exciting this would be? The fan base would have hope. Our Bulldogs have extra motivation on their ascent ...confidence everybody, don't duck or you suck!

Freeze will play Patterson. Hugh knows he may get a show cause(and should) and won't be around any way. I have no idea how good he is but stepping in as a true freshman at this stage will not be easy.

RocketDawg
11-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Nobody knows how good Patterson will be at the college level since he hasn't played yet. Remember when Tiano came in for a few plays a few weeks ago? He didn't look all that great. Patterson could be the same way. Regardless, if he's going to play this year it'll be Saturday night, so there will be 2 weeks to prepare for whoever it is.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-08-2016, 03:16 PM

Is there something to Shea being involved in the NCAA investigation or is that just wishful thinking. All I have read about him and the investigation has been on message boards so I don't know If I believe it.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Shea Patterson at LSU or even state would have meant something this year but now I believe in Fitz and if I were Shea I would've gone to LSU no question bc Leonard could carry and by the end Shea may have been the guy to make the passes they need. You can see wrong decisions easily so I don't think Shea will carry the Rebs my opinion

I do believe Dan can coach QB's everyone would be nuts if they thought something else. Shea needs to run before he becomes OM standard of the near miss quality or the almost ...I mean everyone is understanding OM folk

DownwardDawg
11-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Pellerin is the more mobile by far. Patterson pocket passer and very thin.

Just turned on Finebaun to hear him saying Patterson was the #1 dual threat QB in the nation. They even had it on the screen. Lol

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Pellerin went 1-5 with 19 yards and an interception last weekend after Kelly went down. If he starts the rest of the year they will finish 4-8.

Maroonthirteen
11-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Patterson isn't playing.

Pellerin should have a td pass from last week. Ingram dropped a sure td. He just dropped it. It was a good pass.

Pellerin is moca Fitz. I'm not sure he is as good of runner as Fitz today. But with three weeks to prepare, Pellerin will be OK for them. He's no Kelly in the passing department but this isn't a 1998 situation for them. Unless Pellerin goes down too.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 03:56 PM
If pellerin cannot beat vandy he should be cut, but if Patterson couldn't ...even worse

Tamu ms state ...tamu probably won't lose because they were just upset (statistics) or odds are

So it's only the state game and I say bring Patterson bc how much fun would it be regardless ...we could laugh forever or just think next year will be better which was our original thought thinking we would face jelly - it's no issue for us either way

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2016, 03:57 PM

How many more years does that guy have? Didn't he play at 2 different Jucos before going to UNM?

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Just turned on Finebaun to hear him saying Patterson was the #1 dual threat QB in the nation. They even had it on the screen. Lol

Lol that is funny! Watch his video. The dude has a good arm and he's ok athletically but he's skinny and if he starts running around he's gonna get broke lol

scottycameron
11-08-2016, 04:08 PM
How mobile is shea?

I'd guess he has to be very mobile. He was the #1 dual threat QB on one of the crootin pages. Never seen him but that tells me he's pretty mobile.

smootness
11-08-2016, 04:20 PM
He's definitely mobile...sort of an Aaron Murray type.

dawgday166
11-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Lol that is funny! Watch his video. The dude has a good arm and he's ok athletically but he's skinny and if he starts running around he's gonna get broke lol

Folks said same thing about a guy named Montana.

ETA: QB is more about what's between the ears and how well someone sees (feels) the field. Same with great passers in the NBA (Bird/Magic).

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Never said Patterson couldn't play qb. The question was asked who's more mobile pellerin or Patterson. Pellerin is the more mobile for sure.

confucius say
11-08-2016, 05:00 PM
He's definitely mobile...sort of an Aaron Murray type.

I meant a fitz or manzeil type mobile. Aaron Murray was more of an "extend the play with your legs" and "pocket mobility" type guy. I never feared his running ability like I would a fitz, manziel, dak, tebow, cam, etc...

confucius say
11-08-2016, 05:05 PM
I'd guess he has to be very mobile. He was the #1 dual threat QB on one of the crootin pages. Never seen him but that tells me he's pretty mobile.

247 says #1 pro style qb, not dual threat. Rivals and ESPN say dual threat. Who knows.

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Patterson can move around but he's a passer not a runner. He's not Kelly or pellerin

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm sure Shea Patterson has a little sumthin, sumthin, but how great would it be to have him come in at the tail end of year and us to win the egg bowl at the beginning of his career. We've been thru Eli, we understand a great pass rush makes the best look flaky is Jefferson back yet, anyone know. You have to want history or chase it to make it.

You duck, u suck

It would be a dream to have Jefferson, Lewis, Simmons, spencer, brown at the end of this year ...please. Line up against Patterson, I would even go to Oxford

RocketDawg
11-08-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm sure Shea Patterson has a little sumthin, sumthin, but how great would it be to have him come in at the tail end of year and us to win the egg bowl at the beginning of his career. We've been thru Eli, we understand a great pass rush makes the best look flaky is Jefferson back yet, anyone know. You have to want history or chase it to make it.

You duck, u suck

It would be a dream to have Jefferson, Lewis, Simmons, spencer, brown at the end of this year ...please. Line up against Patterson, I would even go to Oxford

He played Saturday in the A&M game. Only missed one game.

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Good.

You guys have no faith but ..really to lose a year of stats, to possibly losing the egg bowl, I think it worth burning a redshirt year. I would bet Hugh would try to beat us with Pellerin bc you guys worried about pellerin. Just like the run of whomever it was ...oh Walton

I mean you guys worried about Patterson like he matters

I_Spy
11-08-2016, 05:36 PM
It would be engram probably

MedDawg
11-08-2016, 05:37 PM
We played his high school team from LA before he went to IMG in 7 on 7 2 summer's ago. He can move but hes not the runner Kelly or Pellerin is. While QBs dont run the ball in 7 on 7 he looked pretty athletic too me. I think he could get hurt he's not very big, hes about Manziels size

Patterson averaged 10.5 yards per game rushing as a junior in Louisiana and 27.1 yards per game rushing at IMG. His junior year stats in Louisiana were really good, but his stats at IMG weren't anything special, especially considering the whole roster is full of HS All-Stars from all over the country. Certainly not worthy of a 5-star QB, much less #1 at the position. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/shea-patterson/EO2mGgUtEeOZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

LC Dawg
11-08-2016, 07:15 PM
You know why Ole Miss recruited Patterson? Because he had a #1 by his name by a recruit ranking. They didn't evaluate him. He may turn out to be good but they have no idea how good he is except for his ranking. You could put a #1 by Mike Henig and Ole Miss would spend hundreds of thousands to sign him.