PDA

View Full Version : Big 10 east division

msstate7
11-07-2016, 10:15 PM
If Ohio state beats Michigan and penn state wins out (@Indiana, @rutgers, and Michigan state), wouldn't penn state represent the big 10 east in championship game? Penn state and Michigan won't play and penn state would've beat Ohio state who beat Michigan.

This is interesting to me bc it could potentionally ruin the big 10's playoff chances.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Why the hell don't all teams in a division play each other? Big 10 has always had trouble doing things correctly. Remember when the called their divisions the "Legends" and "Leaders"?

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Check this out....from their website on tie breakers regarding who would play in the playoffs.

If the two divisional representatives met previously in the season and neither is ranked No. 1, 2, 3 or 4 in the final College Football Playoff poll, the team ranked highest in the final poll shall be the representative to the College Football Playoff, unless the other team is ranked within five or fewer places of the higher ranked team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the two teams shall determine the conference's representative.

Sorry Big10, if neither is ranked 1,2,3 or 4 in the final poll, you don't get a representative in the playoffs. That entire paragraph made no sense.

missouridawg
11-07-2016, 10:58 PM
If Ohio state beats Michigan and penn state wins out (@Indiana, @rutgers, and Michigan state), wouldn't penn state represent the big 10 east in championship game? Penn state and Michigan won't play and penn state would've beat Ohio state who beat Michigan.

This is interesting to me bc it could potentionally ruin the big 10's playoff chances.

Michigan beat Penn State 49-10 already this season. Not sure what the tiebreaker for them is, as it would be a 3 way tie.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Michigan beat Penn State 49-10 already this season. Not sure what the tiebreaker for them is, as it would be a 3 way tie.

Wow...nevermind. I completely missed that game.

TUSK
11-08-2016, 01:16 AM
The more I see Ohio State play, the less concern I have regarding the B1G......

Commercecomet24
11-08-2016, 01:28 AM
The more I see Ohio State play, the less concern I have regarding the B1G......

Hasn't been impressive at all has it? I've been underwhelmed by the big10

msstate7
11-13-2016, 12:13 AM
Michigan really screwed Ohio state tonight by losing. Now Michigan controls their own destiny and if Ohio st beats Michigan, penn state goes to championship game assuming psu beats Rutgers and Michigan st

dawgday166
11-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Michigan really screwed Ohio state tonight by losing. Now Michigan controls their own destiny and if Ohio st beats Michigan, penn state goes to championship game assuming psu beats Rutgers and Michigan st

In my mind Lville should be #3 come Monday. But unless they are ACC champs I'm sure the committee would put in 3 other conference champs with Bama. I'm believing that if they show up ready to play on a neutral field, they would smoke anyone in B1G, Pac 12, Big 12, ACC, and SEC (except Bama). Bama and them would be a helluva a game IMO. There may be another 3 or so teams in the country that may not get totally blown out by them, but I don't think anyone other than Bama beats them on a neutral field.