PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss Jake Wim. film break downs...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-07-2016, 02:19 PM
or it that just when we lose and he has more to rake over the coals?

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 02:30 PM

+1 That made me laugh! You would think he would at least do a breakdown and show what we did RIGHT against AM. If you only point out the negative and never point out the positives you just look like a douche.

basedog
11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
His agenda is full**

MarketingBully
11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah, he only points out the negative. Gotta love that. Even Mullen noticed it and mentioned his breakdowns after the A&M win. I don't mind film breakdowns if you do both good and bad.

Bass Chaser
11-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Lack of effort**

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
11-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Very Un relentless!!!

Cary Hudson's little bro
11-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Martinas Rankin was named SEC OL of the Week so 17 all the haters. Fitz SEC Off POTW.

"Rankin was credited with three knockdowns blocks from his left tackle position. While the Aggie defense wasn?t full-strength for the game, it still stood out that State?s front-line did not give up any sacks; and on 44 combined runs there was only one tackle-for-loss (Fitzgerald) between the quarterback and running back Aeris Williams, against 322 combined rushing yards." - From David Murray

I loved E. Jenkins at LG by the way! If Calhoun is not 100% play Jenkins at OG.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Martinas Rankin was named SEC OL of the Week so 17 all the haters. Fitz SEC Off POTW.

"Rankin was credited with three knockdowns blocks from his left tackle position. While the Aggie defense wasn?t full-strength for the game, it still stood out that State?s front-line did not give up any sacks; and on 44 combined runs there was only one tackle-for-loss (Fitzgerald) between the quarterback and running back Aeris Williams, against 322 combined rushing yards." - From David Murray

When Calhoun returns...

Rankin and senior at tackle
Calhoun and Jenkins at guard
Clayborn at center

basedog
11-07-2016, 03:05 PM

Jenkins did a great job! He may be better at guard than tackle. I watched him a lot Saturday, he and Rankin had wide splits and it created a gap in the Aggies defense.

Beaver
11-07-2016, 03:34 PM

He posted 8 film break downs during the game...

Beaver
11-07-2016, 03:36 PM
I don't mind film breakdowns if you do both good and bad.

He did...

WinningIsRelentless
11-07-2016, 03:38 PM
He jumped off a cliff after the bad weekend he had. His Brandon Bulldogs ate dirty courtesy of the Pearl Pirates and then state won

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Even if Myles Garrett wasn't full strength, he still is probably going to be the #1 pick in the NFL Draft and Rankin handled him. That A&M Dline came in leading the league in TFL and 2nd in sacks. Our Oline did as well or better than Bama did against them. Whatever those guys did this week, keep doing it.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Even with Garrett not at full strength our OL faced off against a DL in AM that is full of 4 and 5 start talent and we dominated them. Mack and Hall were still healthy and several of there others and we pushed them all over the field and held them to ZERO sacks. Them OL boys of ours done good!

louisvilledawg
11-07-2016, 04:50 PM
He jumped off a cliff after the bad weekend he had. His Brandon Bulldogs ate dirty courtesy of the Pearl Pirates and then state won

2 Things:

1) what is the "eat dirt" thing about? I figure it's some slogan for the close proximity between brandon and pearl?

2) brandon bryant was apparently pulled during the first half so Jake may not have had that many bad plays to diagram haha

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 04:54 PM
2 Things:

1) what is the "eat dirt" thing about? I figure it's some slogan for the close proximity between brandon and pearl?

2) brandon bryant was apparently pulled during the first half so Jake may not have had that many bad plays to diagram haha

lol Number 2 made me laugh!

MagicDawg
11-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Question 1: "Eat Dirt Pearl" and "Eat Dirt Brandon" are the traditional smack talking slogans for one of the most heated high-school rivalries in the state. I understand that there were some years (many decades ago, before the post-season was as organized as it is now) where the game was cancelled because of the volatility of the rivalry.

At least in my day, the cheerleaders even cheered the appropriate version of this slogan on the sideline along with the other cheers they did. I don't think it has to do with the proximity but rather the idea that you want your team to demolish the other team and grind them into the field. It's more polite than "eat s*** and die," but that's pretty much the sentiment, from both sides.

The week of the game, in my youth, was a never-ending chant of "Eat Dirt Pearl" while my cousins in Pearl were saying "Eat Dirt Brandon." The game was at the end of the season so the slow boil of each year came to its peak at the game. There were some years not too long ago when the game was played early in the season, but it's just not quite the same to hate a rival in September as it is to hate them in November.

louisvilledawg
11-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Question 1: "Eat Dirt Pearl" and "Eat Dirt Brandon" are the traditional smack talking slogans for one of the most heated high-school rivalries in the state. I understand that there were some years (many decades ago, before the post-season was as organized as it is now) where the game was cancelled because of the volatility of the rivalry.

At least in my day, the cheerleaders even cheered the appropriate version of this slogan on the sideline along with the other cheers they did. I don't think it has to do with the proximity but rather the idea that you want your team to demolish the other team and grind them into the field. It's more polite than "eat s*** and die," but that's pretty much the sentiment, from both sides.

The week of the game, in my youth, was a never-ending chant of "Eat Dirt Pearl" while my cousins in Pearl were saying "Eat Dirt Brandon." The game was at the end of the season so the slow boil of each year came to its peak at the game. There were some years not too long ago when the game was played early in the season, but it's just not quite the same to hate a rival in September as it is to hate them in November.

gotcha. i live around jackson area now, but not too familiar with any of the rivalries.

that sounds intense!

Dawgtini
11-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Exactly