PDA

View Full Version : Freeze at his press conference per Nafoom

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Said Pellerin is going to get the majority of the first team snaps with Pack, Engram, and Liggins possible bodies as emergency QB. No mention of Patpat.

Can anyone else verify this? I hate to take their word for it.

BeardoMSU
11-07-2016, 02:00 PM
with Pack, Engram, and Liggins possible bodies as emergency QB.

Holy shit, Freeze can't possibly be that stupid...

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:02 PM

This makes me think Patterson is more likely than ever. Could be wrong, but it seems to me that freeze is trying to get aTm to practice stopping run and freeze tries to surprise by starting Patterson and going pass

BeardoMSU
11-07-2016, 02:05 PM
This makes me think Patterson is more likely than ever. Could be wrong, but it seems to me that freeze is trying to get aTm to practice stopping run and freeze tries to surprise by starting Patterson and going pass

I just don't see it. OM fans wanting to bring in Patterson are delusional. He's a true freshman QB that has a light frame and is ca. 6' tall, who has never taken a collegiate snap, and has needed this RS year to build up his body just as much as his abilities. To expect him to step in and play well, with no O-line, no running game, and that defense, is just dumb.

shannondawg
11-07-2016, 02:07 PM
I have heard from reliable source that Patterson will start.

Hope Miles Garrett is healthy and raring to go.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Patterson running first team QB per rumors. If he's God's gift to football like they all think, why not play him? He'll be gone in two more years regardless if he's what they're touting him to be. If he doesn't play, that's more alarming to me that he is involved in NCAA mess. Because Freeze needs wins for his incentive pay, and if he wants to make it tougher for Patterson to potentially transfer...he should play him.

Imo, Patterson playing is a good sign for Ole Miss in terms of keeping him and sanctions involving his recruitment....Patterson NOT playing would concern me if I was an OM fan. Could mean transfer possibility or issues with his recruitment have been discovered. But again, I've heard he is practicing with first team and I expect him to play Saturday, so we'll see

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Why wouldnt he run heavy vs A&M? We tore that azz up running down their throat.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2016, 02:27 PM

It may be a battle of two passing teams that try to run the ball against shitty run defenses

TrapGame
11-07-2016, 02:28 PM
If Patterson goes down in this game or against Vandy, I'm gonna think there's some serious karma coming their way.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:31 PM

Om 13th in rushing offense in sec

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:32 PM
It may be a battle of two passing teams that try to run the ball against shitty run defenses

aTm 3rd in sec in rushing offense. We made them look bad, but they've been a very good running team this year

basedog
No mention of Patterson playing, of course The Rev walks on water and Mistakes can be made!

Ifyouonlyknew

Freeze has never been run heavy. I don't think he knows how to set that game plan up.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 02:33 PM
If om does start Patterson, gotta figure pellerin transfers this offseason.

Maroonthirteen
11-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Hmmmm...this will be interesting. I hear Patterson is NOT playing. Burn the redshirt excuse and all. That was last night. Maybe Buchanan said no. Then someone changed their mind. But the word last night from deep inside The Library.... Patterson will continue to redshirt.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-07-2016, 02:47 PM
When I said run I meant OM style of running..Bubble screens..ha

Really Clark?
11-07-2016, 02:50 PM
If he plays, and until he takes a snap I'm not sure he does, I look for a 2 QB system to utilize one for running and one more for passing.

Mjoelner34
11-07-2016, 02:51 PM
What makes no sense to me is if he, Patterson, is the 2nd coming, why not get him snaps this year against Wofford, UGA, Memphis and then Ga. Southern when swag went down? Is he so good that he is going to light the world on fire next year never having taken a snap in a game? They're only going to have him 3 years so their story goes, well, why in the hell sit him for 1 of those? He'll be eligible for the draft after he plays 2 years. He will have been out of high school for 3 years then.

Maroonthirteen
11-07-2016, 03:11 PM
He either isn't as good as advertised or a NCAA investigation casualty. Only logical conclusions to make. I tend to believe the rumors though of some GC shenanigans.

Really Clark?
11-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Freeze has never been run heavy. I don't think he knows how to set that game plan up.

I would have thought the upset win Sat would have gotten you off of red Dan.***

Commercecomet24
11-07-2016, 03:16 PM

Great, great game plans on both offense and defense Saturday, Dan! Keep it coming!

turkish
11-07-2016, 04:00 PM
So if he starts, does that mean there are no NCAA issues involving Patterson?

Tripp McNeely
11-07-2016, 04:12 PM

No...just means they're willing to risk it.

MedDawg
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM
I just don't see it. OM fans wanting to bring in Patterson are delusional. He's a true freshman QB that has a light frame and is ca. 6' tall, who has never taken a collegiate snap, and has needed this RS year to build up his body just as much as his abilities. To expect him to step in and play well, with no O-line, no running game, and that defense, is just dumb.

