PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a summary of OM violations?

phatdog
11-08-2016, 08:20 AM
asking for a friend.

BulldogBear
11-08-2016, 08:26 AM
asking for a friend.

Seems like we get a request for a list every 4-6 weeks. Can we just sticky one?

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2016, 08:28 AM
asking for a friend.

Just pick a violation. Any violation. Odds are pretty good they did it.

DawgHouseUnited
11-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Seems like we get a request for a list every 4-6 weeks. Can we just sticky one?

I think it was DeviousDog that put together a really good summary with probable min/max Penalties? That was a while back though.

Political Hack
11-08-2016, 08:44 AM
It's the longest list in the history of the NCAA. Sort of hard to keep up with it all.

lamont
11-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Go to the search feature in the upper right and list devious dawg. He has made some outstanding posts on the subject

Schultzy
11-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I read the response (which includes the allegations as well) at scribd.com and only looked at 44 of the 154 pages in the response but there is some funny stuff in there. It talks about the make and model of vehicles and telling the dealership and players to stop and on the third loaner said player was hiding it in another parking lot so UM compliance missed it blah blah bla.

Each response begins with "the university agrees...

It's not just funny it's educational as well as to how it works.

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Here is a post I made in August...

Revised Ole Miss sanctions prediction: Maroon Friday Edition
Hey Rebs, remember about a month ago when I made a prediction on your future sanctions? You all laughed and said "DD34 and the rest of the guys over on ED are delusional. 15 over 3 at the most and Freeze is fine". Well, if you don't remember it, even though I know you do, here is the original post below. Remember, this is only based on what is on the original NOA that you received in late January.

Originally Posted by DeviousDawg
When you really look into the NOA and compare it to previous NCAA investigations, Ole Miss's self imposed sanctions are a joke. The actual sanctions should at least double the self imposed sanctions.

When looking through the NOA, it really breaks into 4 parts, the Tunsil stuff (allegations 1-4), the Kiffin stuff (allegations 5-7), the Walter Hughes stuff (allegation 8) and the ACT stuff (allegations 10-13). Allegation 9 was a BS level III violation involving recruiting videos. The fairest way to estimate OM's sanctions would be to treat each of the 4 parts as separate investigations and add the results from each.

Part 1: Tunsil

We can compare Tunsil's allegations to our own with Redmond. We gave Redmond a $2500 discount on a vehicle. We got 4 schollies over 2 years and 2 year probation, Mirando received a 1 year show cause. It should also be considered that we self reported all of this and cooperated fully with the NCAA who accepted our self imposed sanctions

Ole Miss is accused of giving Tunsil $7,495 worth of free car loans in allegation #1. Allegation #2 is really just an extension of #1, it says that after Tunsil was caught using free cars, he did it again, and Ole Miss failed to monitor whether he was continuing to do it. This isn't good for them because while #2 is only a level II violation, it will most certainly make #1 become an aggravated Level I violation. Allegation #3 is a booster giving Miller $800. #4 involves free lodging and stuff for Tunsil's family worth $2,253. So that's a total of $10,548 worth of inducements to Tunsil and fam as well as a failure to monitor.

When compared to our 4 schollies and 2 years of probation, OM's allegations 1-4 should be worth at least double but probably triple what we got for Redmond's stuff.

Conservative guess for allegations 1-4:

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

Part 2: Kiffin

These allegations aren't too serious. There were 2 level III allegations, one for talking to a recruit during spring evaluation period, one for letting a recruit stay at his house. There was also one level II allegation which involved Kiffin setting up lodging, transportation and meals for family friends of a recruit, the monetary total of the inducements was worth $1027.

Conservative guess for allegation 5-7:

1-2 scholarships
possible 1 year show cause for Kiffin but most likely a suspension of some sort.

Part 3: Walter Hughes

This one could go so many different ways. There are 16 sub violations in the Level I allegation #8. All involve Walter Hughes and recruiting inducements. Three assistant coaches (Harris, Kiffin, and Matt Luke) and Hugh Freeze are listed in this allegation. All are said to have been contacted by Hughes while knowingly committing NCAA recruiting violations. So throw ignorance on OM's part of the window for this violation, which is never good.

The total monetary value for allegation #8 was $2,250. It involved 4 current coaches, 3 recruits and one booster. If we got 4 scholarships for $2,500 worth of inducements to Redmond, involving 1 coach, 1 recruit and 1 booster with exemplary cooperation on our part, then you would have to put the lowest amount of scholarships docked for this allegation at 4.

