PDA

View Full Version : For all of our fans that were showing Mike Bonner love for his "sources"....

CadaverDawg
11-07-2016, 02:01 PM
I hope you heard Cohen on Out of Bounds today. He said the media saying he had gotten the job before he'd even been interviewed really hurt Keenum's process and put a lot of unecessary pressure on him. Said it didn't help since Keenum had several to interview including Cohen himself.

Basically, while Cohen was always a lead candidate, Bonner's sources were WRONG that it was a done deal and Cohen had gotten the job. Like I said, he threw likely shit against the wall and it stuck like many predicted.

Maybe in the future our fan base will learn to pull the rope in the same direction and take our President's word over a beat writer that has time and time again shed a bad light on MSU.

Coincidentally, in my rant against Bonner on twitter last week when Cohen was hired, I used the fact that I could play Bonner's game too and end up looking like I had "sources"....so I said "my sources say Brian Kelly is out at Notre Dame". Guess what....today it was released that Kelly is rumored to be gone after the season. Guess My faux sources aka shit slinging is as good as Mike's. See how dumb it is to put down Keenum & praise Bonner after that?

Carry on. Hail State

Ari Gold
11-07-2016, 02:17 PM
**** Bonner

lamont
11-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Sorry- but that's spin after the fact. I got no love for Bonner- but this has been an inside job for a couple of months now

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2016, 02:19 PM
I used the fact that I could play Bonner's game too and end up looking like I had "sources"....so I said "my sources say Brian Kelly is out at Notre Dame". Guess what....today it was released that Kelly is rumored to be gone after the season. Guess My faux sources aka shit slinging is as good as Mike's. See how dumb it is to put down Keenum & praise Bonner after that?

My sources are saying that the CL is continuing to sprial, and even though the sports department left virtually unscathed in the last round (losing only Daniel Pauling, and was that really a loss?) it is only a matter of time before there are more cuts in sports.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't see how Bonner's to blame. Blame the source that gave him the information with a university paycheck in his back pocket.

confucius say
11-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Sorry- but that's spin after the fact. I got no love for Bonner- but this has been an inside job for a couple of months now

Of course it was. We all knew it was going to be Cohen's to lose. That has nothing to do with the OP point that the search had not officially "concluded" (bonners word) when Bonner said it had.

confucius say
11-07-2016, 02:43 PM
I don't see how Bonner's to blame. Blame the source that gave him the information with a university paycheck in his back pocket.

You think bonners source told him the search had "concluded" and there would be no more interviews? no. Bc his source couldn't have known that unless his source was keenum. That statement was on Bonner. He just worded the article wrong. And I'm not giving him credit for predicting smn that had been said on here for weeks.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Of course it was. We all knew it was going to be Cohen's to lose. That has nothing to do with the OP point that the search had not officially "concluded" (bonners word) when Bonner said it had.

Exactly. Some of our fans are so damn anxious to throw one of our own under the bus that they don't even realize what was actually said.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Exactly. Some of our fans are so damn anxious to throw one of our own under the bus that they don't even realize what was actually said.

I'm not wanting to throw our own under the bus, but the leak came from somebody who is trusted enough to be in the know. The leak hurt us. I'd rather it did not happen again.

confucius say
11-07-2016, 04:13 PM
I'm not wanting to throw our own under the bus, but the leak came from somebody who is trusted enough to be in the know. The leak hurt us. I'd rather it did not happen again.

The leak was from the ss camp no?Prob didn't mean to hurt us. Was just passing along info that Cohen was getting the job (which had been said on here for two weeks) and Bonner worded the article in a way that said the search had "concluded" and implied no more interviews remained. That was wrong, factually.

Coursesuper
11-07-2016, 04:19 PM
H
Exactly, Bonner got used to a purpose and the leak came from within the Athletic Department. The process wasn't made more difficult by that report it wrecked it.

MedDawg
11-07-2016, 04:39 PM
nm

bulldogcountry1
11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
I don't see why so many were concerned about how we would look and that we would "prove Bonner right". Well, he wasn't right, he just made an unprofessional educated guess and continued to be unprofessional about the way he didn't back down. Keenum flew off the handle because there were legit candidates yet to interview. I don't think anyone had interviewed, at that point. I don't blame him at all because he shouldn't have to address the speculation with of the candidates. I'm glad someone finally called them out.

ETA: How could there be a leak when nothing had been decided? The extent of the leak couldn't have been more than that Cohen was a favorite.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't see why so many were concerned about how we would look and that we would "prove Bonner right". Well, he wasn't right, he just made an unprofessional educated guess and continued to be unprofessional about the way he didn't back down. Keenum flew off the handle because there were legit candidates yet to interview. I don't think anyone had interviewed, at that point. I don't blame him at all because he shouldn't have to address the speculation with of the candidates. I'm glad someone finally called them out.

ETA: How could there be a leak when nothing had been decided? The extent of the leak couldn't have been more than that Cohen was a favorite.

Absolutely! Heck he was interviewing a candidate the day that bonnet opened his freaking mouth. bonnet and the cl suck!

ScottH
11-07-2016, 05:03 PM

Yup. Actually closing in on 3 months as I check an old email.

And under the blind hog can find a gold acorn theory, Bonner got it handed to him by a high enough ranking inside source he didn't have to corroborate.

His story was worded crappily. The outcome was never in doubt.

confucius say
11-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Yup. Actually closing in on 3 months as I check an old email.

And under the blind hog can find a gold acorn theory, Bonner got it handed to him by a high enough ranking inside source he didn't have to corroborate.

His story was worded crappily. The outcome was never in doubt.

Bonner got what handed to him? That Cohen was going to be the new AD? Bc that's not the story he wrote. If that's all he said nobody would have cared.

confucius say
11-07-2016, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=confucius say;646279]Exactly. He screwed up the story.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2016, 05:37 PM

Proves my point. The culprit is the leaker, not Bonner. I think it's far fetched to say that "nothing had been decided" at that point, but that is our official line and I'm good with that. Especially since I think Cohen is going to be a great, our greatest ever, AD. That's the important thing, not what people think or what the newspaper writes. O, and it's also important that this leaker be afraid to ever cross Keenum again. Or just never have the opportunity again.

Jack Lambert
11-07-2016, 05:58 PM

More like a self hand job since it's Bonner.

Todd4State
11-07-2016, 06:09 PM
The leak was from the ss camp no?Prob didn't mean to hurt us. Was just passing along info that Cohen was getting the job (which had been said on here for two weeks) and Bonner worded the article in a way that said the search had "concluded" and implied no more interviews remained. That was wrong, factually.

I don't think Scott or whoever the leak was intended to hurt MSU but it's still bad business to do it that way. If Cohen really is the best in theory that should bear itself out. As it is we have an inexperienced AD and that's a bit scary.