PDA

View Full Version : '12 vs '13

msstate7
09-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Last year we opened up with easy games and got a false sense of security. This year we open with a good opponent and everyone feels the sky is falling. I personally think starting with tough opponent is better for our team. If we have competitive athletes on our team, DM should have their full attention in practice this week. Overconfidence isn't an issue.

Gordon Gekko
09-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree. I will admit that I was adamantly opposed to this game, but now I think it was needed. It's year five, we need to see where we stand and if we are moving in the right direction. It's easy to sit back and say we haven't won any big games being in the SEC west and playing top 5-10 teams. That is a valid argument and one I agree with, you can't blame them for losing to the LSUs and Alabama's of the past few years because they were basically NFL lite. This was a good opportunity to play a ranked team, that we matched up well with talent wise to see where we stand as a program. We obviously have some issues that need to be addressed and if they are corrected early in the year we will look back see this game as a blessing.