Conservative guess for allegation 8:

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation
2 year show cause for Maurice Harris

Part 4: ACT scandal

Let's compare this to ULL's case, they are actually very similar. ULL had 4 level I violations, so did OM. The first one for each schools was about fixing ACT scores. ULL's involved one coach and 6 recruits. OM's involved 3 coaches and 3 recruits, one of which is still on staff in Derrick Nix, who put the recruits families in contact with Saunders and the Crager(sp?) lady to receive free lodging, transportation and meals, similar to Mirando's case. The second allegations for both schools involved improper inducements to recruits. ULL's was worth $6,500 while OM's was worth $1650. The last 2 allegations for both schools involved coaches lying to the NCAA during investigations, just Saunders for ULL; Saunders and Vaughn for OM.

The NCAA stated that ULL received the lowest possible penalties for their violations(11 scholarships over 3 years and 2 years of probation) because the University was unaware of Saunders actions and acted swiftly to fire him and self report as well as cooperate fully with the NCAA. Well, Ole Miss can't really say the same because Nix is STILL ON STAFF. There's a reason Ole Miss is fighting Nix's involvement, but they aren't going to win it. All of this leads me to believe that, if ULL received the lowest possible penalties that OM would at least have to get 11 schollies for the ACT allegations.

Conservative guess for allegations 10-13:

11-14 scholarships
1-2 year show cause for Nix
8 year show cause for Vaughn
1 year bowl ban

Adding all 4 parts together for a final estimate:

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Seems harsh, but when you really break it down into it's components I think that is a well educated and fair estimate.

Now that your memory has been jogged, I will add to my predictions. These predictions are based on what the sanctions will look like after the addendum to the NOA. The predictions are based off facts that I am hearing on who is now talking after receiving immunity. I can tell you one thing, some of the things that will come out over the next 6 months will shake the network down to its very core..... I am writing this with the hopes that you will accept this so that you are not Blindsided when the facts come out.

Original Sanctions:
24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Revised Sanctions with the addendum in mind:
30-40 scholarships
5 years of probation
2-3 year bowl ban
2-5 year Show Causes for: Derrick Nix, Maurice Harris, and Hugh Freeze
Suspensions for: Chris Kiffin and Matt Luke
Lack of Institutional Control

I keep hearing Ole Miss fans saying, "well, no one has been fired so we are obviously OK". Let's talk about this. Remember our Redmond deal? What did we do? We immediately fired Angelo Mirando, this was for a violation only worth 4 scholarships. Remember the Bo Davis/Alabama situation early in the Summer? Nick Saban found out that Bo Davis was visiting recruits during a no contact period, what did Saban do? Immediately fire Bo Davis. Actually, that exact violation is on OM's original NOA, but no one has been fired. Why has no one been fired at OM? Because every single one of your coaches is guilty, they know it and Freeze knows it. If Freeze fired a coach for something that he told the assistant coach to do, you can bet your ass that that coach would take advantage of the immunity deal and take down Freeze and Ole Miss on a level that hasn't been seen since SMU. Let that sink in.

Enjoy your last supper of a season this year, but just remember, no matter how this season turns out for y'all, it will always have a big ole asterisk next to it. At this point the only question is whether the NCAA chooses death row or life in prison. Pick your poison Rebels, you asked for it, and you will get everything you deserve.

Happy Maroon Friday to all!

sleepy dawg
11-08-2016, 12:21 PM
I can't rep devious any more... Y'all give this guy rep points if you can. He deserves it.

DeviousDawg
11-08-2016, 12:33 PM
I can't rep devious any more... Y'all give this guy rep points if you can. He deserves it.

I'm working on something new that should be ready by the Egg Bowl. Been a while since I've poked the Bear, but it's still coming and I fully expect the sanctions to be very close to my revised predictions from August.

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Taken care of.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm working on something new that should be ready by the Egg Bowl. Been a while since I've poked the Bear, but it's still coming and I fully expect the sanctions to be very close to my revised predictions from August.

He's getting some rep from me!!! Even though I appreciated your work a few months back, seeing it again still brings a big smile to my face. :D

MedDawg
11-08-2016, 01:25 PM
asking for a friend.

I can't post it until I get home. I got it from here, so it's available by search. Also, DeviousDawg's post above in this thread has more detail.

QuadrupleOption
11-08-2016, 04:57 PM
asking for a friend.

