PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh, Things are Back to Normal: Dan Walsh Always Looking to Leave

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Well, at least things are back to normal. Mullen puts a good team on the field & suddenly he's a candidate for every job in the country. You just can't help yourself can you Dan?

This is what the national media doesn't get about why many MSU fans want Mullen gone. It's not all about his wins & losses. Much of it has to do with him slutting himself out for every job in America. The media doesn't understand that. They just believe MSU fans should shut their mouths & be happy about it because we have a coach that for some reason we don't deserve. And while we are at it, why do some power 5 schools deserve better coaches than others? What a great model of competition we have here.

Well, at least things are back to normal.

Gotta love the "Overachieving Success" that gets thrown out. As if MSU doesn't deserve to win or something.

And before anyone says that coaches can't control this, remember that Saban wanted the NY Giants job last year & you didn't hear one peep about it in the media till 3 weeks ago. Think about that......

http://247sports.com/Article/College-football-hot-seat-rumors-on-Mark-Helfrich-Charlie-Strong-48808962

http://i.imgur.com/idVKZrW.jpg

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:41 PM
So, you're blaming Mullen for this article?

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 02:42 PM
So, you're blaming Mullen for this article?

More of blaming Mullen collectively for all the articles over the past 3 or so years. He's just always brought up while other coaches aren't. Ask yourself why?

Agents control this stuff. Never forget that.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-07-2016, 02:44 PM
That looks like a writer for 247 compiling a list of potential coaches, not Dan putting in for the job. Reading comprehension is very important.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 02:45 PM
That looks like a writer for 247 compiling a list of potential coaches, not Dan putting in for the job. Reading comprehension is very important.

Again, he's just always brought up.

Ask why.

Really Clark?
11-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Come on. That has nothing to do with Mullen or his agent. Just like the 247 Maryland fake rumor that everybody keeps trying to lump on him. Just some guy speculating on a fan website.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:46 PM
More of blaming Mullen collectively for all the articles over the past 3 or so years. He's just always brought up while other coaches aren't. Ask yourself why?

Dude, it's a 247 article. You think dan's agent is calling up 247 guys asking them to pimp dan out. Should ok state and North Carolina get rid of gundy and fedora bc of this?

Really Clark?
11-07-2016, 02:48 PM

Ask why.

Because nationally many believe the job he has done in the SEC west with a low tier porgram is seen a lot different than with many of our fans. He has been winning here a good bit above our historic norm and it plays a lot differently outside of our bubble.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Come on. That has nothing to do with Mullen or his agent. Just like the 247 Maryland fake rumor that everybody keeps trying to lump on him. Just some guy speculating on a fan website.

How do you know?

Again, we heard nothing about Saban & the NY Giants till 3 weeks ago

Don't kill the messenger

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Well, at least things are back to normal. Mullen puts a good team on the field & suddenly he's a candidate for every job in the country. You just can't help yourself can you Dan?

This is what the national media doesn't get about why many MSU fans want Mullen gone. It's not all about his wins & losses. Much of it has to do with him slutting himself out for every job in America. The media doesn't understand that. They just believe MSU fans should shut their mouths & be happy about it because we have a coach that for some reason we don't deserve. And while we are at it, why do some power 5 schools deserve better coaches than others? What a great model of competition we have here.

Gotta love the "Overachieving Success" that gets thrown out. As if MSU doesn't deserve to win or something.

And before anyone says that coaches can't control this, remember that Saban wanted the NY Giants job last year & you didn't hear one peep about it in the media till 3 weeks ago. Think about that......

http://247sports.com/Article/College-football-hot-seat-rumors-on-Mark-Helfrich-Charlie-Strong-48808962

Come on man, that's a spec article. It's a wish list. What you just did is what the Confederates and their minions have been doing since Mullen got here. Why do WE have to do it too?

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 02:50 PM
You think dan's agent is calling up 247 guys asking them to pimp dan out?

Yes, yes I do.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Because nationally many believe the job he has done in the SEC west with a low tier porgram is seen a lot different than with many of our fans. He has been winning here a good bit above our historic norm and it plays a lot differently outside of our bubble.

THIS in mega bulk. You are 100% spot on.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Yes, yes I do.

Unreal.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Come on man, that's a spec article. It's a wish list. What you just did is what the Confederates and their minions have been doing since Mullen got here. Why do WE have to do it too?

How come Michigan doesn't do it with Dantonio or Auburn with Saban or Florida with Jimbo, or South Carolina with Clemson?

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Some of those articles are by people that think there is no way you could be happy in Starkville. We have no control over what happens but if Dan gets an extension this year then you know everyone is dedicated to building something here. If Dan has any intention of leaving then I doubt he wants an extension that he would have to buyout to go somewhere else. The Oregon job is thrown out there because of his link to Chip Kelly.

confucius say
11-07-2016, 02:52 PM
If saban truly wanted the giants job, the Mara family would have collectively walked to Tuscaloosa to offer it to him

Mjoelner34
11-07-2016, 02:53 PM
I'll wait until Bonner mentions it before I get nervous.**

Liverpooldawg
How come Michigan doesn't do it with Dantonio or Auburn with Saban or Florida with Jimbo, or South Carolina with Clemson?

