PDA

View Full Version : Early basketball predictions.

JETDAWG
11-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I am watching a replay of the delta state exhibition game, and was really excited about all the buzz surrounding our basketball team, but as I watch I noticed that we had a difficult time knocking down three's. Seeing Kentucky beat a team by 100 was really scary too. Any thoughts on this young team ?

thf24
11-08-2016, 12:52 PM
We took a ton of bad shots in that game. When we set up the offense and waited for a good shot, they went down. I'm really hoping the selfish play and early shots was a result of the young guys pressing for spots in the rotation, because if that trend continues into the season we could have some ugly games despite how immensely talented we are.

Bothrops
11-08-2016, 01:19 PM
They're some guys on this team that can shoot and score, but it will take some time for the light to come on.

drummerdawg
11-08-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm not concerned about the 3 ball. We've got guys that can shoot. The thing that concerns me the most is that we're very athletic but didn't play that way. I don't remember us running the floor very much and I think we only had like 2 dunks the whole game. I looked up the stats and we only had 2 points from fast breaks. That's bad. Delta State even had 4. Kentucky probably had close to 100 points off of fast breaks in their exhibition game. It kinda got boring watching Kentucky steal the ball and the dunk it on the other end, but they ran the floor very well and used their athleticism. OM even had 11 points from fast breaks. Howland said after the game that he thought we played too fast. Idk how that's possible. Idk if we're teaching our guys to slow it down or what, but I'd like to see us run the floor a lot more.

messageboardsuperhero
11-08-2016, 01:44 PM
We will struggle some this season- but it won't be because of 3 point shooting. We can shoot. That is the least of my concerns.

NIT=successful season

thf24
11-08-2016, 01:56 PM
I'm not concerned about the 3 ball. We've got guys that can shoot. The thing that concerns me the most is that we're very athletic but didn't play that way. I don't remember us running the floor very much and I think we only had like 2 dunks the whole game. I looked up the stats and we only had 2 points from fast breaks. That's bad. Delta State even had 4. Kentucky probably had close to 100 points off of fast breaks in their exhibition game. It kinda got boring watching Kentucky steal the ball and the dunk it on the other end, but they ran the floor very well and used their athleticism. OM even had 11 points from fast breaks. Howland said after the game that he thought we played too fast. Idk how that's possible. Idk if we're teaching our guys to slow it down or what, but I'd like to see us run the floor a lot more.

My guess would be that we pulled up for jumpers too much on fast breaks instead of taking to the hole. We also had some missed layups that shouldn't have been, I think two by Q in particular.

sleepy dawg
11-08-2016, 02:51 PM
I don't expect much. After so many years of sucking, I'll believe we're good when I see it.