My summary:

They're ****ed.

MedDawg
11-08-2016, 05:20 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?44311

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cjeh6NZWkAAJXgO.jpg:large

AlmostPositive
11-08-2016, 11:16 PM
1. Player loaned 2012 Nissan Titan at no charge.
2. Player loaned 2004 Tahoe at no charge.
3. Player loaned 2008 Nissan Armada at no charge.
4. Player loaned 2013 Chevy Impala at no charge.
5. Player made car purchase listing a down payment that was never made. Ultimately considered interest free loan.
6. Player given $800 in cash.
7. 12 counts of free lodging during 7/2013 and 5/2014
8. Two more counts of free lodging 6/7-8, 2013
9. Three more counts of free loading to attend football games 10/2013 - 11/2013
10. One more count of free lodging March 8, 2014
11. Two more counts of free lodging April 4-5, 2014
12. Another night of free lodging May 10, 2014
13. Three more nights of free lodging May 25-27, 2014
14. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged of providing two nights of lodging at is personal residence
15. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have arranged for meals for a recruit's extended family members*
16. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have arranged lodging for a recruit's extended family members.
17. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have had improper in person contact with a recruit at their high school.
18. A booster is alleged to have assisted in the recruitment of four players.
19. OM assistant coach Maurice Harris alleged to have knowledge of the booster's involvement and alleged to have facilitated the involvement.
20. OM assistant coach Maurice Harries alleged to have arranged improper benefits for two of the four recruits.*
21. October 13, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
22. November 10, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
23. November 24, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
24. Booster alleged to have contacted a recruit's mother at Coach Maurice Harris' instruction.
25. Coach Hugh Freeze alleged to have attended an in home visit with Coach Maurice Harris and a booster. *Freeze alleged to have had contact with booster during visit.
26. In December of 2012, booster alleged to have paid recruit's phone bill.
27. In December of 2012, booster alleged to have paid recruit's mother's phone bill.
28. January of 2013, booster alleged to have provided transportation, tickets and meals' to Ole Miss bowl game with Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge
29. Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged improper contact with recruit at team hotel.
30. Booster alleged to have contacted a recruit's mother at Coach Maurice Harris' instruction
31. January of 2013, booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit's mother and sister to attend unofficial visit to Ole Miss.
32. January 18-19, 2013 Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged free lodging for recruit's family members
33. January 20, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for prospects to Coach Hugh Freeze's residence.
34. January 20, 2013 mother and sister allegedly provided meals at Freeze's residence.
35. January 26, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit to campus with Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge
36. January 27, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit.*
37. January 30, 2013 booster alleged to have hosted Coach Maurice Harris, a recruit and their family at his home.
38. February 2-3, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit for visit to campus
39. February 2, 2013 Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged free lodging for booster who provided transportation. Ole Miss assistant Coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have been present upon booster's arrival
40. March 24, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to attend Ole Miss baseball game.
41. 2012-2013 it is alleged that a recruit received improper academic assistance allegedly with Coach Hugh Freeze and Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge.
42. $510 of Ole Miss clothing allegedly provided to recruit
43. It is alleged that a recruiting video was produced with recruits wearing the school's logo. This production alleged took place with Coach Hugh Freeze's knowledge.
44. Former OM assistant Chris Vaughn is alleged to have instructed three recruits to take the ACT at Wayne County and to not answer any questions on the test that they did not know the answers as part of an attempt to cheat on the test.
45. Former OM staffer David Saunders is alleged to have arranged for the three prospects to take the test in Wayne County and alleged to have arranged for their tests to be altered to receive fraudulent scores.
46. Those players were found eligible, received aid and some*were members of the Ole Miss football team from 2010 through 2014 and competed in athletic contests.
47. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staff members David Saunders and Chris Vaughn arranged for an Ole Miss booster to provide housing, meals and transportation for five recruits in the summer of 2010. (Ed Center)
46. Saunders is alleged to have arranged the same benefits for a sixth recruit. (Ed Center)
47. Ole Miss assistant coach Derrick Nix is alleged to have taken part in arranging benefits for the sixth recruit. (Ed Center)
48. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staffer Chris Vaughn lied to the NCAA enforcement staff and alleged to have contacted other witnesses in the case despite being told not to.
49. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staffer David Saunders lied to the NCAA enforcement staff.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2016, 11:38 PM