They do.

Tbonewannabe
Dan just came out and said he loves MSU in every way so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt at least through the end of the year. Nothing we can do about it right now anyway.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Shotgun, I generally like your posts but this is a stretch. This is just his opinion and a wish list. He didn't mention any sources saying there was interest. We sometimes just follow what happens with MSU but there are coaches every year who's names are mentioned for other jobs, it's not just Dan. Heck I saw an article that mention Freeze for LSU just a few weeks ago, you think that's legit?

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 02:57 PM
How do you know?

Don't kill the messenger

How do you know it does?

Really Clark?
11-07-2016, 02:58 PM
How do you know?

Don't kill the messenger

It's a freaking fan site making a wish list. Beat writers do the same crap every year with absolutely nothing but their opinion and wishes. Some use this 2nd and 3rd degree seperation to make some sort of connection to make it seem viable. Sexton had nothing to do with this. It's only because of his success at what many believe to be a piss poor program that he has turned around. Period. Nothing else to it.

thf24
11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Yes, yes I do.

Why would agents waste time using fansites to shop their clients when they have far better and more direct channels?

Really Clark?
11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Shotgun, I generally like your posts but this is a stretch. This is just his opinion and a wish list. He didn't mention any sources saying there was interest. We sometimes just follow what happens with MSU but there are coaches every year who's names are mentioned for other jobs, it's not just Dan. Heck I saw an article that mention Freeze for LSU just a few weeks ago, you think that's legit?

How many jobs has Rich Rod been not only just talked about but legitimately linked to over the years. My word he had all but accepted So Car until his flight back to think about it. He may wish he actually took it now. He may be out of his current job a year later.

justwin
11-07-2016, 03:09 PM
click bait. nothing to see here.

Jack Lambert
11-07-2016, 03:09 PM

Ask why.

Because he puts good teams on the field at a school who tradition does not. The reason you never hear Freeze is because they know he is a cheating son of a bitch and will be out of coaching for a while. Also he sells snake oil.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 03:13 PM
How many jobs has Rich Rod been not only just talked about but legitimately linked to over the years. My word he had all but accepted So Car until his flight back to think about it. He may wish he actually took it now. He may be out of his current job a year later.

Exactly! If you open your world to view other schools besides just MSU you will see this happens all over the country. It's not just here.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-07-2016, 03:20 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TJ_WJTV/status/795002647384391684/video/1

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 03:25 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TJ_WJTV/status/795002647384391684/video/1

Yep.

Dawg61
11-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Many MSU fans don't want Mullen gone just the trolls posing as MSU fans that do.

sleepy dawg
11-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Dan is in the top 25 longest tenured coaches in FBS football.... And you pieces of sh*t want him gone because he doesn't want to be here.
Shotgun (and shotguns ignorant pals) There are 100 coaches who have been at their location for less time. I don't have a problem when you b*tches want him gone because you think he isn't good enough (even though he is), but the sh*t you pull out of thin air about him trying so desperately to leave is really old and is starting to sound pretty f*cking ridiculous too.

Any coach who comes here will be looking to go somewhere else at some point unless he is an alum or he sucks. That gives us a short list to work with, and chances are they'd either be fired, or we'd force them out soon after. We don't have a whole lot of John Cohen's to choose from in football (not to mention y'all tried to run him off too).

If I wanted out of my job bad enough, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take me 7 years to get out. So quit blowing this out of proportion. It's not a big deal. You just need to bitch about something because you're a b*tch. That's what b*tches do. So stop being a propaganda pushing b*tch you b*tch.

MrKotter
11-07-2016, 03:31 PM

Ask why.

Some of you will buy anything

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-07-2016, 03:33 PM
In that same article is Tom Herman, who turned down jobs last year to stay at Houston of all places. Agenda much?
I would much rather have Croom back - he wasn't mentioned in 24/7 articles so he must not have been a slut.**
Keep eating up the random agenda. And then ridiculing people who eat up the media's agenda. Do you not see the similarity? The media cares more about their liberal agenda than our nation. Random Poster cares more about his agenda and being right than about MSU succeeding.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Man with a reach like this you would have the longest wingspan at the NBA Combine.

fishwater99
11-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Dan hired Sexton to find him a new job..

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Man with a reach like this you would have the longest wingspan at the NBA Combine.

+1 that made me laugh!

Coach007
11-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Either you want a high profile coach that can win, or you don't. Which is it?

HereComesTheSpiral
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/0490d57754f6c637f23ac2c11b3ff87b/tumblr_inline_mmz2upU5gm1qz4rgp.gif

oldwave
11-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Many MSU fans don't want Mullen gone just the trolls posing as MSU fans that do.