Then he was hugely overrated out of HS. No way a 5-star recruit, much less the #1 at his position, should need a year to gain weight or learn anything. Should be ready to play day 1, especially if he was enrolled in January and went through spring practice.

IMissJack
11-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Then he was hugely overrated out of HS. No way a 5-star recruit, much less the #1 at his position, should need a year to gain weight or learn anything. Should be ready to play day 1, especially if he was enrolled in January and went through spring practice.

See Jalen Hurts...

msstate7
11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
See Jalen Hurts...

Hurts was a 4*

IMissJack
11-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Hurts was a 4*

And he was ready to play, so a 5* should be even more so.

preachermatt83
11-07-2016, 06:39 PM
I don't see them playing Patterson.

IMissJack
11-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Me either.

gravedigger
11-07-2016, 06:42 PM

^^^this

gravedigger
11-07-2016, 06:43 PM

So. You save him for two seasons of bowl ban?

gravedigger
11-07-2016, 06:44 PM
If om does start Patterson, gotta figure pellerin transfers this offseason.

Pellerin wouldnt accept #2 next year?

Dolphus Raymond
11-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Hell, I'd play him.

msstate7
11-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Pellerin wouldnt accept #2 next year?

I'm guessing, but I think he was threatening to leave earlier in the year which is why freeze started putting in packages for pellerin. If I'm guessing correctly, why would pellerin stay after not being given a shot Saturday?

preachermatt83
11-07-2016, 07:26 PM
So. You save him for two seasons of bowl ban?

If that was the issue he would have been playing some already to get him prepared.

msbulldog
11-07-2016, 08:02 PM

Sure he can!

Spiderman
11-07-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm guessing, but I think he was threatening to leave earlier in the year which is why freeze started putting in packages for pellerin. If I'm guessing correctly, why would pellerin stay after not being given a shot Saturday?

Yep, right after it happened to Bama, Pellerin started playing some. Was the same deal, sit behind Kelly now and Shay Shay next year.

HAD he left, they would be FEE-YUCKED bout right now.

Spiderman
11-07-2016, 08:57 PM

Yes

RocketDawg
11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Was Pellerin supposed to be a hotshot QB coming out of high school?

HSVDawg
11-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Patterson running first team QB per rumors. If he's God's gift to football like they all think, why not play him? He'll be gone in two more years regardless if he's what they're touting him to be. If he doesn't play, that's more alarming to me that he is involved in NCAA mess. Because Freeze needs wins for his incentive pay, and if he wants to make it tougher for Patterson to potentially transfer...he should play him.

Imo, Patterson playing is a good sign for Ole Miss in terms of keeping him and sanctions involving his recruitment....Patterson NOT playing would concern me if I was an OM fan. Could mean transfer possibility or issues with his recruitment have been discovered. But again, I've heard he is practicing with first team and I expect him to play Saturday, so we'll see

Him playing this year makes it easier for him to transfer. In that scenario he can still use his redshirt year to sit out during his transfer year. The only way to potentially obstruct the transfer is to keep the redshirt on him to where he has to lose another year of eligibility when he sits out, or be forced to go to an FCS school. I hope Freeze is dumb enough to pull the redshirt in a lost cause season. That would be fantastic.

TrapGame
11-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Was Pellerin supposed to be a hotshot QB coming out of high school?

Not like Patterson. He was a 16 star, All Galaxy player that was his own 7 on 7 team. He'd throw 60 yard bombs to himself.

I_Spy
11-07-2016, 10:19 PM
I don't care who they play but I wouldnt want to if I were Shea personally, after all the rebel injuries and it being against tamu and 3 games and if state best OM this year with Shea and Nick keeps shining - it would ruin him in this state forever. And Nick and them are getting it straight.

Saying all that...I hope freeze does it

Todd4State
11-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Him playing this year makes it easier for him to transfer. In that scenario he can still use his redshirt year to sit out during his transfer year. The only way to potentially obstruct the transfer is to keep the redshirt on him to where he has to lose another year of eligibility when he sits out, or be forced to go to an FCS school. I hope Freeze is dumb enough to pull the redshirt in a lost cause season. That would be fantastic.

I think you are on to something here. Ole Miss has a slash and burn personality too. Ask Ed Orgeron.

Schultzy
11-08-2016, 03:45 AM
Mighty late to pull a redshirt on your future star QB, unless you're about to get a show cause.

And losing with your new prodigy in a lost cause season will only compound your problems with heavy criticisms coming from both the fan base and media.

It'll take some brass to pull it w/three games to go; all college QB's in waiting are long shots for 3 and proceed.

Entodawg
11-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Crappy season + looming NCAA sanctions + bad recruiting year + #1 QB recruit not living up to hype = total dumpster fire for Freeze. No way he plays Patterson this season. Too big of a risk. If Patterson was to play bad, he'd lose the fan base completely.