1. Player loaned 2012 Nissan Titan at no charge.
2. Player loaned 2004 Tahoe at no charge.
3. Player loaned 2008 Nissan Armada at no charge.
4. Player loaned 2013 Chevy Impala at no charge.
5. Player made car purchase listing a down payment that was never made. Ultimately considered interest free loan.
6. Player given $800 in cash.
7. 12 counts of free lodging during 7/2013 and 5/2014
8. Two more counts of free lodging 6/7-8, 2013
9. Three more counts of free loading to attend football games 10/2013 - 11/2013
10. One more count of free lodging March 8, 2014
11. Two more counts of free lodging April 4-5, 2014
12. Another night of free lodging May 10, 2014
13. Three more nights of free lodging May 25-27, 2014
14. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged of providing two nights of lodging at is personal residence
15. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have arranged for meals for a recruit's extended family members*
16. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have arranged lodging for a recruit's extended family members.
17. OM assistant coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have had improper in person contact with a recruit at their high school.
18. A booster is alleged to have assisted in the recruitment of four players.
19. OM assistant coach Maurice Harris alleged to have knowledge of the booster's involvement and alleged to have facilitated the involvement.
20. OM assistant coach Maurice Harries alleged to have arranged improper benefits for two of the four recruits.*
21. October 13, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
22. November 10, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
23. November 24, 2012 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to and from football game and all parties received meal.
24. Booster alleged to have contacted a recruit's mother at Coach Maurice Harris' instruction.
25. Coach Hugh Freeze alleged to have attended an in home visit with Coach Maurice Harris and a booster. *Freeze alleged to have had contact with booster during visit.
26. In December of 2012, booster alleged to have paid recruit's phone bill.
27. In December of 2012, booster alleged to have paid recruit's mother's phone bill.
28. January of 2013, booster alleged to have provided transportation, tickets and meals' to Ole Miss bowl game with Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge
29. Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged improper contact with recruit at team hotel.
30. Booster alleged to have contacted a recruit's mother at Coach Maurice Harris' instruction
31. January of 2013, booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit's mother and sister to attend unofficial visit to Ole Miss.
32. January 18-19, 2013 Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged free lodging for recruit's family members
33. January 20, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for prospects to Coach Hugh Freeze's residence.
34. January 20, 2013 mother and sister allegedly provided meals at Freeze's residence.
35. January 26, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit to campus with Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge
36. January 27, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit.*
37. January 30, 2013 booster alleged to have hosted Coach Maurice Harris, a recruit and their family at his home.
38. February 2-3, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruit for visit to campus
39. February 2, 2013 Coach Maurice Harris alleged to have arranged free lodging for booster who provided transportation. Ole Miss assistant Coach Chris Kiffin alleged to have been present upon booster's arrival
40. March 24, 2013 booster alleged to have provided transportation for recruits to attend Ole Miss baseball game.
41. 2012-2013 it is alleged that a recruit received improper academic assistance allegedly with Coach Hugh Freeze and Coach Maurice Harris' knowledge.
42. $510 of Ole Miss clothing allegedly provided to recruit
43. It is alleged that a recruiting video was produced with recruits wearing the school's logo. This production alleged took place with Coach Hugh Freeze's knowledge.
44. Former OM assistant Chris Vaughn is alleged to have instructed three recruits to take the ACT at Wayne County and to not answer any questions on the test that they did not know the answers as part of an attempt to cheat on the test.
45. Former OM staffer David Saunders is alleged to have arranged for the three prospects to take the test in Wayne County and alleged to have arranged for their tests to be altered to receive fraudulent scores.
46. Those players were found eligible, received aid and some*were members of the Ole Miss football team from 2010 through 2014 and competed in athletic contests.
47. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staff members David Saunders and Chris Vaughn arranged for an Ole Miss booster to provide housing, meals and transportation for five recruits in the summer of 2010. (Ed Center)
46. Saunders is alleged to have arranged the same benefits for a sixth recruit. (Ed Center)
47. Ole Miss assistant coach Derrick Nix is alleged to have taken part in arranging benefits for the sixth recruit. (Ed Center)
48. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staffer Chris Vaughn lied to the NCAA enforcement staff and alleged to have contacted other witnesses in the case despite being told not to.
49. It is alleged that former Ole Miss staffer David Saunders lied to the NCAA enforcement staff.

TCUN 17'd seven ways from Sunday!!!

Crystal Balls
11-09-2016, 08:20 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AlmostPositive again."