Glad someone besides me sees this.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 03:53 PM

Let's go back to Croom we never had this problem with him********

AROB44
11-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Dan is in the top 25 longest tenured coaches in FBS football.... And you pieces of sh*t want him gone because he doesn't want to be here.
Shotgun (and shotguns ignorant pals) There are 100 coaches who have been at their location for less time. I don't have a problem when you b*tches want him gone because you think he isn't good enough (even though he is), but the sh*t you pull out of thin air about him trying so desperately to leave is really old and is starting to sound pretty f*cking ridiculous too.

Any coach who comes here will be looking to go somewhere else at some point unless he is an alum or he sucks. That gives us a short list to work with, and chances are they'd either be fired, or we'd force them out soon after. We don't have a whole lot of John Cohen's to choose from in football (not to mention y'all tried to run him off too).

If I wanted out of my job bad enough, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take me 7 years to get out. So quit blowing this out of proportion. It's not a big deal. You just need to bitch about something because you're a b*tch. That's what b*tches do. So stop being a propaganda pushing b*tch you b*tch.

OUTSTANDING !!!!! +1000

thedawginme
11-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Yes, yes I do.

wow. just wow

ILOATHEBears
11-07-2016, 03:57 PM

If I'm AD John Cohen I sit down with CDM before the eff bowl and nail down a contract and he signs it the Monday after the egg bowl. That way if our administration wants him here and Dan wants to be here it puts all this crap to bed and he hits the recruiting trail hard as hell and get a good class locked down all while talking about Freeze getting a show cause and he is here to stay

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Excellent!

Maroons
11-07-2016, 04:01 PM

His previous agent wasn't able to control the public conversation. Sexton is different.

TrapGame
11-07-2016, 04:02 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/86/72/e6/8672e6fb04620cbcf72ab3b1222ae5b5.jpg

confucius say
11-07-2016, 04:03 PM

I'm going to need to know how you really feel

Maroons
11-07-2016, 04:07 PM
How do you know?

Don't kill the messenger

Rappaport said that was blatantly false.

Try not to suck.

EngDawg
11-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Yes, yes I do.

I guess Wittingham's agent is slipping some doe to RP

RocketDawg
11-07-2016, 04:34 PM

How do you know? Did Dan tell you? I think it's more the success that Dan's had at MSU than it is Dan or his agent pushing it. It's true that many writers look down their collective noses at us and think we're overachieving but that doesn't mean that Dan is looking around.

PassInterference
11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Lock this thread. Delete it, even.

SMH.

Dawgfan61
11-07-2016, 05:01 PM

SMH. Second this.

EngDawg
11-07-2016, 05:20 PM

SMH.

Not going to happen

Bully13
11-07-2016, 05:37 PM
you should try not to suck on this topic because you are really beginning to... just saying

BiscuitEater
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Well, at least things are back to normal. Mullen puts a good team on the field & suddenly he's a candidate for every job in the country. You just can't help yourself can you Dan? [/IMG]

Are you sleeping with Dan now? No other way you 'really' know if he "is a candidate for the Oregon job."

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Listen fellas, I want to Dan Mullen to win at MSU more than anyone. I'm a fan of what Mullen's offense does when running smoothly and I can't thank Dan enough for what he's done at MSU. To add, I think Mullen is a championship caliber coach when fully focused and believe he can win the SEC at MSU if he decided he was going to do that hell or high water.

What I'm not a fan of is having to worry about who my football coach is every December
What I'm not a fan of is seeing recruiting suffer due to the coaching rumors and recruits not feeling stability.
What I'm not a fan of is changing defensive staffs every year because of lack of stability.
What I'm not a fan of is seeing Mullen's name in every coach job speculation.

What I want is for my good football coach to decided he's going to win at MSU for a long time. Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Florida State, Texas, etc. don't have to worry about this. Their coaches are "all in" and I want that too. My frustrations with Mullen have very little to do with what's happened on the football field. He's a damn good coach and program runner when he's all in.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Listen fellas, I want to Dan Mullen to win at MSU more than anyone. I'm a fan of what Mullen's offense does when running smoothly and I can't thank Dan enough for what he's done at MSU. To add, I think Mullen is a championship caliber coach when fully focused and believe he can win the SEC at MSU if he decided he was going to do that hell or high water.

What I'm not a fan of is having to worry about who my football coach is every December
What I'm not a fan of is seeing recruiting suffer due to the coaching rumors and recruits not feeling stability.
What I'm not a fan of is changing defensive staffs every year because of lack of stability.
What I'm not a fan of is seeing Mullen's name in every coach job speculation.

What I want is for my good football coach to decided he's going to win at MSU for a long time. Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Florida State, Texas, etc. don't have to worry about this. Their coaches are "all in" and I want that too. My frustrations with Mullen have very little to do with what's happened on the football field. He's a damn good coach and program runner when he's all in.

Your man is Croom then. He was never mentioned for another job. He helsd on to his staff too.

ScoobaDawg
11-07-2016, 06:29 PM

keep that up and you might not be in the red anymore lol

ScoobaDawg
11-07-2016, 06:31 PM
and I'm closing it.. because this is just dumb Shotgun...